It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn on Cnn right now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Rockpuck,

I never caught that at first. They wouldn't show it very well.

Kept flashing it on then off. Crazy stuff. That's not cool of want the protesters did.

Last year carrying their flags, this year ours. I'm not blind as too what they really want though. (Our Land.)

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Rockpuck,

I never caught that at first. They wouldn't show it very well.

Kept flashing it on then off. Crazy stuff. That's not cool of want the protesters did.

Last year carrying their flags, this year ours. I'm not blind as too what they really want though. (Our Land.)

Rock,

Couldn't disagree with you more.

"Our" land? More like our stolen land. When the English coloniels "discovered " "America", who's land was it first?
Southwest states belonged to Mexico and the remainder to various Native Tribes. Our white forefathers made sure that all other people present; Mexicans, Native Tribes and the Black slaves, were viewed and treated as animals.

Hell, even the other immigrants that were white; Polish, Italians, Irish, Russians were deemed second class citizens beneath the English and above the native people of this land we occupy.

Until we actually become an inclusive nation rather than an exclusive, when we truly put into practice our Declaration of Independence "that all men are created equal", and our Federal Government institutes a fair immigration policy that meets the needs of the people and not the needs of the corporations... the protests that bring to attention the inequalities that still exist in this day and age will have my support.

Remember, just because you were born in America does not make you an American.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hey your quoting me not Rock..... I was talking to him, guess thats how you got confused.

Sorry you disagree with me. I'm saying that they fly their flags, change our national song, and scream that they want the land we took from them. So all I'm saying is it looks like they want to take land back.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Shar]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Oh lordy... I hate threads like this, everyone who has ever lived on land, has taken it from someone else... period.

If I own land now, it has not always been mine - however that also means that if someone comes along to take it from me, I will be upset about it.

Whoever owned it 500 years ago, has lost it.

Landrights is bunk.

Grrr... and thus I bow out before I get myself in trouble....

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Exactly Badwolf.

unfortunately the way land claims go is actually who ever takes it from someone else... if you can't keep the land you claim and defend it, you have no claims.

The whole notion of "500 years ago so and so lived here" is completely worthless.

Aside from THAT, I did not take land from anyone, and neither did anyone alive right now, it is land that has been in our countries control for generations, it is our land.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Love the - - "If it doesn't touch my back porch - it ain't my problem" philosophy.

Whether you all like it or not -- this is One Planet -- a tiny speck in a giant violent universe.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don't understand why the police don't use this "perfect opportunity" to let them march, then quickly barricade the exits and run a check on their papers. The ones who are here legally continue to march. Those here illegally get thrown on a bus and sent back to Mexico.

The police really need to start thinking 'smarter' and take advantage of these situations.

As for the ones who threw bottles and rocks at the police, round them up and throw them in jail. Period.

Rubber bullets...

[edit on 2-5-2007 by mecheng]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

However, late Tuesday, a staff member from Telemundo's newsroom confirmed that one reporter and three camera operators from the Spanish language TV station had been injured and were taken to a hospital by police.
www.latimes.com...

Am I the only one who thought of Ben Stiller in "Anchorman"?

"Hola Beetches! The Spanish Language channel is HERE!"

Wonder if anybody caught a trident in the chest?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
I don't understand why the police don't use this "perfect opportunity" to let them march, then quickly barricade the exits and run a check on their papers. The ones who are here legally continue to march. Those here illegally get thrown on a bus and sent back to Mexico.

The police really need to start thinking 'smarter' and take advantage of these situations.

As for the ones who threw bottles and rocks at the police, round them up and throw them in jail. Period.

Rubber bullets...

[edit on 2-5-2007 by mecheng]

I agree.. call in the national guard and just get rid of them.. makes no sense what so ever to allow hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens to walk freely in our streets.. makes no sense at all...

IMO this government has failed.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Again - - if you weren't actually there - - you don't know what really happened.

Just like the Watt's riots. The coverage of the Watt's riots was ridiculous. Not saying it wasn't bad - because it was - - just that it was isolated to a rather small area. But the news media blew it up like ALL of Los Angeles was under siege.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I saw it...they shot like one illegal alien with a rubber bullet.

Unfortunately they didn't round them all up and deport them to Mexico

LoL ...rubber bullets hurt. Ouch. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I was shocked when I watched the news coverage of the demonstrations. There were many "undocumented" aliens (umm... illegal) that were put on the camera. They admitted to the reporter and looking right in the camera that they were in fact, undocumented. And if you looked a bit to the backdrop, there were police officers pretty much everywhere.

It shocked me, because there are laws to prevent illegal immigration. Hence the term "illegal" immigrant.

That would be like having a million murderers demonstrating, admitting to their murders, and the law enforcement saying, "it's ok... you're just demonstrating."

[edit on 5/2/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Won't this thread look silly when the Dollar is replaced with the Amero, and the US/Canadian/Mexican boarder is erased? LOL

Long live the (impending) North American Union!!!! HEIL!!!

but really, until then round 'em up and ship 'em out. Illegal = criminal imo

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Im not in favor of anyone being shot with any kind of bullet,rubber or otherwise.I am in favor of rounding up illegals and deporting them though.The thing that makes me sick,why do illegals clamor for amnesty and dermand the right to stay in the U.S,but continue to wave the Mexican flag at the protests?

If they are so very proud of the country,then why continue to sneak out of it?

If those illegals were so pationate,then why dont they protest and demand their country be cleaned up?
Why arent they in the streets in Mexico demanding change?
These rallies are a disgusting joke,period.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Why would we put them on a bus. They're immigrants like our parents and grandparents, and great grandparents, and great great grandparents. Besides everyone complains about how theyre taking all these jobs, well guess what, theyre just taking the jobs that no one wants. Besides what's putting them on a bus gonna do? Whats stopping them from running the border?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Why would we put them on a bus. They're immigrants like our parents and grandparents, and great grandparents, and great great grandparents. Besides everyone complains about how theyre taking all these jobs, well guess what, theyre just taking the jobs that no one wants. Besides what's putting them on a bus gonna do? Whats stopping them from running the border?

These are ILLEAGAL immigrants, not immigrants who came here leagaly. Yes, the USA is a country of immigrants, but at least we and our ancestors came here leagaly. The protesters are the ones who have crossed our borders illeagaly, and that gives them no right to demand anything from our goverment. They deserve no rally or demontration because they arn't even leagal Americans.

The U.S. goverment should be demanding that Mexico fixes its problem, and help the U.S. stop illeagal immigration. If not, then some sort of punishment should be put on the Mexican goverment until they can help us fix this mess.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes, they were legal immigrants, but we're not really allowing legal immigration to happen. They're here, you cant stop them. Why dont we make an Ellis Island in the south, then, its easier to keep track of them.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
StaleCracker got it right.
This demonstration won't make a tinkers damn when
the
North American Union, the Amero, and open borders are derigure.

Habla Espanol?

Better learn because It's all part of the neo-cons grand design.
Mega corps thrive on cheap labor and all this
talk of a fence and protecting the borders is
just transparent pandering to the "true believers."

you'll see..............

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Yes, they were legal immigrants, but we're not really allowing legal immigration to happen. They're here, you cant stop them.

In one of my previous posts, I explained that "illegals" were being interviewed. Not just one or two, but many. They were "illegal" immigrants.

Currently reports have shown that about 1 million "legal" immigrants are came into America last year.

In 2006, a total of 1,266,264 persons became LPRs of the United States.
source

Yes, they could be stopped. IF, and that's a big IF... the decision was actually made to put an end to immigration. It's not an "if they could, they would". It's a matter of "if they would, they could".

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
For what ever reason, our current president don't want to sent them back to Mexico.

He really don't care if they are here or not.

I know I country is going down the drain. With all this and sending our jobs overseas, were going to have nothing left for us. The government ACTS like Americans are lazy. I have other news for the government, Americans are far from LAZY. If the work is there we do it. PERIOD.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join