It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found inch long yellow object in can of caramel!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This happened about a week ago when my mom found a yellowish almost plastic object inside a can full of caramel i think. The object was trapezoidal(?) in shape had small dents on every face and was about 1in. long. When we checked later we realized there was no manufacturing date or any official information (no expiration date) A few days later we received the following e-mail from the manufacturers in brazil. It's in portuguese but i'll give my best shot at tranlating it

Prezado,

Obrigado por ter nos acionado, vc ainda está com a lata e com a peça
que
foi encontrada na lata? Posso solicitar que nosso distribuidor nos EUA
colete esta lata na sua residência? Achamos estranhamos o fato de não
possuir nenhuma impressão (data produção, validade e lote) no topo da
lata
o que poderia caracterizar uma falsificação do nosso produto. De
qualquer
forma analisaremos a lata e o corpo estranho encontrado e te enviaremos
nossas conclusões.

Grato

(name removed)
Gerente de Exportação - Export Manager - CE
Tel: + ** **-****-****
Fax:+ ** **-****-****
www.*****.com

Alright i'll give it my best shot
Dear Mauricio,

We thank you for informing us about this object. Do you still have the object found in the can? May I suggest our distributer in the U.S.A collect the can in your residence? We find it strange that the can has no markings(expiration date,production date, ETC.) On the top lid

This could mean falsification of the product. Anyways we'll analyze the product and the strange object in the can and send you the results.

Well there it is my best try. We stored the object found in the can in a plastic bag until the distributer arrives. This morning my mom mentioned the object was seemingly getting smaller but i dont think so

I say watch what you eat

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Falken]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Aw crud, i was just eating and realized i took a spoonfull of it i dont think it will do anything though

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hey thats no worse than the centipede I found dehydrated in my Ramen noodles. Haven't eaten them in years since then.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Hey thats no worse than the centipede I found dehydrated in my Ramen noodles. Haven't eaten them in years since then.

Never had Ramen before, and now I know I never will.

top topics

join