It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relationship Gone Wrong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Oh so very, very wrong. I apologize if this is story is a bore. But it's just something I have to say, have to get out.
To start, I am currently 18, going to be 19 this summer. My girlfriend of almost 3 years (3 in august) and I have had an up and down relationship, to say the least. the first few years were amazing. We got along amazingly, with the two of us spending days, weeks, and at times even months on end together, just having a good time with each other. But as time went by, we started to grow apart. by about 7 months ago, it was done.
Now, this other girl had been after me for some time, and struck at the opportunity. we spent one night together. Just one. But luck was against us, and she got pregnant. Now, with her living in another city a few hours away, I had to move in with her. This involved my dad essentially disowning me(and despite my efforts I have not spoken to him since, nor his parents) me quiting my job, and dropping out of school so I could move in with her, rebuild my life there, and continue on. It sucked, but thats life, and it's not like it can get any worse, right? Wrong.
After a few weeks, at a the doctors, it was brought to my attention that the baby was concieved almost 3 weeks before I had had relations with her; further more, she admitted to having known this. I was shattered. And so, for the second time in a month, I was stuck completely rebuilding my life. But the story has not ended yet.
I go back to my home town, of Simcoe. I happen upon Suzanne, the first girlfriend, we strike up a chat, and thus starts a friendship. over the next weeks, we were once again playing around with the idea of a relationship. At first as a joke, but then in all seriousness, we began dating again. We seemed to be doing even better than before. It was exillerating.
As summer aproaches and we are both planning to head off to other things, we were talking about our plans together. Before, we had essentially lived together, and so were quite sure we could do it. Through the several months just passed, we had certainly learnt what we meant to each other, and I had certainly come to realize what I had almost lost. She began bringing up the topic of marriage and kids. She was never serious about it, it was half joke and half to see how I would handle such topics. Neither of us would deny the fact that we are certainly not ready for that as of yet.
Quite literally, the day after we had shared a wonderful dinner and a just wonderful time with each other(that would be this past tuesday), she emailed me to tell me that she had found someone else, a 40 ish year old man, and that we were over. I was and am utterly devastated, despite the fact that I had it coming to me.

Any comments/advice etc are welcome, and even if there is none, it just feels good to get that out.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You are a textbook case of someone that can't keep their hands to themselves.

You may extrapolate advice from that.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
You are a textbook case of someone that can't keep their hands to themselves.

You may extrapolate advice from that.

Point taken, though I must add that it was nearly a year before me and Suzie, the first, actually got physical in our relationship.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I was thinking of the mess with second girlfriend.

I don't think you mentioned her name.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I commend you for taking care of business with the girl that you thought you knocked up. It shows that you are a REAL MAN who can stand on his own and make his way in the world. Not to mention having the integrity and the balls to do the right thing.

As far as this other little tart that you had been dating for 3 years, you got off easy. Dude, wheather you realize it or not, you just dodged a bullet. You're 19 years old and have your whole adult life ahead of you. There are sooooo many other better, hotter and smarter women out there. Eventually, you will be glad this happened. She sounds like a flake anyway. Not to mention a gold digger. Let her go ruin someone else's life.

Chalk it up to experience and move on. Go to school in a different place. See the world. You have just been given your FREEDOM! I know it's devistating to lose someone. I've been there, and there is no way to describe the pain and feelings of loss and rejection. But you can't let it keep you down.

Keep your head up. When you start to feel depressed or angry, go to the gym and burn it off on the weights. The pain will subside. I promise. Don't let it destroy you. It just wasn't meant to be. Good luck.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the support and advice man. It's always a help to hear what others have to say.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You're welcome. I just call it like I see it. Been there. Done that.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wow you sound so nice. It's too bad these girls used you for a doormat. But it's true there are other fish in the sea and you are really too young to make future plans as such for marriage and kids.I'm being a hypocrite by saying that. But really, Party ,finish your schooling, do some traveling, figure out who you are as not defined by other people, make some more new friends and just enjoy life. When the right girl comes along-and she will- you will not doubt that this all happened for your own good.A forty year old you say? Wow- thats just wrong in my book.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow, that's close to what happened to me! My ex left me shortly after her 21st for a 33 year old. That dirty
Oh well, even her good friends tell me I'm better looking, plus I have the better job....he works at a restarant and I am an orbital analyst in the Air Force. We'll see wo ends up happier.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Guys have to kiss a lot of frogs too!

And yeah , you got off light.

Good luck dude.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This story acutally reminds me of a song that i'm listening to right now.. You should DL it bro..

Bright Eyes- It's okay, we can still be friends..

I know it's easier to tell someone to "feel" better, than actually going through their position. My advice? I don't really have any right now, i'm in the same boat, in a sense. Goodluck with the heartbreak bro, I mean it.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Again, thanks to everyone for their comments and advise.

Mad, thats really odd; a friend introduced me to that band just a week or so ago, good stuff, haven't yet heard that song though. I'll get it now.

Edit: As i expected from Bright Eyes, an amazing song, not technically the greatest, but really emotional, and fitting to this situation. Thanks Mad.

[edit on 23-5-2007 by Vilkata]

top topics

join