It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of Tattoos?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Tattoos - I have three, my husband has none.

All three are rites of personal passage and all have multi-varied stories behind the use of symbolism emploed in them. Nothing serious, but personal to me.

They're great tribal identifiers.

I love tattoos because they give you a little "heads up" on someone, and also can be wonderful conversation starters.

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
i found this thread to be rather interesting because for me personally i dont really care for them. As far as i am concerened I came out of the womb perfect just the way i am. Ill grant you i have seen some that are really good and all and at times they can be sexy on a woman, my current girlfriend being a good example of this. normally it wouldnt keep me from dating you as long as it is tasteful.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hi all, to add to the thread... I have three tats that actually look like two, one is a cartoon moon that my oldest daughter picked out of her coloring book when she was 6, I have not seen her in 14 years.. her father kidnapped her and I would NEVER have it taken off...

my other tat represents my roots in the Native American heritage...

both are on my upper arms, out of site when needed...

no I do not believe that you should ever put anothers name on you because relationships tend to go away before the tat does..lol.. male or female...

I would love to get more, the feeling is like no other..

as for a requiremnet to date or not to date? well my ex-husband had many, but my man now has none and hates the thought of them..(on him)

I think that on some they are sexy but on others are just plain nasty..

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

I believe that depends upon the tattoos.

Someone would be stupid to have arms and legs full of Tasmaina Devils and big breasted women. Lame and shallow.

Our bodies are temples. Like any church they adorn with things of symbolic worth. Tattoos can say alot about you.

Would you be alone with a man who had a face full of black tears running down his cheek from his eyes? If so, you might become the next tear drop to be tattooed on his cheek.

A tattoo is a form of expression. If that expression says "Dah, I'm a supid follower and I wanted to get a tattoo so I got this because I thought it was cute and I didn't know what else to get." well there you go.

However if the tattoo is symbolic and with meaning to the body it is displayed upon, that's a person that wants you to know their reality.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

yeah I agree.

A while back when i created this thread I wanted to get one, but now I don't think it would look right ON ME. So I don't think I will be getting any. ever.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
reply to post by Incarnated

yeah I agree.

A while back when i created this thread I wanted to get one, but now I don't think it would look right ON ME. So I don't think I will be getting any. ever.

If you want one, you should get one.

I have one and no one sees it besides my woman and myself.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When my last husbnd and I seperated I cried for a week. My daughter asked me to go help her pick out a new tat for herself. Well...she really had the appointment set up for me. My face was swollen and staind with tears as I looked through all the tats.

Finally I chose a beauitful butterfly. I told the artist to hurt me more than I was already hurting inside. He did. I had it done on my left uh chest. You can't see it unless I have a strapy shirt or low cut shirt on. I need to have it recolored as it is very old and faded.

I want more but at 60 I feel a bit too mature to get any.

The only place I don't like to see tats is on a persons face.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I know it's not quite the same but once I drew a picture of the Virgin of Guadalupe with magic markers on my leg.

It was real cool!! And lasted almost 3 days.

Iv'e alway wondered though why a grown man would get a tattoo of Porky Pig. I saw it a couple days ago in a 7/11 and the image is still suck in my mind.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by whaaa]

[edit on 26-11-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

i was in the shop one day just gabbing with my buds(the artists) and some big dude came in, looking all tough and yoked and he picked out a winnie the pooh tattoo that was the size of about a silver dollar. his arms were huge too.

know what an otter pop is? those pop cicle things in a plastic tube. well, otter pop is the name brand and i have seen that on someone. it was a green otter pop.
bottle of heinz 57.

you never know why a person gets what they get.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i think it depends on the tattoo. i want my boyfriend to get stars that start at his hips and trail down.... if you get what i mean. i think that would be sexy. i guess it would also depend on where you decided to get the tattoo at.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm getting ready to get my first tattoo. I've been trying to design my second tat as well. I just can't draw. If anyone would be interested in helping me, please tell me.

I want one of Libra scales with the world trying to weigh one side down with a Saggitarius (centaur) not letting the world weigh it down.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I love Love LOVE tattoos! i like the most types, especially when they mean something and have a story with them!

if there were two guys that likes me and one had tattoos and the other didn't.. i would DEFINITELY pick the tattooed guy! tattoos are so sexy and interesting! i love color and original pieces. good luck with your body art!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

I was wondering what people's opinions on tattoos are.

Women, what do you think of tattoos? I think a tattoo is degrading and disrespectful to your body.

yeah If I had one saying "ho"

I have considered getting one but it would have to be done well (not as in "tasteful" cleshe but skillful) and I'd need alot of faith in the artist. I've seen alot of tatts that a look like they were drawn with crayons by 5 year olds.. I don't like the dark green ink either.

Have you ever discriminated against dating someone with tattoos? I would be friends but I would never go out with them.

yes guys with jail tatts.

I don't mind a guy with tatts but they need to be on a taut body. I also hate when an artwork detracts from a good physique. if you have good muscle definition.. why would you cover it with scribbles? least get a design that moves with the contours.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I personally Love tattoo's, and any one who has them. Sometimes I come across people covered w/ tat's and question them about each one. For me, tat's are meaningful, they symbolize something. I forget I have them and often people question me about my own, then I go into synopsis's about each one. They bring back memories, and I'm always tempted to get more.
And for those who don't have Tat's "Hey, I like you too".

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't like girls with tattoos. I think that tattoos are ugly and they diminish the beauty of a woman's skin.

I wouldn't say I wouldnt date a woman with a tattoo but I think it's a huge turn off.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm fine with the choice of having a tattoo, there are some tattoos that look pretty good if they are small and have meaning.

But really I just can't get over why people think drawing on themselves is cool or "interesting"

It's skin not paper?

Everyone is different thou, and that's a good thing.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hey

I have 2 tatoos. Right and left at my "under-arms" (
english words
).

at the left side it means: le olam, old jewesh words for "in eternity".
at the right side i have a sword with a fewer (means: words can be more dangerous as any sword can be)

they cost nothing, cause a friend of mine made it. I will always remember the time i made them (2 years ago now) and thats the reason i made them.
of course, i will have more, but only if the time is right

Nia

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Women, what do you think of tattoos?

Do you find them appealing, or do you think they are disgusting?

Would you prefer a man with or without tattoos?

Have you ever discriminated against dating someone with tattoos?

Men, answer the same questions above concerning women.

I think tattoos are kind of sexy on a gal, if they're fairly discreet, and not overly large. Large tattoos (or too many) are kind of a turn off for me, but I support their right to free expression.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

Women, what do you think of tattoos?

Do you find them appealing, or do you think they are disgusting?

Would you prefer a man with or without tattoos?

Have you ever discriminated against dating someone with tattoos?

Men, answer the same questions above concerning women.

I think tattoos are great forms of expression. I wouldn't put something on my body unless I felt really strong about it.

My wife doesn't have any tattoos but we have discussed it and she has plans for them. I think they are sexy personally. They have to be on the right part of the body too.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
tats on girls are sexy as hell.
i like to see women all sleeved up...back pieces..
i wish i could find a girl who is as into them as i am

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join