It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for people who know a bit about urban legends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I use to look up urban legends a lot a long time ago and I have read some real interesting ones like a big piece of silk that came from the sky onto someones house and when tugged on was still tight up towards the sky.
Then there was the minature citys some guy found out in the middle of the bush and a circle of stones on top of a mountain people used to use for rituals and when u chuck a stone away if you come back the next day it was back where it came from. BUT!
this is supposed to be an urban legends forum and all I see are myths the mythbusters should be solving lol.
So does anybody know any REAL urban legends and not conspiracies and stuff.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If it were real, it wouldn't be an urban legend.

I suggest you go to www.snopes.com and find urban legends marked with a green circle. Those are true urban legends.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There are a few Urban Legends that I know about, though some of them have not been proven.
There's the one about the couple sitting in the car making out in the woods, and the Boyfriend leaves to take a piss, or something like that, and a few minutes later the girlfriend hears a scraping on the top of the car. She gets out and her BF is hanging from the tree dead.
There's the one where the college students are playing a prank on a classmate, and they tie a cadaver hand to a light string in the closet, to scare the classmate, and they end up scaring her/him to death.
There's a thread already on here on the "aren't you glad you didn't turn on the lights" one.
www.snopes.com...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
well sure! everybody knows URBAN LEGENDS!! every community has them! there is an urban legend that says a man got his head cut off by a train a mile or two from my house and if you go down the road at midnight on june 21st you will see the man looking for his head! i have yet to see it though.....

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Some Urban Legends are based on truth. Such as the more common elements that may have happened in a crazy story. I've found that some of the more outlandish, said to be legends, were actually true.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Domo Aragato Mr. Robarto,

We have an urban legend here in Mobile, AL associated with a place called Crybaby Bridge. It is said that if you go to this particular bridge at night, sometimes you can hear the cry's of a baby that was killed when its mother jumped with it to their deaths in a suicide. I know people that swear they've heard it, but when I went out there, I didn't hear anything. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
when i was kid in the 80s i watched a kids program reality series sort of thing, the saturday show or somet, cant recall its name. Anyway they told a story about this couples kitchen floor, there was a face staring at them from the tiles, it scared em a bit cause was a scary face so they polished and scrubbed the tiles to get rid but it wouldnt budge. so next they ripped up the tiles but still the face was now looking at them from within the concrete, they ripped that up and it could be still be seen in the dirt and rubble, they couldnt get rid of it no matter wot, so had to cover it all up. this was told in a true story segment of the show.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I remember an episode of something like Sightings (maybe even that show), where they had this story about a railroad crossing, that if you stopped your car on the tracks, the ghosts of school children (who perished in such an accident, with the bus hit by a train there) would then push you out of the way...

The skeptic in me of course, just thinks it's the same phenomenon as numerous "spook hills" around the country (where you are really downhill, even though you look level)...

But, they tested the area, and it was level. Then, they took a freshly cleaned car, put powder on the trunk and bumper area, and repeated the experiment.

The car moved off the tracks, and when they put the camera up to the powdered area, you could see little handprints, obviously child-sized, in the powder...

C-R-E-E-P-Y........

Maybe there was latent oil that didn't wash off, and then came out when the powder was applied, etc., etc., who knows? But man, was that eerie.....

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It seems that what you are looking for is "supernatural urban legends" or local ghost stories rather than "urban myths" which are more what mythbusters looks at. Both are urban legends but they each have a different feel to it.

We have a wonderful urban legend around Tulsa of a place called "Sparky's graveyard". Depending on who you ask, Sparky was any of a number of minorities but he is always a groundskeeper of the graveyard who worked with a group of criminals to bury bodies illicitly in the graveyard. Someone gets caught and the criminals blame sparky and kill him in some horrific way. Since then, his ghost has haunted the cemetery because of his guilt in burying all those bodies or seeking revenge on his murderers.

The odd thing is that there are at least 3 sparky's graveyards around this city! Each with a slight variation on the story but all agreeing in some aspects. These are the ones that I really love!

top topics

join