It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Information On Disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I almost passed on this. It seemed sort of trivial at first glance. But, I was reading some people who think that the Mafia in America has ties to the CIA and such. That led me to another thought, about how competing companies spy on each other, and I wondered if the Mob knew many government secrets. I mean it's logical since both groups are crooks at heart.

Then I recalled this: The bookies in Scotland just lowered the odds on first contact from 1000 to 1 all the way down to 100 to 1 . Now that's drastic.

And we know that many gambling operations have underworld ties, so I was wondering if the same thing was happening here in America. The bad part is that I have no idea who to ask. I mean there's not a 1-800- MYCROOK that I could call. And since I don't gamble, I have no idea how to find out if the odds went down here in the US, or if there ever were such odds.

But somehow, maybe because it's their livelyhood, I would expect that bookies would have a better handle on what's in the works than a lot of people.

Just an odd idea. (Yes, I sometimes fish in strange waters.)

new topics

join