It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosslyn Chapel (ala Davinci Code) Mystery Code Unlocked.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Rosslyn Chapel (ala Davinci Code) Mystery Code Unlocked.

news.yahoo.com

LONDON (Reuters) - A Scottish church which featured in the best-selling novel "The Da Vinci Code" has revealed another mystery hidden in secret code for almost 600 years.

A father and son who became fascinated by symbols carved into the chapel's arches say they have deciphered a musical score encrypted in them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed excessive copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 31-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The father and son musician team claims to have decyphered old encoded symbols in Rosslyn Chapel. The Chapel was also shown in "The Davinci Code."

Cymatics is the study of wave phenomena. It is typically associated with the physical patterns produced through the interaction of sound waves in a medium.

A simple experiment demonstrating the visualisation of cymatics can be done by sprinkling sand on a metal plate and vibrating the plate, for example by drawing a violin bow along the edge, the sand will then form itself into standing wave patterns such as simple concentric circles. The higher the frequencies, the more complex the shapes produced, with certain shapes having similarities to traditional mandalas and crop circle designs.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mitchell Site

[edit on 2-5-2007 by WhiteWash]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sure is pretty sounding. I liked it. Only thing that bothers me about any of it is that I don't quite understand the purposes of hiding music in a building's artwork like that. What's the point? Just to do it? Or is there yet another meaning to the symbols? Or is there no meaning at all?

TheBorg

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Everything has a resonance. Maybe sound can be used as the initial energy source in a perpetual energy machine...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Maybe someone who was intelligent, and knew how to record music like
this really liked the music, or it was special to them, and they figured this
is one of the few ways that the recording of the music would last for a long
time.

To bad they do not seem to want to offer the music to the public for free
though, I mean I sort of thing since it is history, that they should'nt be
charging people to hear it.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Maybe just because you can?

There are a lot of symbols in that chapel, many many.. Why any of them?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
LOL, it'll sound like trash anyway. All the symbols represent are specific frequencies. The sand on the plates jumps to specific shapes when certain frequencies are met, they are just depictions of those specific frequencies.

x08

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So wait... there's 13 blocks.. which means 13 notes / sounds... but where did they get the song from?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Maybe from where the blocks are placed in the chapel
going from their "main source" to first block "1"
then block 2 and so on.

not sure but thats what I think on how they got the songs formed.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
But why 13 blocks? 13?!?!?!?! Isn't it just a little strange that there are 13 blocks in that song?

Also, the song plays throughout that whole video, so to say that we have to pay to hear it isn't true at all.

TheBorg

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
this has been on the TeeVee in the UK , and to be blunt it is utter twaddle .

it is a posterchild for both confirmational bias AND the post hoc fallacy

there is no method to thier madness - simply wishfull thinking .

if you read up on thier "method "they started from noting a similarity between one symbol and a sound patern in sand - and lept to the conclusion that this similarity was a deliberate act by the builders -despite a total abence of supporting evidence

they then experimented - untill they " created " other notes that bore similarities to other symbols , here confirmation bias took over .

these gentlemen have simply invented a "music code " and " songs "

they blithely ignored any evidence that contradiocted or did not support thier " musical code " theory , including - but not limited to :

symbols that did not have an " associated not " they ignored

symbols that had an estabilished and clear context - for which they assigned " dual meaning "

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The music as heard bears no resemblance to anything from the middle ages. It is a modern fabrication. Post hoc fallacy indeed.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Some of you need to learn how to read. The video posted was simply an explanation of cymatics, that is not the song. Huked on fonits wurked fer me.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Nowhere in that does it SAY or even elude to the possibility that it's NOT the song mentioned. Show me where it says that? True, it says it's an explanation of how it was derived, but what then is the song in the back being played, if not for the one that they created? Did they just throw some song they found on there as background noise? If so, then that damages the credability of the whole video, and consequently the story.

TheBorg

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The chapel is covered in symbols and carvings. A quite unusual place. I'm sure you could find hidden meanings in any of the other symbols as well. I noticed that the symbols on the roof at the far end looked the same but were in fact all different. Maybe the painter couldn't hold his brush!

The conspiracy stuff is in the cafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There you will see photos of past visitors. Every male member of the royal family. Now what you have to know is that Roslyn (the village) is a genuine off the beaten track village south of Edinburgh. You don't visist it on your way to the Edinburgh Tattoo. You have to make a special trip to the villiage and then down the narrow road to the church. It's a security nightmare! and yet all the male members have visited........hmmmm.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

I just saw a program about it on the Discovery channel, and supposingly
there is a portal to other worlds in the chappel, and they think that the key to open this so called portal, lays within the different carved cubes on the pillars.

They thought that it was music but it could be something else. Who knows.
Just thought that I'd let you know.

Amon Goeth

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Much appreciated Amon. I'm going to have to catch that show when it comes on again, or get it On Demand. Hopefully I'll be able to see it soon.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   

...an ancient musical system called cymatics, or Chladni patterns, which are formed by sound waves at specific pitches.

I can find no reference that indicates Chlandi patterns or cymatics are an "ancient musical system". In fact, the more I read, the more I am convinced this is complete nonsense.

A Brief History of Cymatics

The origin of cymatics dates back to the 18th century and the work of German physicist Ernst Chladni. Among other things, Chladni studied the speed of sound and the ways in which plates vibrate. This two-dimensional study of sound was preceded centuries earlier by Pythagoras' studies of vibrating one-dimensional strings. Chladni's research had immediate application in music and the construction of optimally tuned musical instruments.

The development of cymatics was furthered in the 20th century by Swiss physician Hans Jenny. He experimented with a variety of materials and forms. Most significantly he used photography to document and illustrate his findings. The often beautiful results, the Chladni patterns, captured the imagination of the public and the scientific community alike and popularized the research.

It also doesn't appear this theory is all that novel. See here, for example.

These are also worth watching:

Resonance: Part 1

Resonance: Part 2

Resonance: Part 3

Resonance: Part 4

Consider for a moment what technology was required to make the most complex patterns (ie, the broadest range of frequencies...) in the videos above.

Now compare them to Chladni's patterns where he used a simple bow and string attached to a piece of metal:

Here.

And, here.

Notice Chlandi's frequency ranges? Notice the fairly basic patterns they produce? Do they look anything like the images of the three cubes Mitchell mentions as the notes B, C & A?

You can look up the frequencies of these three notes here.

I'm not buying this one at all...

[edit on 31-8-2007 by loam]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

I'm pretty sure they just discovered that the symbols have to do somthing with sound, but that it is not the " final " discovery within this. What I mean by tis is that the first step of the puzzle has been solved.... I'm guessing it has to do with sound as energy and as a higher form of something we don't yet fully understand.
Isn't it true that everything in the universe or in existance has a sound or frequency? There must be something more to this.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think that the show was called " The worlds strangest UFO sightings " or something like that. ( Discovery channel )

Amon Goeth

new topics

top topics

join