It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protecting Bigfoot Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
For the good of Bigfoot, or for publicity.... you decide.

Mike Lake, of the Alberta government, has introduced a Bill directed at the safeguarding of the legendary Bigfoot.

Although taken with a 'grain of salt', he proposed the Bill mainly due to the response from the people he represents, and hopes it goes away... fast.

Global News - Bigfoot Protection

The guy behind all of this is Todd Standing, who was briefly discussed in this thread posted by JBondo, Another Blobsquatch (2006)

Todd Standing is apparently somewhat of a Bigfoot researcher, self-proclaimed, who insists they are real and wants to have them protected by the government.

His reasoning for this, is his proclamation of having irrefutable evidence of the creatures existence which he refuses to make public until some type of safeguards are in place to protect the species from mass hunting expeditions that will likely follow his presentation of the evidence.

I could not open the link to the video listed in JBondo's thread, so I am not sure if the video represented is the same one.

In linking to Todd Standings' webpage, Sylvanic Media , it would appear he is releasing some type of 'documentary' on May 4/5 ( It just occurred to me this could be May of 2006, DOH. I'm sure someone will let me know if thats the case ).

Whether or not his claims are true, and not knowing his reputation as a credible researcher, he appears to be sticking his neck way out there by his claims of proof.

Interesting story and possibly the documentary may be as well.

I wonder what the evidence is he claims to have, that would prove Bigfoot/Sasquatch exists.

Hope he's just no another idiot looking for money and publicity.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The Endangered Species Act has been so abused for so long that they might as well add mythical creatures to the list.

Unicorns
Big Feet
Abominable Snowman
Dragons
Elves
Gremlins
Griffins
Trolls
Fauns
Satyrs
Minotaurs
Gargoyles

Edit: Let's not forget Medusa. She might have offspring out there somewhere.

Edit: How about funding to stratigically place these throughout areas where Big Foot is known to frequent? You know, like they do with those stations out in the desert to make breaking the law more comfy for illegal aliens.

[edit on 2007/5/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ahhhh yes, the "ManGroom".

Had the "ManGroom-3000" but sent it back for a refund.

Handle was too long and my wife thought I was cheating on her because of all the scratches on my arse.

Grady, what were you looking for to come across that??? LOL

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It was actually an ad on Amazon that I saw right after I made that post. It was one of those ever changing ads, so I don't know if it will ever pop up again, but if it does I'll post a shot of it here.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Decided to check back on the Sylvanic Website to see if they released the documentary yet, but I took a better look this time and read the small print on their Advertisment. 'Edmonton Library: Admission $5.00 '

Sorry for the confusion, thought it was supposed to be a 'World-wide Event' with biblical proportions....but alas, just a money maker.

However, if anyone in the Edmonton area has $ 5.00 to burn, may be worth while seeing if he actually has any evidence to support his claims.

One of his claims:

Todd Standing

...I will provide enough evidence to prove to modern science, beyond a reasonable doubt, that this species does exist. In the spring and summer of 2007 my team and I will find another domicile inhabited by these animals. Then we will take two skeptics (An anthropologist and well respected field journalist) on our next expedition where we will shoot a Video 4 in high definition and gather whatever physical evidence we can.

My thoughts are already in, but time will tell.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think it would be a good bill. I mean whether Bigfoot really exists or not doesn't really matter. There have been so many sightings. I'm sure a lot of people would shoot one dead thinking they would make a ton of money off of it. That shouldn't be allowed. I think they should be protected if their population numbers are very small just like any other species.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

but alas, just a money maker.

The five dollar admission was donated to The Humane Society so it wasn't a money maker.

The best footage, Video 3, is of a creature running away from the camera up a steep slope and then to the left through thick brush. It isn't the usual 'Blobsquatch' kind of stuff. A kineticist was quoted as saying that an olympic level athlete could not have made that run as fast as the creature did in the video.

It was a very good documentary. Mr. Standing comes across as very genuine and intelligent on the subject matter and spoke to the crowd before the show and answered questions afterwards in the lobby.

edited for spelling

[edit on 5/6/2007 by Cheech]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheech

but alas, just a money maker.

The best footage, Video 3, is of a creature running away from the camera up a steep slope and then to the left through thick brush. It isn't the usual 'Blobsquatch' kind of stuff. A kineticist was quoted as saying that an olympic level athlete could not have made that run as fast as the creature did in the video.
[edit on 5/6/2007 by Cheech]

Can you post a link to the video? I don't think I ever saw that one somehow...

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It was a very good documentary. Mr. Standing comes across as very genuine and intelligent on the subject matter and spoke to the crowd before the show and answered questions afterwards in the lobby.

I noticed that in his interviews as well, very genuine.

Well I guessing by that statement that you went to the seminar. Care to elaborate on the evidence he presented to support his claims?

Anything that proves existance beyond a shadow of a doubt?

Also, it is good to know that it wasn't a moneymaker scheme, this helps on the credibility side

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ratzaroony

Can you post a link to the video? I don't think I ever saw that one somehow...

I think the '3rd' clip he is referring to may have been only available at the seminar, possibly no links yet.

Wait and see.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper

I noticed that in his interviews as well, very genuine.

Well I guessing by that statement that you went to the seminar. Care to elaborate on the evidence he presented to support his claims?

Anything that proves existance beyond a shadow of a doubt?

Also, it is good to know that it wasn't a moneymaker scheme, this helps on the credibility side

No links to that footage online.
It's the best footage I have ever seen and I can't imagine a guy in a suit being able to do what that creature did. It's my personal belief that it is genuine.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Sounds awesome.

Was it taken at the same time as the other footage he shows on his site or was at a different time location? He said somewhere (I think) that he knows an exact spot where they can be found and does not want anyone knowing about it due to expoitation concerns.

If it is as good as you say, I have to lean towards this guy being legit. As we have all found, out any footage of the creature has huge monetary gain and this guy appears not to be tempted by any of it.

Did he say anything about posted the vid on his site?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
As far as I can recall, both clips were taken on the same expedition.

I don't think he is going to post 'video 3' on his site anytime soon. I think he wants the footage analysed first, and from what I understand, he has found someone, or some company with the proper equipment to do that.

[edit on 5/14/2007 by Cheech]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the info.

Can you describe the footage? short/long, clear/grainy, visable characteristics, etc.

Also, was he out searching for Sasquach/Bigfoot on this expedition? Or just came across him. I know he had been looking for evidence on previous sightings according to what I read.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Video 3 was short, about 7 or 8 seconds. But it is very clear and shows the creature running away from the camera. The feet were large and it was very agile. I think a guy in a suit with big fake feet would be a total clutz. Also, I notice as it ran to the left through the trees after it bounded up the slope, it didn't push branches out of the way, it just ran fast headlong into the trees and you could see a tree, that was taller than the animal, spring back after it had gotten past the tree. This creature ran through like a bear would go through the brush, fast and powerful, without using it's arms to protect itself as humans do. None-the-less, this animal was definitely bipedal.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The Endangered Species Act has been so abused for so long that they might as well add mythical creatures to the list.

Unicorns
Big Feet

I love ya Grady, but I have to disagree. Bigfoot is not a mythical creature, I've seen one with my own eyes. I've posted the story many times on this site so I won't repeat it here.

Still, Bigfoot is real. I've seen one.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I love ya Grady, but I have to disagree. Bigfoot is not a mythical creature, I've seen one with my own eyes. I've posted the story many times on this site so I won't repeat it here.

Still, Bigfoot is real. I've seen one.

Love and light,

wupy

Can you post a link to the story Mr. Wupy, I think I read it already but need to refresh my memory.

You also mentioned in another post ( Bigfoot ) the feeling of shear terror you had when you saw it..... I can almost sense the feelling you describe, but never want to experience it myself.

tks

DSO

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just found out about this when i heard it on the local news here today. Apperently He'll be showing the documentry at the University of Calgary this friday and saturday.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DSO
Just found out about this when i heard it on the local news here today. Apperently He'll be showing the documentry at the University of Calgary this friday and saturday.

I wish I lived in Calgary, that would be interesting to see.

I am still hopeful someone uploads it where it can be viewed by everyone.

*** The above statement in no way suggests illegal activity.... sort of ***

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
What happened with this story.

the website only loads an email link.

The vids have all been pulled and I can't find them anywhere.

Has he ever released the documentary?

Has anyone else gone into Sylvanic to research the bigfoot family there?

I NEED TO KNOW!!!

top topics

join