It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to Vegas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am going to Vegas this weekend for the first time for my 30th. Any suggestions on what to do?

We are staying at Aladdin and the only planned activity is Zoomanity, which it turns out is the naked Cirque du Soleil. Besides getting loaded :w: and gambling away the baby's diaper money
, what should I do?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
well i think yo already went by now..did u hit up the rides those can be pretty fun..i really like the arcade too haha and re enacting scenes from fear and loathing in las vegas while i am actually fear and loathing myself is fun. i did that bathtub scene really good haha

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
We went down for the race in March and just didn't have enough time to see and do everything. But one must do the following while in Vegas:

1-Spend some time on Fremont Street.

2-Have dinner at the top of the Stratosphere.

3-sit naked on your balcony, have a dirty martini and eat dill pickle chips with someone special.

B.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
They used to have a light show down down, you might want to see if they are still doing that.

Since it's your anniversary I would suggest a gondola ride at the Venetian.

Of course you have to hit the Bellagio for the water fountain show.

Treasure Island Hotel has a mock Pirate Battle in front of there hotel, and that's interesting to watch.

You won't go bored.. I can promise that.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ye Olde Topic but still...
I stayed in Aladdin 10 years ago and it was pretty shabby even then.. I hope that it's been renovated since!
I liked the pirate show in front of Treasure Island & Luxor was also very nice looking place. I wish we'd stayed there instead...

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I stayed in Aladdin 10 years ago and it was pretty shabby even then.. I hope that it's been renovated since!

The Aladdin is a whole new hotel now brand new building,

Red Rock Canyon and Hoover Dam and Mount Charleston are good if you want to get away from the strip.

[edit on 6/23/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
The Aladdin is a whole new hotel now brand new building,

Oh, heh, ok

I suppose I should go to Las Vegas again, just to confirm that I really don't like the place. Sort of "Mommy, it hurts when I do this" - kinda way...

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well, I would say play golf but I don't know if you're a golfer. They have stunningly beautiful golf courses in and around Vegas.

You could go see Barry Manilow.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I've played golf three times: the first, the last and the only time. It just wasn't for me.
I guess I should think about starting a topic in Rant why I didn't like it there, though I can understand the appeal for others. But now enough hijacking this thread

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well, if anyone else enters this thread looking for Vegas ideas, I have to throw my two cents in on what to go see there:

Star Trek: The Experience

top topics

join