It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antichrist on forums

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Atheists probably killed double or triple (at least) the number that believers ever did.

I'm an agnostic, so I'm not defending them as if I were one, but...

why would atheists have reason to kill? For the most part, Atheism comes about due to the disgust in the carnage that is seen when two religions go at each other.

Most atheists become atheists because they cannot possibly see any way in which a 'loving' god could possibly exist, when they look around them and see religious people killing in the name of god, or simply believing that god is on their side while they do kill.

I've never known of atheists to band together and attack a religious group.

I seriously doubt atheists have anywhere near the kill toll that religions have aquired over the years. Quite often, it's actually the atheists who get killed by religious groups becuase they have been labelled hethens, witches, etc.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting -- holy books are full of forgiveness, love and compassion and yet they killed millions, burned witches, tortured and stone(d) people. No power in them to convince followers otherwise? Think.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'm AntiChrist from middle Russia!

For details see here: my666.boom.ru...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Atheists probably killed double or triple (at least) the number that believers ever did.

Umm... how do you figure this? Can you give any proof to this statement?

No war has ever been fought in the name of atheism. No one has ever been hunted down and burned at the stake, pressed to death with rocks, stoned, drowned or hung by atheists.

No Crusades have ever been started in the name of atheism. No inquisitions ever begun in the name of atheism.

I cannot think of ONE instance of atheists killing mass amounts of people.

But lets look at what the bible says shall we?

(2 Chr 13:15 NRSV) Then the people of Judah raised the battle shout. And when the people of Judah shouted, God defeated Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah.

(2 Chr 13:16-18 NRSV) The Israelites fled before Judah, and God gave them into their hands. Abijah and his army defeated them with great slaughter; five hundred thousand picked men of Israel fell slain.

Thus the Israelites were subdued at that time, and the people of Judah prevailed because they relied on the LORD, the God of their ancestors.

(1 Sam 6:19 RSV) And he (God) slew some of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they looked into the ark
of the LORD; he slew

seventy men of them, and the people mourned because the Lord had made a great slaughter among the people.

(Num 16:32-33 NRSV) The earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, along with their households–everyone who belonged to Korah and all their goods. So they with all that belonged to them went down alive into Sheol; the earth closed over them, and they perished from the midst of the assembly.

(Gen 7:21 NRSV) And all flesh died that moved on the earth, birds, domestic animals, wild animals, all swarming creatures that swarm on the earth, and all human beings;

(Joshua 6:21) Then they devoted to destruction by the edge of the sword all in the city, both men and women, young and old, oxen, sheep, and donkeys.

(Joshua 8:22)Israel struck them down until no one was left who survived or escaped.

(Joshua 10:37) and struck it with the edge of the sword, and its king and its towns, and every person in it; he left no one remaining, just as he had done to Eglon, and utterly destroyed it with every person in it.

(Joshua 11:1-4) People of Hazor, Madon, Shimron, Achshaph, northern hill country, Arabah, Naphoth-dor, Canaanites in the east and the west, the Amorites (again?), the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites and the Hivites unite against the Israelites.

( Joshua 11:14) All the spoil of these towns, and the livestock, the Israelites took for their booty; but all the people they struck down with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them, and they did not leave any who breathed.

(Exo 12:29 NRSV) At midnight the LORD struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the prisoner who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock.

Let's look at the number of people who died during the Spanish Inquisition for heresy alone. That number is a whopping 44,647!! And that is just heresy alone! The total number is 150,000!! All done by believers!

In the bull of Innocent VIII (1484) 300,000 witches were brought to the stake. 300,000!!!

70,000 witches were hanged under the Act of James I.

And I haven't even touched on the Crusades or the number of people who died in the United States for witchcraft.

Trust me, there is NO way you can claim that atheists have killed more than believers. Hate to burst your bubble, but I suggest you actually research what you are going to say before you say it. Anything less makes you look ignorant.

VV

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
In 2006-7, a Greek writer, Loukas Kavakopoulos, published a number of articles in greek media arguing that with the name "The Beast", Book of Revelation is referring to Roman Empire and especially Roman Emperor Titus, who was Emperor at the same time Book of Revelation was written by John.

Titus, before he became Emperor, was besieger of Jerusalem and the destroyer of Temple of Solomon. Therefore, Antichrist in Revelation is Emperor Titus.

Read more here:

virus-mind.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

why would atheists have reason to kill?

Killing makes no such distinctions for race, gender or religious belief moreover Atheists have no monopoly on civility or passivity.

For the most part, Atheism comes about due to the disgust in the carnage that is seen when two religions go at each other.

My Gods better then YOUR GOD,, My GODS BETTER then YOURS.
My Gods Better and you'll be deader when MY GOD beats up on yours.

That's usually how it gets started.

Most atheists become atheists because they cannot possibly see any way in which a 'loving' god could possibly exist, when they look around them and see religious people killing in the name of god, or simply believing that god is on their side while they do kill.

Well they would first have to believe in the possibility of God first before they can start rationalizing why he isn't a loving god. I can assure you that a loving god would feel just as bad about that as atheists but if we could blame God that way then why would God let atheists not believe in him? As for atheists, then should simply expect such behavior as part of the imperfectness that is evolution.

I've never known of atheists to band together and attack a religious group.

Well they not only speak publically espousing what can only be seen as political hate speech, they have proven to be just as overzealous just as intent on imposing an agenda on a people they are "going at it with " and are even MORE self righteous in many examples I have seen. They are quick to instigate and ready to argue at the drop of a hat. They say Religion is condescending when I see the same sanctimonious one upmanship in there ranks. Neither is right and BOTH have a stable datum they use to prove there case. Relgion has a Bible and Atheists have a book of evolution. Neither can be proven unequivoacally as the be all end all fact nor the Alpha and Omega. Both have an explanation for the fall of man. They call it Natural Selections inherant imperfection and The Religion calls it original sin. Both have a Messhia of sorts.

Jesus or Dawkins. Both these men Very Intelligent. Both confounded ther detractors whenever they were set up in attempts to expose them as fraud or not having all the answers. Both have and had a cult like following. Both speak of love and peace and both very mis-understood and seen as the enemy of the fundamentalists of there day.

In addition they both are the subjects of best selling books. and they both have tried without much success beyond there immediate followers, to explain what it is man just doesn't understand.

Christians were labled heretical also and many died over that. What concerns me most about Atheists is that they are no better at changing the world for a better place even IF they accomplish some of there pathetic priorites regarding Children of Christian child abuse etc. They not ONLY want to rid the planet of Christianity but the very cornerstone of FAITH itself. Many have already accused Faith as the reason Benazir Bhutto was killed. richarddawkins.net...

It isn't God that makes people kill and it isn't Atheism that makes them any less the killer. We are people, and we are horny greedy savages

Civility takes lots of practice and even more patience then the billions and billions of years evolution would take and the reason God is said to be long suffering.

Any Atheist can stand next to any Religious person, and the sun is gonna shine on BOTH of em.

- Con

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiritzan

virus-mind.blogspot.com...

Wrong you are transliterating a prophesy and not translating the meanings for a future emperor like titus in his day which could be the President of THIS day. Titus in no way could be the beast because that title is reserved for Satan who takes a physical form in a mortal man who is host known as the Antichrist. He then can use the immortal supernatural powers from a dimension of singularity infinte place to a finite place of merely natural powers on weaker mortal beings.

It is very similar to the way God had to find a way to introduce himself by creating a flesh mortal man that had a icecubes chance in hell to even identify what it was like for man to be tempted. He just had to "feel" why it was so hard for man to choose good choices over evil choices. We really have no idea to this day.

Satan will be actually able to touch us and we will be able to SEE him in this physical form but he will decieve us as the book tells

- Con

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

Just imagine what those people would think if Bhutto suddenly reappeared like some resurrection. Or this so-called anti-christ performed this so-called miracle. Doesn't it seem so scripted and easy the way she died? Somewhat like JFK.....so easy to arrange.
It's as if she was dying to be a martyr. These middle eastern areas seem to expect this anyway. Besides, she also claimed that Osama was dead. Maybe he had made several general tapes or the voice was never his in the first place. Anything is possible.....even a clone or a surgically altered person. Some Muslims claim the Jesus that died was a clone or twin etc.

Anything is possible with the right technology or illusions. Even the bible warns: "You shall know them by their works" Time will tell how so-called prophecy fulfills itself, even though some things occur naturally like clockwork anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by detonator

How to destroy the possibility of many humans using the evolved skill of logic and rational thought:

1. Make assertions relating to a deity existing without any conclusive evidence - judge those who question the lack of evidence in a negative light rather than acknowledging it as being a sign of intelligence.

2. Use the notion of "divinity" to hide from obvious absurdity.

3. Murder millions of innocent men, women, and children throughout the ages in the name of religion despite preaching of the need to be kind and compassionate to one another - claim these murders have little to do with religion.

4. Use fear as a means to garner support by claiming that the people who do not believe will be everlastingly punished or close to it.

5. Refuse to consider that a god is nothing more than an exalted father-figure with the desire for such a deity having sprung from infantile yearnings for a powerful, protective father, for justice and fairness and for life to go on forever. Do not consider that just like our physical bodies, our social consciousness evolves and religion belongs to the infancy of the human race and we do not require it anymore. Denounce those who suggest this is so.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValhallasValkyrie

Trust me, there is NO way you can claim that atheists have killed more than believers. Hate to burst your bubble, but I suggest you actually research what you are going to say before you say it. Anything less makes you look ignorant.

I can prove you wrong simply by asking you if the Muslim is any less an atheist as you are regarding Christian beliefs. Reprobates are of no consequence to the God of Abraham and it doesn't matter how many killed how many in the name of Religion. Hitler killed 6 million jews and got elected romancing the Religious elite so they wouldn't deny funding and vote. After he got elected his Nazi party was a Atheist Political party. Any one that says he was a Christian would have to explain to me why then would he KILL 6 Million of his Gods chosen, the tribe of israel the jews? All other relgions and all other belief are no God at all for Jesus Died for THOSE HE CAME TO SAVE. The Bible says Not everyone saying lord lord will be his and it is by there fruits you shall know them. C'mon guy everyone knows Religion Preys on people ( no pun) and is the reason Jesus had no respect for it either. In time the word Religion has been tax exemptions , Scientology which is pantheism and Muslim. Too me,, they are no more believe then you disbelieve and killing the reprobate is a soul God already lost in his realm. So anyone NOT a Genuinely saved Christian is with all due respect,, an atheist.

This will explain in with the higher regard for critical thinking and plausibility Atheists are known to have more respect for.

It isn't ID it is this author at stanford plato.stanford.edu...

It seems more expediant then to argue the fallacy dichotomy's the traditionally less intelligent flat earthers are known for.

That may help you see that most wars are of a political nature and the spoils of war go to the victor as does the history books and whose side GOD is on. I personally can't fathom how anyone with a Christian Conscience can do some of the things they say we do. I will not make sweeping generaizations however in an ad hom attempt to elevate ones status through that kind of distinction. It breeds hate and always has.

You display a vitriol that if I was a betting man,, I'd say you are a lot closer to being as much a killing machine as you say Christians were.

It isn't our fault that Athesim wasn't that popular. We wouldn't allow them in the military because they would get killed and die as an atheist.

Silly Christians hehe

-----------------------------------
fixed quote

[edit on 29/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by the titor experience
reply to post by detonator

How to destroy the possibility of many humans using the evolved skill of logic and rational thought:

1. Make assertions relating to a deity existing without any conclusive evidence - judge those who question the lack of evidence in a negative light rather than acknowledging it as being a sign of intelligence.

2. Use the notion of "divinity" to hide from obvious absurdity.

3. Murder millions of innocent men, women, and children throughout the ages in the name of religion despite preaching of the need to be kind and compassionate to one another - claim these murders have little to do with religion.

Huh?? did I say somthing that upset you ?

Oh lol I get it,, you are making fun of us huh.

tsk tsk tsk. yeah I guess that stuff you write is just one of evolutions many meaningless baseless mindless happy accidents

BAD DNA BAD BAD!!

I really would like to get along with you guys and sure wish it didn't always have to come to getting abusive but I get enough points off and I know when I am not wanted as much as when I am being put down for my beliefs. I sure would like to know what it is that makes you guys so much smarter and so much less likely to kill and all that stuff you say. I just can't and that's all ther is to it.

I like being Dumb if that is how obvious it has to get before you see how hopeless we are. Maybe we should all be shot or put in camps. Oh thats already been done.

Ironically we apparently did that too.

sigh

Take care guys.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
reply to post by Conspiriology

Just imagine what those people would think if Bhutto suddenly reappeared like some resurrection. Or this so-called anti-christ performed this so-called miracle. Doesn't it seem so scripted and easy the way she died? Somewhat like JFK.....so easy to arrange.
It's as if she was dying to be a martyr. These middle eastern areas seem to expect this anyway. Besides, she also claimed that Osama was dead. Maybe he had made several general tapes or the voice was never his in the first place. Anything is possible.....even a clone or a surgically altered person. Some Muslims claim the Jesus that died was a clone or twin etc.

Anything is possible with the right technology or illusions. Even the bible warns: "You shall know them by their works" Time will tell how so-called prophecy fulfills itself, even though some things occur naturally like clockwork anyway.

You know,, you guys might want to try speaking your mind and not sugarcoating things using analogies that could be no better explained then those we have in the bible. OHHH I get it that's your point right!

Wow you guys lol really have made me a believer.

Ooops that isn't blasphemous is it? I mean dis- believer.

I wish I could buy giving your heart to god is like selling your soul to the devil in that once God has you,, he don't like to let go.

Must be frustrating for some I suppose.

- Con

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by detonator
Isn't it interesting -- holy books are full of forgiveness, love and compassion and yet they killed millions, burned witches, tortured and stone(d) people. No power in them to convince followers otherwise? Think.

Now ya know why it's so into forgiveness. just be glad those books aren't full of instructions to burn torture and stone with extreme prejudice.

I wonder if that stuff wouldn't have happened if God told em to do it? Or they never read a book about love and forgiveness? I kinda think they did it because they felt superior to those they ridiculed.

You guys never do that, do ya?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValhallasValkyrie
Umm... how do you figure this? Can you give any proof to this statement?

No war has ever been fought in the name of atheism. No one has ever been hunted down and burned at the stake, pressed to death with rocks, stoned, drowned or hung by atheists.

No Crusades have ever been started in the name of atheism. No inquisitions ever begun in the name of atheism.

I cannot think of ONE instance of atheists killing mass amounts of people.

Let's look at the number of people who died during the Spanish Inquisition for heresy alone. That number is a whopping 44,647!! And that is just heresy alone! The total number is 150,000!! All done by believers!

In the bull of Innocent VIII (1484) 300,000 witches were brought to the stake. 300,000!!!

70,000 witches were hanged under the Act of James I.

And I haven't even touched on the Crusades or the number of people who died in the United States for witchcraft.

VV

You can't be serious? You just can't be. Non Objective bias is very blinding to both sides.

The French Revolution, The Reign of Terror: The first big example of massacres by Atheists, specifically Robespierre. Some real scary stuff. Christianity was outlawed. The days and months were changed. A new year system was instituted to get rid of the AD stuff. Thousands of Catholics guillotined.

Stalin and Mao. These are the greatest butchers in all of human history. Hitler has to settle for third and even his Secular National Socialism would lump him into the category of Secular Genocidal Maniacs. Don't forget Pol Pot.

Mao alone is believed to have killed up to 70 million people, that is almost One Third of all human beings alive on earth during the Crusades.

Both Secular and Religious Institutions have killed millions of people throughout history. The fact that the Atheists have killed more doesnt excuse anyone. What it does show is that no matter what, we, humanity will kill each other for any excuse. Heck there was a war in Latin America between two countries over a Soccer game this century, that resulted in the deaths of thousands. A freaking soccer game.

[edit on 30/12/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am the new Antichrist.

Believe in me! HAHAHA

No, the antichrist is not on the forum..

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hi:
This is my first time here. I found a site where they say the second coming of jesus is here, that he has arrived, and the site is his site. You can even e-mail him. Here's the thing of it, The Muslims or islam religion is awaiting for someone called Mohammod. This man's name is Mohammod. The neocons if you know whom they are practice this same religion as do the top religious church behind the scenes. Could this be whom they are preparing the way for? Could he be the Antichrist? Link Below. Really interesting site.

www.messiah007.org...#

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join