It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: KNIVES ARRESTS ON LONDON-BOUND PLANE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Spanish police forces have detained a chilean citizen travelling from Madrid to London on charges of knives posession, it is believed he had 2 or more knives on him and was reported by a fellow passenger. The flight plan of the plane would have taken it over most of central London.

The man whose name cannot be released for legal reasons was removed from an EasyJet flight, despite the arrests the flight went on as normal alibeit an hours delay.

According to police sources, the man was carrying two penknives, both around two-and-a-half inches wide.
They said he was making references to the end of the world only minutes before takeoff from Madrid's airport.

Takeoff was aborted by request of the captain and armed spanish police were on the plane within minutes,

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
They said he was making references to the end of the world only minutes before takeoff from Madrid's airport.

"oh hello, can I have the seat at the window? I need to know when to press the button for my secret bomb. Will be a hell over London, don't you think? Ah thanks for moving."

Not only maniac but also dumb as f()ck, let's hope it is a common attitude of those

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Is there a news link to this story, would like to read it?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Heres the report on the story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A couple of other incidents on planes aswell.

the.honoluluadvertiser.com...

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Appreciate the links TRD, thanks much.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Interesting..glad they caught him..another crazy off the streets, the world becomes 0.000000000001% safer. It's better than nothing
Good job Spanish police

-wD

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
He got on the plane with the knives! What happened to the airport security? What happened to metal detectors? Security guards?

He was only caught because a fellow passenger was alert....unbelievable.

Just goes to show....all the extra security means ****!!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Damn, a lot of terror related stuff lately, I see their Jihad is alive and well.

When will it all end?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitche
He got on the plane with the knives! What happened to the airport security? What happened to metal detectors? Security guards?

He was only caught because a fellow passenger was alert....unbelievable.

Just goes to show....all the extra security means ****!!

If you've ever been to Spain you'll know the security guards don't do # at all, even if you beep going through the detector.

top topics

join