It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Tokens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I was looking for Images on Google of my hometown to show my kids and up popped these pictures of Masonic tokens.Can anyone tell me what these are used for in Freemasonry? Definitely interesting symbols there

i165.photobucket.com...

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
And these ones too.

i165.photobucket.com...

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You can read about the Royal Black Knights of Ireland here.
Looks like some kind of Christian/Masonic offshoot.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thanks RedPill- I did find out which order they were representing. But I still don't know what they are used for.They are called tokens but visibly say"a piece of money". Surely they were not used as currency of any kind in the general population. So then what are they used for?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
www.freemasonrysaust.org.au...

The link above explains the Mark Masons and the penny as it relates to a Masons wages. All symbolic of course.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Thanks RedPill- I did find out which order they were representing. But I still don't know what they are used for.They are called tokens but visibly say"a piece of money". Surely they were not used as currency of any kind in the general population. So then what are they used for?

They're considered keepsakes and momentos. Most Lodges present new members with one as a gift on the night they become Master Masons.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Actually....while there is a Masonic emblem...the Royal Black Preceptory is a part of the Loyal Orange Institution, a pro-Protestant/anti-Catholic organization which is similar in it's degree structure and (obviously) it's symbolism to Freemasonry but in no way connected.

www.orangeusa.org

www.royalblack.org

M74

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I recently inherited a box full of my great grandfather's Masonic regalia and keepsakes, and I believe he had something similar to those from his Lodge in Memphis, TN.

Also, I hate to do this here, but I can't send U2Us yet. Is there any way some of the more knowledgable Masons on this board could give me their email? I'd like to ask you a couple of private questions, as I am getting ready to petition my local lodge and would like to clarify something. I would really appreciate it. My email is [email protected] if you would like to contact me that way first. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join