It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i wonder if you can help me....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
hi im new here and this is my first post.ive been curious about something i saw once a few years ago and i figured you guys could help me figure out what it was. i live in elton which is a small village about 10 miles from chester in the north-west of england.one night a few years back (i cant remember exactly) everyone in the house was woken up by a loud bang from far away.the bang sounded as if it had come from the area we call Helsby hill.its a large rocky hill abot 1000ft high and coverec in dense forest. nobody knew what had happened and nobody really cared.the next morning in the air above helsby hill there was a bright red streak,as if the air itself was on fire.the streak ran down to (or seemed to) the forsests on the hill.then i noticed (how i dont know as they blended in well) a series of small white blobs in the air.as i looked at them they seemed to stretch and disappear.i thought they were merely retinal burns from the reflection in the windows.i later read several accounts of white smudgy blobs being called UFOs (i had no idea what this meant i was 8 or so at the time)since then i have wondered what it was that i saw (PS:the streak remained in the sky for several hours before slowly fading) has anyone ever encountered anything similair to this?

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by AlphaOfTheOmega]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That must have been a wonder to see. I've never seen anything like what you have described but it sounds like it could be a UFO sighting. Do you recall how the loud bang sounded like? Did it sound like thunder or like something falling from the sky?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sounds like this accout could have blured with age, and there a high chance that it was mearly natural meterological events mixed with a childs imagination.

But then again, it could be supernatural.

Btw, good day from a fellow N.Englander. I'm about 20 mins from chester.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i dont recall exactly how loud the bang was.it was like somebody setting off a very loud firework.oh and bruce you could be right.also (bruce might know of this) the UK has the highest number of UFO sightings every year.and the north-west has the highest number of all the UK.my friends know me as the authority on UFOs (since that event and another i may tell you of later i have spent vast amounts of time researching the phenemonon).my friends have told me of strange hummin noises followed by powercuts and i have read in newspapers of black disks hovering above the mouth of the mersey at night.have you heard of anything like this?im always keen to see if there is a pattern to sightings/the nature of sightings.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, first off, Welcome to ATS! If there is anything you need help with, contact me or asala via U2U!

Now then, onto your questions. I do not know too much about chemtrails..but could this red streak been one? (Someone with a little more knowledge help me out here) As for the white blobs..how big did they seem to be? Because I know one logical explanation is it could have been your eyes adjusting (sometimes white dots do come into your line of vision..) Anyways, if everyone else saw them, I doubt this was the case. Did anyone go and investigate the supposed crash site or site where the bang was heard? Try to find out...
Interesting case..does anyone have any other info on these types of cases? Another thing, it could have been a government testing site, maybe? Are there any chemical/electrical/gas/government companies over there?

-wD

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
well next to elton there is a gas works and a shell petrol factory.oh and i dont know wether this helps but about 25 miles away theres also an airbase (RAF Sealand)what really fascinates me is this strange bang and the trail in the sky

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by AlphaOfTheOmega]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Uhmm. You dont hear much of Elton since the Louise Woodward case closed down.

Same with my town, famous only for Serial killers Dr Shipman and Myra Hindley and Ian Brady. And now, World Champion boxer, Ricky "the hitman" HAtton!

top topics

join