It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving Alien Spacecraft Shadow Photographed On Mars!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
In an incident that NASA officials have named, “The Independence Day Scenario”, a similar circular shadow crossed over Sojourner. The movie can be found in the link provided below. You need QuickTime for this. If you don’t, then here are successive timed photographic images of the shadow crossing Sojourner.

Can this be explained as a natural or meteorological Martian phenomenon? NASA officials were scrambling to discover who else might be on the Martian surface. Could it have been a secret involvement by the then Soviet Union, or was it an extra-terrestrial craft?

But probably it could be a hoax! You decide.

Check out the 'movement' of the shadow over Sojourner in the frames below...

Courtesy: Ontology Development

The most disturbing element of the transmissions is that the object casting the shadow literally seems to change direction as it crosses over Sojourner. NASA officials doubt that any natural or meteorological phenomenon could explain the Martian shadow.
"It was just too weird," said an unnamed source at NASA. "The way the shadow crossed over Sojourner indicated that Sojourner itself was under observation, almost as though another probe were photographing our mission."

What do you make of this? Our image experts on ATS may be able to throw some light on this. But if it’s unexplainable, then heck, we’re not alone!

Cheers!

Click on the third pic from the top in the main text here...

[edit on 2-5-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
COOL. I'm having trouble connecting though. What is the 'external source'? How reliable is it? I have never seen this before. It is interesting.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Maybe its a transformer mike? What do you think? Seriously though...How many posts do you have on "unexplained" images on mars? Seems like everytime I look theres 2 or 3

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It's the shadow of a weather balloon !

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Are there other sources that point to this specific anomaly? Besides totalthinker.com?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
OFFICIAL NASA OFFICIAL: Swamp gas. Err mars swamp gas. Nothing to see here folks, really. Hey while your here take a look at some snazzy Hubble images!

Interesting find! The small video is a time lapsed version of snapshots taken I believe so the actual shadow moved slower and hovered for some time, then moved changed direction, and finally moved off.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Are there other sources that point to this specific anomaly? Besides totalthinker.com?

I would like to know that too. Is there an official nasa page that reports on this anomaly as well? I am betting that someone edited the footage. But I may be wrong.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
i'm not up on astronomy, but could this have anything to do with it?:

shadow of phobos on mars

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

Originally posted by laiguana

I would like to know that too. Is there an official nasa page that reports on this anomaly as well? I am betting that someone edited the footage. But I may be wrong.

Omega, do you seriously think NASA would give you that kind of footage on purpose or put it up on their web site? Man, if it's actually the shadow of an alien spacecraft, what do you think NASA would do? They would shove it in the underground vaults at Dulce behind three-foot steel doors!

I'm trying to locate other independent sources to corroborate this. Hope someone here on ATS succeeds!

Cheers!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It's the shadow from the dish antenna on the Pathfinder lander. Really. The Sojourner is only the size of a kids wagon and was only a few feet away from the lander at any time.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Mike I appreciate your sincerity but I do think you see into these things more then is there.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I visited the external link. And looked at the site.

They mention an object called the "monolith".

Look at the photos.

They have taken an unedited photo and presented it as "after", and put a really crappy photo up, with a superimposed rock image, and said that it was there "before". The resolution of the superimposed rock does not match that of the back image, the tonal contrast is wrong and the grain of the image is completely skewed.

This alone makes the whole site total junk if you ask me

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Mike, if it wasn't published on a NASA site, how did the people at totalthinker.com get ahold of it in the first place? It had to come from somewhere.

Something to keep in mind is that the Pathfinder lander wasn't equipped with a video camera, which is what the source video looks like it was shot on. All the Pathfinder "movies" you see look like these, available from NASA, because they're actually a series of stillframes linked together, kind of like a flipbook.

In my opinion the image looks like an edited version of this image, taken July 25 (NOT July 20, as cited in your source article). You can find it and other genuine Pathfinder images here.

geek101, you have an interesting idea, but it can't be Phobos. Phobos is essentially a captured asteriod, basically a large, potato-shaped rock. It isn't big enough to cast a shadow this size or shape.

Oh, and Mike, one more thing before I go. Would you care to explain why, in your original post, you cite this

Could it have been a secret involvement by the then Soviet Union, or was it an extra-terrestrial craft?

as an explanation for the "shadow"? Sojourner landed in 1997, and the CCCP had been defunct for a good while at that point.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Phloyd I do beleive mike is going off the theory that the Russians in fact by bassed the entire moon race and went to mars around the time we were struggling to get to the moon

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm going with a fotochop job. The shadow looks like its been overlayed on the original. Watch it frame by frame.....the shadow of the large rock doesn't change appearance....and it should. It should nearly disappear.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhloydPhan

Oh, and Mike, one more thing before I go. Would you care to explain why, in your original post, you cite this

Could it have been a secret involvement by the then Soviet Union, or was it an extra-terrestrial craft?

as an explanation for the "shadow"? Sojourner landed in 1997, and the CCCP had been defunct for a good while at that point.

There are quite a few sites that suspect that the Soviet Union had already reached Mars by the early 60s. So it was CCCP then!
Though, needless to say, I don't believe this. But then check out what John Lear has to say. The Americans and the Russians are already there! From around the 60s!!

Darn! I'm going back to the bar. It's easier to swallow beer than this!!

Cheers!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'd say this is a fake, I could only find a few sites with this and they aren't mainstream, all tabloid type sites. But while I was looking I found some solid proof of life on mars, see the image bellow...lol

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

They have taken an unedited photo and presented it as "after", and put a really crappy photo up, with a superimposed rock image, and said that it was there "before". The resolution of the superimposed rock does not match that of the back image, the tonal contrast is wrong and the grain of the image is completely skewed.

This alone makes the whole site total junk if you ask me

Indeed, saying the rock phote is the original unedited photo which looks like it was copied from the big monolith picture and pasted ontop of the "original" photo looks fishy to say the least. And being unable to ever get the real NASA photo's from the mission doesn't make things easier.

And if it was a shadow from the dish the lightsource would also cast different shadows on the rocks and pathfinder no?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Nice post thanks for that!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Sorry, the site you linked to is simply photoshopped nonsense with texts to match.

Further on you have a "3D Bible Conspiracy Code" that predicts both the JFK assassination and the Warren Commission cover-up. For whatever reason, the Bible apparently stops predicting conspiracies at the year 2000.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by gottago]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join