It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Helping Disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Lets see if I'm crazy for thinking this or not....(if this needs to be in the skunkworks forum, oops, I'm sure it will be moved). I figured that talking about making the public aware of ET, this was the forum.

I believe that the shows "Lost" and "Heroes" might be a way to get the public more "in the mood" about alien contact. Discloser.

I've been watching these shows with the thought that they will end up being about aliens in the end. Those who watch these 2 shows would, maybe, be able to tell what I'm talking about. Then again, maybe I'm just crazy.

I firmly believe that what the public watches on TV(or movies) effects how they perceive things in the real world to one degree or another. For example, the movie JFK, with Kevin Cosner. How many people watched that movie and believed that's how and why the JFK assassination happened? I thought that was a good representation of HOW it could have happened. Only the ones, "in the know," will know 100%. The rest is speculation. The point being, is that, what we watch, sinks into our brains. Haven't you ever heard your mother or grandmother say, "TV rots your brain"? haha

IMO, since TV would be an excellent Government tool to get more people to think about aliens and that they might actually be real, why would it be so hard to think that two of the most watched prime time weekly shows could be about preparing the public for discloser? Little messages here, little messages there, etc.......

LOST is about plane crash survivors on a VERY weird island complete with intelligent black smoke that likes to kill people and a group called the "Others" that experiment on captives. The island is there for one huge experiment. The "Others" are in charge. Theres abductions. There are even big cages on the island that have big buttons that you learn to hit in a certain order to get food. Push the buttons the wrong way, BAM, you get shocked. Kinda like the rat maze. Human scientists used this method to see how smart that species is. It sure is familiar with the stories about aliens abducting humans and experimenting on them. Everyone remember the series V that came out in the 80's? The aliens looked human but were actually reptilian. I'm thinking this is what LOST will turn out to be. Maybe not the reptile part, but still aliens just doing what they do best. Experimentation.

The "Others" that seem to be in charge are immensely intelligent, calm, and composed. The "Others" also seem to know about every detail of the lives of each survivor. Things they shouldn't know. Basically, if you think of the "Others" as aliens, it sure does seem to fit. (To me at least) Theres the 3 toed statue. The EMP charge that went off. The kid that saw polar bears in his comic book coming to life (on a tropical island). etc.... If you watch the show you know the odd things that happen. Boy, it sure would be odd to see a real alien. Out of the ordinary, to say the least.

HEROES is basically about people that can do special things. Magic? Alien technology seems to do magic. Probably the aliens themselves can perform certain things, that to you and I, would seem like magic. What a coincidence. The best is When Suresh, the one looking for every person with special powers, narrates at certain times of the show. If you listen to what he says (don't think about the show, think about real life, real possibilities about life out there, close your eyes and listen, just to the words he speaks), it opens your mind. Subliminal!!! It really does seem to open your mind to the possibilities of things you might not believe in (aliens?).

Too sum it up, if discloser is coming, TV/Movies IMHO would be the fastest and best way to soften up the general public. I know some might say, "why not just show more alien shows?" Well, to me these 2 shows, above, are for the people that aren't into alien Sci-Fi shows. It opens their minds in other ways. Your thoughts??? Crazy?

edit to correct title spelling

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Springer]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I can see where you're coming from, TV shows sometimes can
be 'read into' and may seem to indicate a deeper message.

But from my experience, the idea of getting the population
of this planet used to the idea that aliens are here or coming
isn't a thing that the TV can be certain to achieve.

In the TV series 'Steptoe & Son', there was very little to
suggest a subtle invasion taking place, although Hercules
the horse whinnied for no reason at all sometimes, perhaps
a faint whiff of a Reptoid.

'Quincy M.E' stands as a candidate as a freedom-fighter, his
continuing battle against the forces of evil and general decay
in all weathers is outstanding.

'Murder She Wrote' is more for the intelectual, it shows how a
plan... possibly to undermine aliens, can be formed and the
bonus is that where Ms. Fletcher enters the tale, some poor
sod bites the big one.

CountDown shows no implication of alien involvment, but when
Carol Vorderman places the jumbled letters on the shelf, some
of the planets mentioned on this site appeared.
Makes you think?

'Dad's Army' shows the resilience of Earth and as Corporal
Jones always said "They don't like it up 'em... cold steel"

I did think a couple weeks ago that Barry Scott's 'Cillit Bang'
maybe due to back-engineering chemicals found at the Roswell
crash site, but that's just a guess.

I've not seen Lost or Heroes, due to Sky pulling the channels
away from Virgin Media (b*stards), but as long as you enjoy it
then I suppose it's not doing you any harm.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazi176
Lets see if I'm crazy

yes

I believe that the shows "Lost" and "Heroes" might be a way to get the public more "in the mood" about alien contact. Discloser.

Both shows are not about ALIENS

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan
I can see where you're coming from, TV shows sometimes can
be 'read into' and may seem to indicate a deeper message.

Yeah, I can see it, too. "Dancing with the Stars." Just WHAT stars are we talking about here? "The Apprentice." Since Trump looks like an alien already, it's starting to make sense. "Grey's Anatomy." Do I really have to explain that one? "Seinfeld" reruns. Kramer and Newman. Need I say more? I just can't figure out "Antique Roadshow," though.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hahaha Yes it does seem silly doesn't it. If in fact aliens are real and disclosure is coming, what do you think the best way to go about it would be? Sightings have increased over the years. More and more shows are airing about UFOs. Even CSI last night was about ETs. haha Whatever top dog decides what is to be aired on their network, they sure are leaning to the fact that the public must WANT to see this type of Sci-Fi show dealing with UFOs and ET?? Someone thinks that we like it, otherwise, why does it keep showing up more and more in everyday regular programming? To get used to the idea?? Sounds reasonable, IF, there was a plan for discloser and they were part of the solution.

Commercials are another example. Coors Light and Energizer Bunny just to name two that have a UFO/Alien theme. They aren't the only ones. If the public didn't want to see it, they wouldn't show it, right?

BTW Schuyler, I'm not talking about every show has to be manipulated into trying to find out an ET connection. That won't happen. Just like in the movie, "What about Bob?" with Bill Murray and Richard Dryfuss. Richard's character is a physiatrist that writes a book called Baby Steps. To me his description about the book meant to start out small and work your way to bigger things. Small goal to bigger goals.

Why wouldn't discloser, if it was going to happen, take small steps first? Just about every household in the world probably has at least one TV. It would seem like a good idea to me to start there. Produce more shows about a subject you want to get out. I'm not saying that's what's happening, but I am saying that more shows ARE airing about this subject. Motion pictures, TV, documentaries, etc... It makes logical sense to me. These Networks care about ratings. Somebody, somewhere, thinks that UFO/Alien theme shows are helping the ratings out or they wouldn't be on the rise.

I'm just saying that its possible TV is helping discloser OR these Networks are just taking advantage of a growing hot topic to raise ratings. In the later case, if that was true, you wouldn't be able to argue that awareness is on the rise or a Network wouldn't waist its time with such rubbish. haha I always wanted to say that....Rubbish.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by Quazi176]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Kidding aside, I'm sure that if Disclosure is a planned, tiered event that television and all the media would be used. But I'm not seeing a vast increase in shows with, shall we say, "ET themes" compared to the past. There were plenty of ET themed shows in the past that are long dead. Examples include:

UFO Files (all repeats now)
X-Files
Star Trek
Star Wars
Outer Limits
The Invaders
My Favorite Martian
Mork From Ork
Men Into Space
Rocky Jones

More recently:

Independence Day
ET
Close Encounters
More Star Wars
More Star Trek

But even these are getting pretty old. So if you look at a broader time frame there usually is one show at any given time that is a series and a movie released or in production. Compare that to cop shows, or just CSI shows alone, or medical shows, and they're nowhere near. I don't think you need to go to the subtlties of Lost to find something. There's plenty of overt stuffout there.

I'll tell you, though, if Close Encounters was released today, I'd be a believer in a set-up. I still think it is an astounding film.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Schuyler,

I hear what your saying. What I meant by subtitled stuff in Heroes was the fact that while you are watching and listening to certain things in the dialog, it could open your mind to other things. However you perceive it. I tried to find a site that had the actual words to the script of past shows. I couldn't find any. For instance, what I said about one of Suresh's narrations, he started out by saying , "We are not alone....... " ( I don't remember the rest. I was going to go online and watch the first 3 episodes just to hear the ending narration by him so I could write it down and post it here. As far as I know, the NBC site lists episode 1 then goes straight to episode 16).

Anyway, of course he was talking about the Heroes when he started the narration. You probably see where I got one of these ideas... "We are not alone...." hahaha To me its the same as the old trick to put your friends hand in warm water while he's sleeping to make him piss on himself (don't really know if this one is true, old wise tale) or better yet when you hear someone talk about food, it can make you hungry by just the mention of a nice big juicy steak. (Hungry now aren't ya?? haha) I could see how you would think that I'm just trying to reach for anything, when in fact, to me, it could be just another sly way to get people to think about something that they normally wouldn't. That being ETs. Saying something can have multiple meanings. It all depends on how you perceive it. I'm probably perceiving it wrong, but its food for thought.

You are right, there have been many many shows about UFOs over the past years. I got interested in UFOs about 20-25 years ago. I love watching TV now and did back then. Every day I scanned the channels to see if something was on about UFO/Aliens. Now a days its as easy as programming Cable Boxes (DVRs) to record everything that has UFO in the title or description. haha What can I say?? It's interesting!!! hahaha

From what I can remember, UFO documentaries where a treat to watch they aired so little. About 4-5 years ago, the number of documentaries seemed to me to double or TRIPLE at least. I've got to delete tons of shows that I've already seen. They come on now non stop. Its a huge difference than what it used to be like.

If I can ever find a dialog (scripts) to the Heroes show, I'll post some of the stuff that makes me write these posts.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I believe that the media, meaning news, is becoming more open with what they will report or cover. I have seen polls and some coverage on the UFO phenomenon in recent years where as years ago, it wouldn't get the time of day. Media in general will only put out what the public is susceptible to be it TV, movies or news. News broadcast stations have become a little looser in what makes the cut as there is too much competition and what they won't show, another station will. As far as TV, people want to escape from their reality for a while (Lost) and in general are looking for someone to save them from impending disaster (Heroes). With the advent of newer technology everyday and a younger generation becoming the majority voice in the world, more people are aware and eager to learn about what is unknown. We can only hope that more will follow.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuylerI'll tell you, though, if Close Encounters was released today, I'd be a believer in a set-up. I still think it is an astounding film.

i had heard many years ago that spielberg was told from high up that "you dont know how close to the truth you are......." (or something along those lines) in respect to his close encounters movie & actual previous human / e.t. interaction.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Bullseye, you're certainly shoveling in the right direction with this blog.
In my experiences I've seen many microcosm and macrocosms in all types
of media that either purposely or accidentilly out alien human contact.

I also see absolutely no difference between angels and demons and greys and nordics,
and so on, magic, and high technology. Depending on the culture and time period the world of fantasy and science fiction merge seemlessly with ours.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I really doubt there is a secret cabal of tv executives that plan for a certain number of sci-fi/fantasy shows every season in an attempt to help soften the populace up for total "disclosure", lol.

Here's a little hint: it's called capitalism. Shows that sell and have good ratings usually encourage others to make some in the same genre. There has always been a eb and flow to sci-fi shows on the big three (now the big four) for decades.

I am so sick of people throwing around the disclosure word. Every 5-10 posts it's disclosure this disclosure that. Wont you all be disappointed to find there is nothing substantial to disclose?

EDIT: Now wait just a darn second here. There has been VERY successful sci-fi/alien/fantasy shows on the boob tube steadily since 1960. Tell me, how many years does this secret group of "disclosure architects" think we need before they let loose, lol. Nice try, but come on man not everything is some alien cover up conspiracy. Step away from the computer and start using your heads for crying out loud....

[edit on 12-8-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Television isn't helping anyone but the powers that be. if it's not constant fear mongering that the television is pushing, it's their agendas that they choose to highlight. the television is a brainwashing technique of mass proportions that even Freud, himself, would find astonishing. the television does nothing but effect the psychology of all its' viewers by shaping the perceptions as you and I know it. the television has clearly been the most influential invention of mankind. why? think of all the hours one spends in front of it. think of what it wants you to know via its' programming and commercials. the television is nothing more than a fascist machine.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I know i have mentioned this before but Timothy Good in his book Ailen Liason did say that the US Govt was going to disclose with a project called Cosmic Journey, the first stage of whihc wpould be gradual disclosure via tv/films/documentaries etc. But it was canelled owing to political/economic and social considerations. I think we are seeing the Cosmic Journey project back in action now, with the mainstream media being more open about the subject as previously highlighted. Not only thta but NASA are releasing tid bits in drips and drabs, ie Mars. First it was ice water maybe now its ooh Mars had water in the past. With the latest probe scheduled to touch down next year i would'nt be suprised if they announce water found on Mars or simple bacterial life etc. Once past that hurdle i suspect we may see more substantial developments. Perhaps an offical SETI signal or something like that.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Quazi176

There is a "disclosure" going on. Only, it's corrupt. When the powers that be on Earth can't hide the aliens anymore, they will make you believe the aliens are evil instead.

Like, hey. What if somebody tried to make you famous/infamous? What's the difference? You could be "proved" to be real too, and equally proved to be an axe murder and child rapist. All it would take is a little press.

You know. Gossip and prejudice. It works well on the misinformed. Look around.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't think Lost is about aliens anymore, but right now I'm sticking to Hero's having the alien theme. What I mean by that, is it's another show training your mind to think about the possibility of "life out there." The things that are said in the old and new series just screams of aliens to me. I'll go moor into deals when I can post here again. I want to post what the character Suresh (don't know the spelling) narrates. It opens your mind if you listen to it. There's many more examples that I'll be able to list when I have more time.

Anyone else have this feeling with Heroes? It's all part of TV shows guiding the public to think about UFOs and aliens.

One example is in episode 2 of the new series. Hero, the oriental teleportation guy, teleports to the past. There's an eclipse, the shadow that crosses the field, boy sure does look like (and sounds like) and UFO that's blocking out the sun causing the shadow on the ground. Sounds crazy, but this is not the first thing like this to happen. It's happened a lot in this show. Anyone else know of more?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
A few years ago there was a mini-series on Scifi called "Taken". Leave it to Speilberg (sp)!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Awesome post OP and flagged. I'll tell you why: finally someone has taken a creative, thought-provoking leap here and trying to inject new ideas into a concept that is right in front of us....

I am in total agreement w/ the premise of this topic. Preparation for something, what, we're not sure yet but NEED to find out. Should *they* be seasoning us thru these Mainstream tv shows, that needs to be discussed, remember the big *corporate* loot that goes into those programs.

(remember V "2nd Generation" starts this year, more rubbing it in our faces. And Speilberg used the known-Nazi Wells propaganda piece War/Worlds inducing fear while Taken/ET depict A. Shapeshifters and B. Fragile, frail EBE as a Grey-looking "brown" -- then the other neutral-minded films/books like A Clarke, 2001/2010 and Sagan's Contact)

On the Jfk thing, there used to be (about 2 years ago) obvious footage on the 'net clearly showing the driver offing him and that's case-closed for me yet you had the entire baby-boomer generation in tears about that conspiracy. Whereas today, we're bickering about *aliens* and the same BB generation nonsense about UFO sightings without anything productive.

Now is the time to start to put two and two together to get further into this instead of being stonewalled by the powers that be. Again, way to kickstart the discussion(s) OP!

[edit on 6-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I just can't figure out "Antique Roadshow," though.

They thought it would be a good idea to hide the key to the saucer in one of those objet d’art thingies.

Now they can't find the bloody thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Thanks for your opinion Ignore. Your either right or wrong. Is disclosure happening or not, that's the question. I know your answer, but that won't satisfy lots of people. Personally, I do get out a lot and have a very fine social life, but thanks for asking.

The answer to your question of how many years does it take to have the public at a high enough awareness level to have a believable disclosure, is apparently not enough. Everyone here knows about or believes in UFOs. This is only small % compared to the normal public. If UFO's are real and there might be discloser in the future, the question remains how will it come about. I for one can see the usefulness of a tool like the TV to further along this agenda, if indeed there is one. I guess you haven't come in contact with a friend or relative that thinks UFOs are complete fantasy and think you are "one beer shy of a 6-pack"" for thinking so. If you did, you would understand the amount of resistance to such things that most people have. So to give you another answer to your question as to why ET shows have been on since the 60s and why hasn't it sunk in yet, would be most people aren't interested enough in such things. The more and more it's put out there for people to view, their minds will be trained to notice more and more.

Since the 60's, shows have increase with the ET theme. I think that it's increased even more so in the past 10-20 years. Yes it sells. One company picks up on that and make they their own show so they can make better ratings. yada yada yada. That still doesn't change the fact that IT'S POSSIBLE TV helps with steering the public into thinking more about what they don't think about, life out there. Those people believe in just going to work, putting food on the table, feeding the dog, paying bills, and going about their every day routine day in and day out. My whole family is like that. What they have here and now is real enough for them. No need for anything else. You can call it stubborness.

Commercials (Engergizer bunny, Coors Lt, etc.....), TV series (too many to name here), internet adds, Movies, toys, the list goes on. Before you say, so, that's what's selling these days, these companies are just making money, I agree with you that they are making money. But it could still be a VERY useful awareness tool. Why wouldn't you use TV to steer people into thinking certain things. It's being done now in the form of every single product commercial you see. Why not, yes there's that word again, DISCLOSURE.

Will it happen? Who knows. I don't. YOU don't. But there's one thing I'll stick by and IF it was going to happen, TV is one excellent way to open up peoples mind to the idea that, "hey, maybe we aren't alone."

Heros was brought up because the narration of the show opens your mind to "us" not being alone (subliminally, if you will). All you have to do is listen to the narration and think about real life and not the show. It hits close to home in my thinking about life out there. When I get time I'm going to try to type it up here for everyone to read. You would probably say that I'm reading into something that's not there. But I say that's how you get someone to think a certain way without alerting them to what they are really hearing. Mind training if you want to call it that. Once again, this only makes sense if you believe something like this can possibly happen. I sense it. I just wondered if anyone else does.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think it is less a preparation for disclosure and more a method for fiction to be pointed at to assist in denying it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join