It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's more cost effective today slaves or illegals in the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
While I understand I am going to take heat for my non PC thread, I don't care, the point needs to be made.

The question I pose is this;
IN TODAY'S ECONOMY(IN THE US)

Would it be more cost effective to own slaves(if it were legal) or would it be cheaper to go with illegal aliens for labor?

Reasons being, with slaves you have to feed, shelter, and take care of their medical needs etc whereas with illegals you just have to pay them minimum wage(if that) and you are good?

Personally, I think big business/our government figured out long ago that it is cheaper for the business to just have illegals for labor?

If this is true what does it say about the people that employ illegals today?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm stunned. You've managed to debase two ethnic groups, and make light of the both the issue of slavery and immigration in one swiping blow. Interesting.

So, by your logic, illegal immigrants are on par with slaves. However, since the cost of upkeeping slaves is not quite as cost effective as employing illegal immigrants, it is only natural that "big business/our government" would choose to employ illegal immigrants.

Now, of course, this arguement would only hold true if slavery "were legal," which thankfully isn't the case.

By deduction, that would only mean that not only are illegal immigrants taking away jobs from American citizens, but from American slaves, as well. Hmmm...

Of course, it wouldn't be fair of me to drag innocent American citizens into to this arguement because the question you pose only allows for a choice between either slaves or illegal immigrants.

This is just another classic Catch-22, isn't it?

join