It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Out of 10 GOP 2008 Hopefuls Could Be Excluded from TV Debate (Including Ron Paul)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Seems like on Ron Paul (my personal favorite) and many others will be excluded from Fox's upcoming debate. Totally unfair in my opinion. How is the "little guy" supposed to get heard if there is no coverage and if they aren't able to debate the "favorites"?

Seven Out of 10 GOP 2008 Hopefuls Could Be Excluded from TV Debate

CNSNews.com) - Rep. Ron Paul of Texas wants to bring American troops back from Iraq, having opposed the war from the outset. He's also a Republican candidate for president - possibly the most contrarian in the field of 10 - and he may be excluded from a forthcoming GOP candidate debate.

Maybe they are being left out because its Fox?

It will be the second debate between Republican candidates, as MSNBC will broadcast a debate Thursday night that will include the entire, 10-strong current GOP field. But Fox News is the highest-rated cable news network and could reach more Republican voters.

This is what I can't stand about our system. Unless you have $$millions$$ (and aren't in the back pockets of every damn big corporation) you're SOL. Especially when this country needs leadership that isn't tied to corporate america. Even if you don't agree with me, isn't debate and new perspectives healthy?

A candidate such as Paul would bring a different perspective to the debate, he added.

"Dr. Paul is the only real Republican, the only true conservative in the field of 10," Snyder said of the 1988 Libertarian Party nominee for president. "He contrasts clearly with the candidates the disgruntled droves see."

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So... yeah, for all of you who were interested in this thread in the first place
here's an update. It looks like Ron Paul will be included in the Fox debate afterall. Rest easy friends.

Ron Paul WILL BE participating in May and June debates

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yay!!! That makes me happy that Ron Paul will be in it, hope he wins the next debates also

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have a feeling a revolution is in the works. We the people are waking up. We can elect Ron Paul if we band together. If everyone donates 10$ which i have to his campaign he may have a chance. 10$ for liberty is good enough for me

new topics

top topics

join