It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Editing Posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Im just wondering why theres no delay for a few minutes of the edited post stamp you get at the bottom of your post?

I find its a bit annoying here when the majority of forums i visit give you a few minutes to make quick changes without adding the unnecessary stamp, i know you can preview but you can often miss little mistakes if you just want to make a quick post, if its not asking too much would it be possible to fix it please? Thanks.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure why it matters. I'd say at least half of my posts have that edit stamp on them, I'm forever noticing errors after posting, but I've never felt bad about it before. Should I? What am I missing?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Heh its not that bad but its one of those little annoyances that could be easily fixed, also almost forgot as well that when you edit a post twice it adds edited stamps that you have to manually delete, again nothing big to worry about but its the little things that count.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The whole thing is for when you post and someone replies, then you go back and change it to make your agruement look good in other peoples eyes.

That is the reason a person would feel bad about it. They don't like the idea that they would be thought of that way.

I'm mostly deaf so I struggle with spelling bigtime. I have to think hard about it alot.

I then gotta read through everything to make sure I didn't type anything backwards, because I weird that way.

If I type it out fast and hit post reply, than I'll instantly see the errors. Most of the time like it was said, forums have a 30 sec time period. That would be nice here.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
the real question should be why is there a two hour window to edit one's posts...

it would be great if we could edit posts whenever we wanted to (this is especially relevant with thread-starters and giving them the ability to add new information about a topic to the original post)...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Having an edit stamp on your post doesn't take away it's credibilty.

BUT if there was no edit stamps people could quote someone else, but they can't just edit their post and say "I didn't say that" and then it would go back and forth and you wouldn't know who really said what.

It just keeps you honest, no big deal.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think some misread my post, i don't have an issue with the edit stamps in general and am for their use but just that immediately after making a post and editing it they stamp it, i think one or two minutes is plenty to make any quick corrections without affecting the integrity of a posts comments or arguments etc.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Seems theres more issues with editing posts, just recently i tried editing a post and after clicking preview all the text and new changes made get lost in the editing part for some weird reason, also adding editing tags repeatedly and so soon after is still quite annoying, please could you take a look at this and sort it out if possible, thanks.

new topics

top topics

join