It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide Impeachment Actions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

George Bush and Dick Cheney have led the nation into a war of aggression, are spying in open violation of the law, and have sanctioned the use of torture. These are high crimes and misdemeanors that demand accountability.

Honolulu, HI
About 50 people spelled I-M-P-E-A-C-H with large florescent poster boards at 5 city intersections and a freeway overpass. Response was overwhelmingly positive (running about 15 supporting for every person opposing). Lots of passers-by raised their fists, laid on their horns, shouted, or gave an enthusiastic shaka.

Grand Rapids, MI
Our action was taking place on a walking bridge that goes over a river through the middle of Grand Rapids. I brought a 30-foot banner that screamed IMPEACH! and as people came down they said they could see it driving up the surrounding highways!

San Francisco, CA (Ocean Beach)
April 28 was the second Beach Impeach, and this time over 1,500 people came to San Francisco’s Ocean Beach to make sure the message was even bigger and bolder. This time the letters were one hundred feet tall, and said IMPEACH NOW!

Sacramento, CA
WE GOT A MILLION BEEPS FOR IMPEACHMENT and I feel, took back our flag today. We flew big beautiful red-white-and-blues on both corners of our demo. for 3 hours. There were at least 35 people at all times, I guess. I got Raleys to make a big sheet cake saying "Impeach Bush/Cheney."

Americans from more than 125 locations demand impeachment.

I think its is only a matter of time before we get impeachment,
do you agree?
www.a28.org...

[edit on 1-5-2007 by misterfantastic]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
correct me if im wrong but, congress decided impeachment not citizens, and idk the current state of congress but i think its gettin more democratic so maybe theyll actually listen to all the people crying out. and ive heard a lot more in the news about it lately as well so maybe we will soon see impeachment, especially since congress is trying to get troops pulled from iraq by october or something and bush vowed to veto it.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Your data is weak and biased. There will be no impeachment. There are plenty of Americans, including myself, that support this administration's efforts against terrorism and the progress they strive for in the middle-east. This has opened up many new opportunities for contractors here in the U.S.; I just don't see how anyone can be led to believe that we're not making any attempts to restore the infrastructure in Iraq and other areas of the middle-east.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Your data is weak and biased. There will be no impeachment. There are plenty of Americans, including myself, that support this administration's efforts against terrorism and the progress they strive for in the middle-east. This has opened up many new opportunities for contractors here in the U.S.; I just don't see how anyone can be led to believe that we're not making any attempts to restore the infrastructure in Iraq and other areas of the middle-east.

His data is real and unless you've been living under a rock there is a valid movement underway for impeachment. Whether it plays itself out or not is anyones guess. Just as you stand behind this government there are many that don't it goes both ways.

What I find amusing here is your claim that infrastructure is being restored. Are you referring to the infrastructure that the US demolished in its zeal to win over the Iraqi people are you referring to the proposed infrastructure that should be put into place based on what is perceived as the right thing to do? You might also want to check this out:

DoD's heavy reliance on contractors in Iraq, its long-standing contract and contract management problems, and poor security conditions provide opportunities for fraud, waste and abuse," Walker testified.

Poor security conditions ?!? Maybe they should have booked Senator John McCains ample security team for when he made his recent visit. McCain was able to leisurely stroll through the market with his personal army close-by.

About a year ago the Army Central Command and the international forces in Iraq called for a census of contractors working in theater. But last October, the Defense Central Command gave up on compiling an accurate head count, citing difficulties in data collection.

Wait a second. So they don't even have numbers as to how many contractors are working in theater? Your absolutely right this has opened opportunities for US contractors especially the ones who like their palms greased and pockets lined.

src:rawstory.com...

It's been 4 years ago today that 'Mission Accomplished" was claimed. Opinion polls on this president are embarrasing (yah yah i know their polls). The only way for the real mission to get accomplished is to get chimpy mcflightsuit out of office and fast.

brill

[edit on 1-5-2007 by brill]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
A better title for this would have been nation wide impeachment movement.

because ALOT of people are signing the impeachment petition...

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Gee laiguana, last I heard terrorism world wide was up 25% which would indicate the WOT was a bust. There are massive problems with construction quality (lack thereof), poor design, bad workmanship, cost overruns and schedule busting in the Iraq reconstruction. Those US contractors are reported to owe over 7.7 BILLION dollars in back, unpaid taxes. Our economy here in the US has been trashed (don't go pointing at the Dow here, I'm talking about the economy NOT the stock market). The dollar has been driven to historic lows. Iraq is in or at the brink of civil war. Our military people are having their tours mercilessly extended over and over. The US has become an international pariah. Yea, the Iraq war was an awesome idea.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Im so psyched about all this. I really believe its just desserts. I would like to get a hold of that map to post on Myspace (Not the .jpg)

Pie

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Just remember, at the Democratic debate when Brian Williams asked all of them, "Who supports Congressmen Dennis Kucinich's call for impeachment of the Vice-President?".

Not one hand went up.

That should tell you all you need to know.

You keep believing you are the majority.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by pavil]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
pavil... just becuase no one had the nads to raise their hand doesn't mean they don't believe it's the right thing to do. Political expediancy will trump ethics every time.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Just remember, at the Democratic debate when Brian Williams asked all of them, "Who supports Congressmen Dennis Kucinich's call for impeachment of the Vice-President?".
Not one hand went up.
That should tell you all you need to know.
You keep believing you are the majority.
[edit on 3-5-2007 by pavil]

asked all of "THEM"? who is them? the democrats? they are paid to follow the president to his grave.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yeah, I drove by the one here in Toledo OH over the weekend...

laughed all the way too.

There will be no impeachment.

President Bush will be fine and the master plan to bring forth the NWO will go forward. I can't wait.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I dont think EVERYBODY will just sit back and let the nwo take over.
Its highly unlikely that everybody is living under a rock.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Yeah, I drove by the one here in Toledo OH over the weekend...

laughed all the way too.

There will be no impeachment.

President Bush will be fine and the master plan to bring forth the NWO will go forward. I can't wait.

The master plan will be initiated in '08 and there will not be an election held. Bush will serve a third term just as he deserves to. Our leader is critical in this time of crisis and we can't jeopardize the circumstances with a leader that is incompetent, especially one of those democratic nominees.

..lol

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's not a question of "living under a rock."

Ask yourself seriously, not about bush, but about the united states:

1. Will a successful impeachment make us a stronger nation?

2. Will terrorists be less likely to attack US soldiers on the ground in Iraq and world-wide?

3. Will the US' other enemies see this as evidence of american resolve, (or merely as proof that american presidents no longer have the ability to successfully wage war)?

4. how much political choas will this cause? America still burns from the fallout of watergate, even after 30 years. Will impeaching this president help the next (probably democrat) president?

I know the answers you will give. What answers will people in power give? That's easy enough: No on all counts.

So it won't happen. If it was going to, impeachment would have happened before now. Even bush's antagonists see waiting for the next election as better than ruining the country in the meantime.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterfantastic
asked all of "THEM"? who is them? the democrats? they are paid to follow the president to his grave.

I'll try this one more time.... Them is/are the Democratic candidates for president, who as much as you want to believe, aren't paid to follow the President.

You keep believing you opinion is the majority, when it isn't even the majority opinion of the Democratic Party. Got it now?

top topics

join