It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saw red fire like ufo tonight - SouthWales, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Half an hour ago I saw my first UFO.

It was hovering for a few minutes in the far distance, say 6miles away. There was a very slow dim flare-like light to it. Not like an airline strobe because it was too big and fiery. Its a beautiful clear night with many airliners passing over and what we saw really stood out.

My dad stood in awe looking through the binoculars (said it was round) and I dashed inside to grab my video camera. It slowly moved away.

Hopefully it will come back.

There were several military jets on exercise today. Looking at the MOD website its full of similar reports.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by SwingingMonkey]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's not unusal to go out at anytime
and see these strange lights, especially
near fault lines and mountainous areas.

Why? Why? Why? Deliah I ask myself,
is it always a vague sighting and I think
if you tolerate this, then your children will
be next.

It may of been a flare and a local boy
may have mis-identified it.
Road Rage (I couldn't think of how to get
this one in!)

It's probably tectonic plate friction.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Sounds exactly like a fire balloon.

These do account for a lot of sightings, especially ones involving the dim glow (Also flickering, etc) of a fire like light.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It could of been a balloon. Didn't expect to see one at night.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thought I'd help out by showing you what, at least in Sweden, common fire balloons look like.

www.ufo.se...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I saw the same thing when I was six years old, looking out my window near the gulf coast in Mississippi. At first I thought is was a distant street light, but it looked like it was moving around... I couldn't take my eyes off of it for what felt like a half hour, then suddenly it shot up and to the left and vanished in the sky.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Thought I'd help out by showing you what, at least in Sweden, common fire balloons look like.

www.ufo.se...

I understand that you want to find something to solve~

SwingingMonkey
How big is it u guess?

I had this experience too when i was studied in the Isle of man~ in UK~ Same thing I guess~ A huge fire ball (the light is much stronger then the video's UFO Ballong), it dropped into the sea~just in front of me and 4 of my friends, about 300m~500m away~ No sound, no noise at all before it comes and after it gone~.
this image still in my mind~

[edit on 1-5-2007 by roisu]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
roisu

I also saw strange orbs above the sea on a boat trip from Whitehaven to The Isle Of Man when the small Ferry was still running, I watched it with my friends dad and he was very quite after he saw it. It was a long distance away and there was more than one. At one point they both zoomed together and criss crossed each other at some speed. I was gobsmacked but can't really claim to say it was extraterrestrial in nature but very strange all the same.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Did it look like this? It's only in Dutch, it mentions people at different places have seen the objects (the video shows one, but there where 6 of them according to the people in the garden)

Edit: In the middle of the movie there was a party with about a 100 people and the lights went out (don't know why) as they went outside they also saw the 6 objects.

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi Swingingmonkey,

Where in wales are you? I live in Cardiff and saw my first UFO last week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I doubt it was a balloon as you can;t see them at night.
The propulsion system of UFOs tend to make the air glow around them due to ionisation. This tends to surround them in an orb of plasma which hides the true outline of the vehicle. The colour depends on the power output. Usually red would be a fairly low power.

I hope you can see some more and if so get some pictures or movies.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No it was not a ballon. Much too big.

I saw it heading East from Abergavenny. I am sure many people saw it, still waiting for the explanation.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr XI doubt it was a balloon as you can;t see them at night.
The propulsion system of UFOs tend to make the air glow around them due to ionisation.
The human eye can see a match light from a kilometer away, and I've seen these, what we call 'UFO balloons' (fire balloons), from far, far longer distances than that.

As for blatantly stating you know anything about supposedly alien propulsion systems is just... well you lose credibility in my book.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well my old man now is convinced that it was a satellite. I am still not so sure because it seemed way too low to be that. Does anyone have footage of a satellite from the ground?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
2 nights ago I was looking out of my window and saw a big star looking object, I thought it looked odd, and it seemes to flickering, possibly a red light. Anyway I thought it must be a star, so I went to the toilet, and when I went back to look at it, it was totally gone, I wish I had stayed to see it dissapear.

Anyone else see something like this lately, I live in london.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
thats really interesting because i saw a disc-like craft in crickhowell in the early 1990's-cant remember the exact year. it was glowing gold but that might have been the effect of the sun. anyway crickhowell is right next door to abergavenny, i think there used to be a military base in the area.
i havent seen anything that convincing ever again - was close enough to really see it, my sister also saw it.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr XI doubt it was a balloon as you can;t see them at night.

The propulsion system of UFOs tend to make the air glow around them due to ionisation.
The human eye can see a match light from a kilometer away, and I've seen these, what we call 'UFO balloons' (fire balloons), from far, far longer distances than that.

As for blatantly stating you know anything about supposedly alien propulsion systems is just... well you lose credibility in my book.

> I'm a physicist when air glows its because it is being ionised. I do not know how UFO propulsion works, but I know its energy output is enough to ionise the surrounding air. There has been a scientific analysis of the ionisation of the air caused by ufos in the book unconventional flying objects by Paul Hill. The conclusion is that they output high intensity gamma radiation.

Your talk of fire balloons means you have lost credability in my book.
duh!

[edit on 4-5-2007 by Dr X]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
@swingingmonkey

A satellite just looks like a point of white light that moves rapidly across the sky heading west (or east?). They are reflecting sunlight to appear illuminated, so they do not appear red. They are easy to spot on a clear night.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The light from a fire balloon appears a lot brighter than it does on video. Also, as the balloon tilts it appears as though the light is turning on and off too and can appear to change to a dim light when the rest of the envelope obscures the heat source.

I'm not saying this is what you saw, although it's quite likely.

new topics

top topics

join