It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infrared Security Camera Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
As I was reviewing last night's security camera videos taken at my residence, I caught a strange mist (orb?) on the #2 camera that watches my daughter's house next door. I see bugs and what have you all the time and know how they appear on my infrared cameras. I don't know what it could be, so I have posted it here for your comments. This is a raw, unedited video. You'll see the mist about 17 seconds into the video.

Security Camera 4/30/07, 02:26 A.M.

[edit on 4/30/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
nice baloon - cool looking though like one of them hidden eye movies.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Balloon? This is no gag. I was sound asleep when the camera recorded whatever it did. I don't think it was a balloon, or I wouldn't have bothered posting it here.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It is odd.
Is it normal for the video to be that dark in infra red?
I would of thought you get more detail, and lightness of the main back ground image.

Do you run through all the footage?every day? which begs the question why.
Have you ever found anything else like this?

Interesting none the less.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wow! What a FANTASTIC video of an orb floating by!

Thanks for sharing!

I've always been very intrigued by orbs that move around when recorded in indoor environments.

Could you tell us the name of the infrared camera you have installed in your garage?

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Is it normal for the video to be that dark in infra red?
I would of thought you get more detail, and lightness of the main back ground image.

Do you run through all the footage?every day? which begs the question why.
Have you ever found anything else like this?

The camera is a 1/4” SHARP color CCD waterproof. I have 4 of them. It was a pitch black night, thus not much image. It is pointed at our daughter's house next door, and has very clear images in daylight. It defaults to black and white and I.R. at night, which only has a 20-30 ft. range in the dark. This camera is on motion detect mode, so I noticed it had tripped in the wee hours. I do not normally check them daily. Oddly, I do have another post here from last year where I had a strange orb on my backdoor camera.

I personally guarantee that this footage is 100% genuine, whatever it shows.

[edit on 5/1/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Cool video man hard to say exactly what it is....maybe someone was moving around off camera and flicked up some particles or a car drove by and the exhaust blew it onscreen?
Out of interest do you sit there watching the videos in fast forward or slow normal speed wich I imagine would be extremely boring.But how did you manage to see this 2 seconds of orb on fast forward?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Out of interest do you sit there watching the videos in fast forward or slow normal speed wich I imagine would be extremely boring.But how did you manage to see this 2 seconds of orb on fast forward?

In motion detector mode, it takes 30 second segments of video when tripped. Last night when I finally looked at my security control console, I noticed there was activity at 2:26 A.M. on cam 2, so I reviewed it and found what I found.

I will post a daytime view of what the cam normally sees after I get home from work in 5 or 6 hours.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is the view of my security cam #2 in the daylight. It merely watches the front door of our daughter's house next door. The pit bulls behind the fence watch the back door. You can see a small piece of my roof where the cam is mounted in the bottom right hand corner.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here's to video in WMV format for those having problems opening it.

IR Cam Video WMV

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
What is the range outside of the camera's view for the camera to turn on, that is, if there is a margin for this?

It does seem to be emitting (or reflecting) light in a uniform fashion. Dust tends to have crevices and is rarely a smooth sphere, which is why most pictures of dust orbs don't reflect light evenly.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Intriguing!! I know IR cameras do pick strange things up, but what that is I don't know.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by bluesquareapple

What is the range outside of the camera's view for the camera to turn on, that is, if there is a margin for this?

To the best of my knowledge, motion must be in the camera's view for it to activate as it did. It does also record the 15 seconds prior to the event that tripped the motion detection, however.

[edit on 5/2/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Something tells me someone or maybe some animal was moving around off screen and hit the motion sensor wich started the 15 seconds of video and then the dust that was moved by the person/animal reached where the cam was.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRobarto
Something tells me someone or maybe some animal was moving around off screen and hit the motion sensor wich started the 15 seconds of video and then the dust that was moved by the person/animal reached where the cam was.

That's as good a theory as any I suppose. I have no idea what it is

join