It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden Number

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Anyone ever visit this site:

The Golden Number

I did a quick search on ATS, and didnt see anything about it, so I thought I would post it. Anyhow, the idea is that phi is a number that occurrs in almost every natural object, and is the "ultimate" number.

It is definatley interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
check out the film

Pi

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Good film. GREAT NUMBER!

(5^1/2 + 1)/2 = Phi

Phi = ...1+ 1/(1+ 1/(1+ 1/(1+ 1/(1+ 1/(1+ 1/(1+1...

It also relates to the Fibbonacci sequence, where you take the first two numbers, 1 and 1, and then add the last two to make the next.

1+1=2, 1+2=3, 2+3=5, 3+5=8, 5+8=13, 8+13=21, etc..

Also, if you make that on a graph, going up 1, right 1, down 2, left 3, up 5, right 8, you will create a bunch of points that can be linked to form the Golden Spiral, if you put the Fibonnaci equation into quadratic form, it will define that spiral, if you make a rectangle with one side 1, and another Phi, then you can cut off the rectangle so that you have a square and a smaller rectangle, the smaller rectangle can have it done to, you can go infinitely down! if you connect the outside points in those rectangles, you'll define the spiral again!

It's CRAZY!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
read drunvalo melchezidek's, "ancient secret of the flower of life", vol. i & II, and greg braden's, "awakening to zero point, the collective initiation". these books are GREAT, if you want to see a more indepth study, ....gimme phive!!!
here's some cool 'coincidences':
phi-losophy(the old name for science)
phi-re(phi ray)
phi-lanthropist(good guy)
phi-ve(pentagram)
(alchemical) sul-phur(soul phi-re)
phi-sics(physics)
phi-cycle(physical)

on a different note

pi-ra-mid , -all the "sacred" proportions are built into the pyramids.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The Queen's Chamber (and I believe the King's Chamber) in the Great Pyramid is built with the Golden Mean. It is claimed that to use the Golden Mean in sizing a rectangular room will create the most aesthetically pleasing room layout.

The Golden Mean is also seen in the musical scale.

new topics

top topics

join