It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox html help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have this page here

ATS Galaxy

the mouse over works fine in IE

where it will say ATS Home page if you move the mouse over it

but then on firefox, there is no pop window or anything

is there a code to use to fix this?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm not really an expert at this, but it seems to me you're just putting ALT text info in your tags, and while IE may show those as mouseovers, I don't think that's really HTML standard. You need to put some _javascript in there in there to get it to work in compliant browsers such as Firefox and Safari .

Take that with a grain of salt though, since I'll say again I'm not an expert with this stuff.

Edn

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
With 309 errors in that web page its no wonder it doesn't work.

validator.w3.org...://promyth3us.tripod.com/index.html&doctype=XHTML+1.0+Transitional

www.w3schools.com...

The alt attribute should work (assuming non of those 300 errors are stopping it from working) but ive never used the area tags much so i dont know how the alt attribute is supposed to be treated.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
ok I just ran a program to fix the code

the page you gave me says the code has no more errors

ATS Galaxy fixed but no mouse over

[edit on 1-5-2007 by ragster]

Edn

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well done you went for fixable to WTF!!

validator.w3.org...://promyth3us.tripod.com/ats.html&doctype=XHTML+1.0+Transitional

'Failed validation, 2398 errors'

going with the previous version, the majority of errors are due to incomplete tags. Tags always have a start and an end in this case with tags like < area> or < img> you dont always have an end tag, the way to fix this is to plave a '/' at the end of the tag i.e. < area alt="" /> That will get rid of probably half the errors straight away althoug im not sure it will fix your problem.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Edn]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
sorry about that ha

Um yea I changed the ats.html just a minute ago, I guess before you looked at the new one

so yea that one i did have up there was messed up really bad

check it now

it should be fine

but it still no mouse over in firefox

i tried converting to java, it was good, but i do not know how to inbed java in html

promyth3us.tripod.com...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Add a "title" tag along with the "alt" tag, like this:

title="AboveTopSecret Board Home" alt="AboveTopSecret Board Home"

Firefox does not use the "alt" but it uses the "title". IE uses the "alt" but it does not use the "title".

This is one of the reasons I do not like making web pages, everyone has its way of doing things, and Microsoft is not the only guilty here.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
cool stuff thanks

i wish there was an easy way to add in all this to all 300 lines haha

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it works the way you want to now, but I noticed image ready slice code in there, except you only use one image as an image map.

That would be the reason the image or the image areas don't change.

If you're talking about just seeing the url down in the corner, that works though.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
yea I know, the image ready is what i used to map everything, it took so long

but right now which id taking about 3 hours haha

300+ lines

well I have to embed the title="" stuff so that in firefox when you mouse over it will say

ATS Home Page for www.abovetopsecret.com...

so yea it just takes time, but when its done it will sure be awesome, I might soon have to redo the image, its resolution is not that great, but that means remapping and re embedding all the title code for this to work on all browsers.

I can not wait though, when its done, yea its gonna be too cool

top topics

join