It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Keyboard Spirits?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Are there evil spirits or bad mojos in some key boards?

I have the same fingers as before, the same desk but when I changed the keyboard to match the new computer (it's shinier
) the typing comes out all wrong.

i've stopped correcting any errotrs so you can see waht i mean, it's not me it's this damned thinhg. it could juts be the shape of the buttomns but I thimnkl it's spirits or the pixies that make all this stuff work - i think i'bve got an inbraed lot in my mavchine.

anyone know any good keyboard spells to make the pxies buck their isdeas up or banish the evile spirits?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Those keyboard virus' are pretty mean.. I just got over my last.

x08

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Either your typing too fast, or the keys are slightly smaller... perhaps some of the circutry is a little off or something... all the errors I see there (waht Vs. what is common of typing too fast) are keys that are adjacent to each other. I would guess you just need to get used to this keyboard or buy a slightly larger one~

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The "scientific term" you're looking for isn't spirits or pixies or fairies, but Gremlins.

A gremlin is a folkloric creature, commonly depicted as mischievous and mechanically oriented with a specific interest in aircraft. Their origin is found in myths among airmen, claiming that the gremlins were responsible for sabotaging aircraft.
Source

Of course if they can't find any aircraft they're likely to resort to electronics like keyboards, screens and especially remote controls (they tend to hide these - not break them).

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Could be gremlins, as Gemwolf said ..... or it could be something more mundane like smaller keys, or an electronic snaffu.

Sometimes I swear that some 'lemon cars' are jinxed, cursed, haunted, or full of gremlins.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Although I have no idea who's got keyboards, I have it on good authority that pixies are in fact responsible for screens and fairies for networks.

As every good sysadmin knows, it is part of standard practice to send data to the screen of interesting variety to keep all the pixies that make up your picture happy. Screen pixies (commonly mis-typed or re-named as "pixels" are categorized by the type of hat they wear (red, green or blue) and will hide or appear (thereby showing the color of their hat) whenever they receive a little piece of food. Video cards turn data into pixie-food, and then send them to the pixies - the more expensive the card, the better the food, so the better behaved the pixies are. They also need constant stimulation - this is why screen savers exist.
I would strongly discourage people sending the data they do not want out to the network. The fairies who do the packet switching and routing get annoyed by it as well.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Either Gog and Magog are rising up from the four corners of your keyboard and are gathering for war, or the contacts of your keyboard have simply gotten dirty.

Neither dirty contacts nor Gog and Magog can stand up to the force of pressurized air in a can, or a new keyboard.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by c3hamby]

[edit on 2-5-2007 by c3hamby]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I have it worse as often times I will type a different word then what my brain is thinking to type.

I usually go back and edit most of my posts but sometimes I miss them and later look at what I just wrote and wonder how that word was typed vs the word I was thinking about.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
Either Gog and Magog are rising up from the four corners of your keyboard and are gathering for war, or the contacts of your keyboard have simply gotten dirty.

Neither dirty contacts nor Gog and Magog can stand up to the force of pressurized air in a can, or a new keyboard.

Gog & Magog, that's the answer! (or get the iold keyboard out of the loft!)

Cymru Am Blyth!!!

(only a visitor / invader but that's where my heart lies, and where my ashes will reside - SH551620)

Thanks to all for the entertaining answers

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
never trusted machines,never will but can you exorcize them???who knows right?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I upgraded to IE7 on my laptop, and I was inundated with typing errors. The keys would work sporatically, and most times I had to hit the keys repeatedly before they would work. I almost removed my keyboard (which is never a good idea on laptops) until I decided to remove 7.0 and go back to 6.0. As soon as I undid the install, everything went back to normal.

new topics

top topics

join