It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to make fake ghost pictures!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Nowadays with technology, ghost pictures are so easy to make, and it's depressing that people are actually fooled by this rubbish! So I wanted to show you how to make your own, so you know how simple it is for other people!

Alright, you need to download Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8. Why don't I use Photoshop? Because my brain is too simple to use that. My pictures always turn out all topsy-turvy and .. um yeah.

So, let's start off with a picture of an empty room. Just image search on Yahoo, Google, whatever and you should get one. Choose a dark, creepy looking one.

It's always good for your ghost pics to be small because then people won't analyze it as closely.

Now, for the ghost. I'll use a common cliche for fake ghost photos. The little girl!

So I went to a dress website and found the perfect picture. Then I shrunk it down to a proportion with the room.

Now the fun part. The empty room is called the "background" and the new picture will be copy and pasted on top of the background as "Raster 1" ("Paste as New Layer").

Now you should get the picture right on top of the other layer.

Use the eraser tool on Raster 1 to take out as much of the background as possible. Tip: Keep hardness at about 50% You don't want the "ghost" to look too sharp.

Once you're done with that, use the selection tool to move your cute little girl to an appropriate position. Now to make it look more ghosty!!

Add blur until you're satisfied. I also decreased the brightness on her as well to make it seem more like it's in the nighttime. Then double click Raster 1 and under Blend Mode select "soft light" and you should get a nice transluscent little girl.

Set it to greyscale ('cause night-time pics are normally black n' white), merge layers and save!!

You should have something like this!

Edit// Oh!! I forgot to add the convincing story behind the picture.

"My name is Gregory Thompson, Ph.D, professor of psychology. Upon my visit to a psychiatric hospital, there was an empty room in which was rumored to be haunted by a girl who had committed suicide on the premesis. All furniture and patients were moved from this room because these patients began to deteriorate in mental health even more. I decided to investigate, and I took my Nikon Coolpix L6 and snapped a couple pictures. I didn't notice anything on the camera until I uploaded them on the computer at the college where I teach. And mind you, there are no photo-editing programs installed. I couldn't believe my eyes. Was this the girl that was the root of the haunting? I've showed Ima Hokes, founder of the St. Hokes Psychiatric Hospital the picture and she's been left puzzled and amazed. Your thoughts?"

I'll try to update with new easy-to-do ghost pics later. Hope this was informative for you!

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Paresthesia]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Haha. I love it. This thread made me smile.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i thought about posting something like this, and then thought of how ironic it would be to then get a legit picture of something paranormal, thus blowing my own credibility. hope it doesnt happen to you

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ya.. its pretty easy and people need to Analyze the pics more....

but still...

what im waiting for is to see that pic. posted later on as OMG REAL GHOST PIC I GOT PROOF or something of the sort... haha

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Haha, I agree - faking ghost pictures is ridiculously easy these days. I pulled a prank on some people a couple years ago just using Photoshop Elements 2.0 (the old trial version of Photoshop).

There's an old man in the mirror and a baby by the light fixture.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yes this is exactly what we need, a how to in faking ghost pics. Really don’t you think that enough people know how to do this and are all ready doing this?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
does anyone know where I can get a free paint shop pro tutorial?
[email protected] please let me know

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
this is perfect, im downloading the software right now.. thank you very much, i think im gunna get someone tonight

top topics

join