It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reagan diary to be published

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Reagan diary to be published

www.smh.com.au

Former US president Ronald Reagan saved his most private and dramatic thoughts for a handwritten book - a diary in which he recalled his running frustration with the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, his fear that Armageddon was near and coughing up blood on the day he was shot.

The entries, brief and to the point, offer a peek at actor-turned-politician's views on world affairs as they happened, and how he still thought about his Hollywood days, whether lamenting the death of Fred Astaire or promising Jimmy Stewart he would look into banning the colourisation of old black-and-white movies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm glad that such a diary is being published there should plenty of interesting reading on offering. While I don't expect anything new to come out about Iran - Contra scandal Reagan entries around this time would be of particular interest to me.
Prince Charles not knowing what do to with a tea bag is classic.

The diary Reagan wrote also displays his human side when it comes to the likes of his relationship with his son Ron. In the future presidents may write bogs rather then diary's.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This should prove to be an interesting read, if only because of the insights we might get into the man himself.

He was the first president I voted for, and my memories of him go back my entire life, movies and TV, and later his emergence into national politics.

I miss him. His like is no where to be found in politics today.

join