It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tutorial 3, How to � Insert Links and Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This section of my �how to �� library (
) is to show how to insert pictures and external web links into your posts.

Inserting Links

Step 1

When you are writing your post, to insert a web link, click on the �globe� icon above where you write your text, as pictured below.

You will see a dialogue box open that says the following �what name should be shown?� this means that you have a choice on how you would like to present this link, you can either leave it blank and press OK, which will show the whole link in your Post (eg www.abovetopsecret.com...) or you can write something like �link� to keep it shorter, this will only display the word �link� in your post but the web address of the link will be hidden. Then click OK.

Step 2

Now inset the address of the web site you wish to link to, (don�t forget that the full web site address is needed, ie www.abovetopsecret.com..., not just www.etcetc �.) then once you have input the address please press OK. This will now put the link into your post.

Inserting Photos

Step 1

To insert an Image, it is very similar to the insertion of a link, when writing your post, click on the �Monitor with palette� icon as pictured below

Step 2

You will now see a dialogue box appear saying �Please enter the URL of the Image you wish to insert� (see below) just place the web address of the image that you have found on the web (the address for the image can be found in the same way as in the Avatar tutorial) then press OK, the Image will be inserted to your post.

I hope this has been of some use.

Peace

DJDOHBOY

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
what they need to do is put all your tutorials into one thread and pin it.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thanks for all of your tutorial's DJDOHBOY
VERY Helpful

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I always wondered about that, but was afraid to ask.
ThankYou!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hey great!
I hardly ever check out this forum, that's why I hadn't seen these tutorials before.
I 'topped' all three of them, good job

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
BTW...before EVERYBODY starts making turorials...

We don't need 25,000 tutorials, so try not to make too many tutorials, or they will not be topped, but removed

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It is also possible to use HTML tags like

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I just tend to copy and paste links from the address bar.Works fine.

With images I go to properties as in your tutorial 1 and copy and paste placing after.

It also always pays to preview your post before posting when you are posting a link or image.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Im just testing this to see if my sig will show up.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I love your avatar fortean, a moving one too!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As always DJ, great work on this tutorial.

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the tutorial. It's great!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Check out these beautiful eyes. You humanoids like to think you're the best, but you got nothing to compare with the likes of these spectacular orbs. Eat your hearts out. Not a bad smile either, eh?

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Even an old dog can learn new tricks. thanks Djdohboy

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
yea but how do you put pictures on the side like when you respond people have pictures on the side. Ho do you put a picture there?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hi DJDOHBOY!!

GREAT Job!!

I'm sure many people will find these tutorials extremely valuable - and the ATS SETI@home tutorial absolutely "rocks" too!!

Very many thanx for your time, effort and expertise!!

top topics

join