What do you think of Tattoos?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I was wondering what people's opinions on tattoos are.

Women, what do you think of tattoos?

Do you find them appealing, or do you think they are disgusting?

Would you prefer a man with or without tattoos?

Have you ever discriminated against dating someone with tattoos?

Men, answer the same questions above concerning women.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have tats myself so I love them. I don't date anymore, but if I were to, a man with ink would be just as likely to get my attention as any other guy. Tattoos are a modern form of artistic expression (recycled from a very old form). There are some great tattoo artists out there these days, and this form of body modification is better than its ever been.

All hail the tribe of the tattooed people!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That's cool MajorMalfunction, I'm assuming you're a woman right?

I'm planning on getting a few tattoos in the near future. How much tats do you have?

SR

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I love women with good bodywork it's really attractive to me lol when i was younger i used to drool over the suicide girls peircings and tats. Obviously i like women for there personality but i do like them even more when they have amazing artwork it's like a turn-on
. A big turnoff is women with cheap and nasty tats that do them no justice and stretch cause they're badly drawn and applied....corner street ho aint a appealing look to me but then again people may say i have high standards

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
From a woman's perspective, I see nothing wrong with them.
As for mine, i wish I had waited until I was older and ummm....sober....to get one.

Oh well, a mark of my youth.......

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
For me personally I would not get a tattoo.I don't have a problem with people that do. However I don't think a lot of young people put enough thought into what they are permanently putting on their body, and what the future affects of it may be.Have they considered what it will look like as they grow older? Will it hinder their job prospects or relationships with potential mates{especially if you tattooed a persons name}. Is it visible to everyone or inconspicuous?My personal reason for not getting one is that I tire of things very quickly once the novelty has worn off. I change my wardrobe every season and constantly redecorate my home. I would have to change my tattoo 4 times a year.What a pain-literally.I honestly only have 2 images in mind that have stood the test of time over the years but that could change anytime. One- the logo of my favorite band since 1983- DEF LEPPARD. Two- a black rose. Just because it suits my personality and all i ever wear is black.These images may grace my home and my clothing but will never grace my body.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
By the way, it's ironic that you started this thread as I was contemplating it today. You beat me to it.Congrats! Oh and I also like Guns and Roses.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
That's cool MajorMalfunction, I'm assuming you're a woman right?

I'm planning on getting a few tattoos in the near future. How much tats do you have?

Yes, I'm a woman. I have one ankle tat, an armband on my left upper, three other upper arm tattoos. I had two on my shoulder blades but had them covered up with a large backpiece that's still in progress. You can view that one here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I need two more sittings before it's done, then I'm officially out of money so I have to quit. Though I'd like to get a large dragon and phoenix on my lower back someday.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
You can view that one here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I need two more sittings before it's done, then I'm officially out of money so I have to quit. Though I'd like to get a large dragon and phoenix on my lower back someday.

Wow, that is a huge tattoo and an amazing piece of artwork. I don't want to be nosy, but how much does a tattoo like that cost?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
$100 an hour, my friend. It's been ... let's see ... about 10 hours so far, give or take. At least another two to go, maybe three.

And thanks. I'm very proud of Kali. I went out and bought backless shirts and tops with spaghetti straps. And I NEVER dress like that. Not previously anyway.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
$100 an hour, my friend. It's been ... let's see ... about 10 hours so far, give or take. At least another two to go, maybe three.

And thanks. I'm very proud of Kali. I went out and bought backless shirts and tops with spaghetti straps. And I NEVER dress like that. Not previously anyway.

So that's eventually gonna cost you $1300?

Man, I better start saving up some money.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I started having it done last August. So it's paid over time. But yeah, good ink costs. It's worth it, but it costs. And YES it hurts, by the way. That's why some of us keep going back for more. Getting a large piece of work done (or heavy shading in multiple colors) can put you into a trance. It's a real struggle to keep deep breathing and hold still. Eventually you're full of endorphins and it becomes a test of your will to hold still. When you're done it's something to really be proud of.

But man oh man do they ITCH when they're healing. Wowsers.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
From a woman's perspective... I don't have a problem with tattoos. I would never discriminate against someone who has one, personally I think they can be very interesting when getting to know someone. Assuming there is a story behind what prompted them to actually get it.

I myself do not have any tattoos, but that's just because I've never had a clear image of what I would want on my body for the rest of my life.

Ink or no ink is a part of who you are, there are a lot more things to judge people on than looks. Personally I'll stick with if you've got a decent personality.

[edit on 5/3/2007 by LunaBug]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have nothing against tatoos personaly, If I were ever to get one I would want a small one that doesn't show if I get dressed up for some event. I would never put one on my face or neck in other words but don't critisize those who have. I have never had any tattoo whatsoever thus far and may never have. It seems to me everyone who has ever put someones name on their body sooner or later wishes they hadn't. I think if your going to have one at all it should be artful and not someones name. Nice art not just some piece of crap work. Get someone that knows what they are doing and you'll likely be happy with it a lot longer. I am usaully facinated to see some nice ones. They also fade in time and never look quite as good as they once did.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You have to use some serious sunblock on them, and they stay pretty crisp if you take proper care.

But getting someone's name is not bright -- no relationship lasts forever (unless you get your kids or your parents or something). I wouldn't get a facial, neck, or back of the hand tattoo because I'm probably going to be going to family court with my abusive ex for years to come, but anything else goes, as far as I'm concerned.

The most interesting tattoo I've ever seen made me stop and walk back for a second look, nay, an ogle.

I was cruising down Market Street in SF and passed a laundromat. A skinhead was sitting in the window reading a magazine. He had a perfect bullethole tattooed on his head. Looked so real! It was oozing "blood" and some "brains". It was very in your face, but he could always grow his hair out and cover it up. It was an amazing piece of work and one that I would never contemplate for myself. The closer bone is to the surface of the skin being worked on, the more painful, and head wounds bleed like crazy.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I don't personally care for tatoo's. I would never get one, but I don't care if other people do. On that note, I would never date a man that was "completely engulfed" in tatoo's...it doesn't do a thing for me! One or two little ones? That's okay though Not a problem

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I would have to be unconscious if I planned to get one. My tolarance of pain isn't too good. So far I have no plans to get one. And Major I saw the tattoo you got omg that had to hurt big time.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
I would have to be unconscious if I planned to get one. My tolarance of pain isn't too good. So far I have no plans to get one. And Major I saw the tattoo you got omg that had to hurt big time.

Yeah, it did. The worst for me was when he was shading the center medallion. It was four colors, one right on top of the others. I felt like raw hamburger when he was finished. Wowsers!

But that's why I did it, hoping that controlling the physical pain would help me get over my PTSD. It has helped a bit, but I still have panic attacks when I have to deal with my ex. Which is quite often, unfortunately.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What do you think of Tattoos?

I was wondering what people's opinions on tattoos are.

Women, what do you think of tattoos? I think a tattoo is degrading and disrespectful to your body.

Do you find them appealing, or do you think they are disgusting? Disgusting and dirty.

Would you prefer a man with or without tattoos? Without, like my man. I would of never, ever dated a man with a tattoo.

Have you ever discriminated against dating someone with tattoos? I would be friends but I would never go out with them.

Men, answer the same questions above concerning women.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of the inked etchings, understandable, when like Shar, they're used to identify chattel.....

I hear branding is also making a come-back among the Goth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join