It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has this happened to anyone else? Memory Alteration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is very strange, and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this or something like it.

Being a bit of a NASA buff, I distinctly remember stopping for a break at my job and going to the TV to watch the live broadcasting of the Challenger lift off. I had been excited to watch this for a few days. I, like so many others, watched in complete shock as the tragedy of the explosion unfolded live on TV.

Years later I was talking with a friend about the incident. He informed me that he also watched it, and knew exactly where he was at the time also, back in 1986.

What? that isn't possible! I was in high school in 1986, and I remember vividly the time and place I witnessed this event. No mistake! I bet my friend 20 dollars it happened years later and he laughed at me knowing I was mistaken. Iknew for an absolut fact just where I was at that moment! I looked it up and found out he was correct!

I was bewildered and confused. Then I saw something on TV that sent my mind reeling. It was a conversation about mass media memory alteration, or something to that effect. The point he brought up was the 1986 Challenger Explosion and how people could be fooled into thinking this might of happened at a later time in their life. This shocked me as it was the exact same thing that happened to me!

Was there a secret trial on people through the media?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A normal psychological phenomenom called confabulation.

It is also one of the reasons eyewitness testimony is considered unreliable.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by dave_54]

new topics

join