It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Arms Market In Pakistan Fuels Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
They live in Caves, They make guns with their Bare Hands

It is said to be the largest illegal arms market in the world. A location that the BBC states is too dangerous that foreign journalists are banned, except this guy who had to hire his own milita to get a first hand report of the place.

Children and Adults of all ages make these firearms with their bare hands, from scrap metal that has been harvested through regional wars and from all over. they have original musket-load firearms from when the British came through in the 1850's, they have original firearms used by NAZI's of WW2.

With this endless supply of weapons, it does not look like the Taliban will soon be destroyed at all.

However, the geographical chunk of land on Earth where constant battle is waged is now being reduced. Slowly but surely, over the decades, the borders of eternal battle and the fog of war will be reduced, until the last instigators are backed into a wall where thye must surrender, and accept peace as the only solution.

I don't see this in my lifetime, but I think if we flooded these lands with as many books as we shot bullets, perhaps the people will trust enough to lift themselves out of the turmoil.

[edit on 5/3/2007 by DYepes]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
dypes did you just get this topic from weapons and rephrase it?
its not really iligel if the goverment allows it to operate, and there are countless tribal areas which produce weapons which doesnt nessoserly mean they are destined for afganistan.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
oops, I guess i shoulda looked there first. Did not realize this was posted there. Ill have it closed. If someone is making guns with their bare hands without a permit or intent of registration, then yes it is illegal.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This topic is being followed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to continue it there.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join