It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bear Mountain 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Thought this was a pretty impressive pic if real?

Apperantly taken in 2004 at Big bear mountain by a German tourist, from a plane!

www.ufoevidence.org...

Did a search on here but nothing seemed to come up if anyone knows more about it, would be good to here.

Would encourage anyone who has the time, to search through the other 287 or so photos, Im making my way through at the mo and there are some pretty cool ones, ive never seen before, Cheers!

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Whiterabbit29]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
hmm, Looks pretty fake to me. (sorry for the one-liner, not much else to say really)

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It honestly didn't scream fake to me maybe Im just short on sleep, would be interested why you thought that!

Sorry to anyone else If I've messed the link up, it isn't workin for me I'll see If I can sort it.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It just doesn't look real for some reason. I am not a professional photo analyst, but it just doesn't seem to look right. If a silver/metallic object was hovering right there in the bright sun or whatever, then in my mind I just think it would appear differently than the "craft" in that picture.

The lighting and everything just looks weird. I guess it is possible that the photo is genuine, but I just get a gut feeling that it's CGI or something like that...

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Diplomat]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thats fair enough I'm no expert either which is why I posted it ,appreciate your input!

Finally fixed the link now after about 5 attempts lol sorry!

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
seems like it's fake but then again who to say it's not real but get your self a good photoshop programme or become very good at it and you can do or make anything look real these days.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm no expert but it looks like a possible fake. Why?
I've zoomed it 800% and drawn a line exactly parallel to the top and bottom edges of the pic.(the orange top line). You can see that the edge of the 'disc' is exactly parallel to the edges of the photo, not even one pixel goes above or below the straight parallel edge.

For comparison I draw an inclined line (say at 2-3 deg), and you can see how pixels form a stair case.

The point is that it is extremely unlikely that the camera was held EXACTLY parallel to the edge of the disc. It is not possible even with a tripod and you won't get a place to place your tripod in such area.

This is possible only if the ufo was drawn (causing straight parallel lines) or was rendered and blended with the photo. The thing is, when you create something in 3d, it remains exactly at 0 or 90 deg, unless you rotate it. The artist simply forgot to change the default orientation of the model.

He took only a single pic of this marvel is another negative.

Nice pic though

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

My attempt at blending a 3d object (done with simple spheres in 3ds max ) with real photo, in photoshop.

I don't claim that its debunked or anything, just pointing out a possibility. There is not enough evidence.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
/\ lol your "fake" looks more authentic than the original "real" pic.

I guess most people still don't understand the capabilities of programs like photoshop...

And great job to the guy above who pointed out that the "ufo" is perfectly parallel with the photo. I think that pretty much closes this case...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
And great job to the guy above

Well, that was me again LOL.

Originally posted by Diplomat
/\ lol your "fake" looks more authentic than the original "real" pic.

Thats because I took care and did not repeat the mistakes of original "photographer". What I did is :
1-Rendered a perspective view of an object, seen slightly from below. He rendered it straight on (ortho view), which makes the edge perfectly parallel, not curved or slanted.
2-Made the ufo even smaller and fainter, so that you ufo debunkers get even less pixels to decide on. Tricks the brain nicely.
3-Rescaled the pic a couple of times and resaved it, which means...true jaggies, no artificial smoothness. Zoom it to see the magic.
4-Made it a bit more complex shaped with many parts and all to avoid a flat looking thing.

Bottom line : Never trust a pic....it proves nothing.(and debunking a pic will also prove nothing !)

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
lol sorry, I didn't notice both posts were by you... thought they were by different people for some reason...

new topics

top topics

join