It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to note when i was in Iraq.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well when i was going about doing my work in iraq we would get sent to many locations sometimes even ahead of the frontline.

We would be lifted into certain area's by a chinook with the S.A.S looking for N.B.C. (Nuke, Bio, Chem)

Now this is where it gets really interesting we never found much but what we did find was all french.

All the detection and protection equipment for there entire army was all french. Now when i was doing my job i did not think twice about it. As i had other things to consider like my life.

However when i had time to reflect i really did think hard about it.

I thought about why the french did not offer any form of support to the U.K and U.S.A and things really became clear in my own mind.

The light bulb came on and i realised why the french kicked up such a fuss about the U.K and U.S.A going over there it was because they had huge trade deals with iraq.

Not just for the items i have described but more for the OIL !!

I found it odd that france took the back seat from the very start when they should have stuck with the U.K and U.S.A like a solid rock for our efforts in world war 2.

Well thats all Discuss if you have anything to add or know more than me.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was also over in Iraq and I had a story that relates to that. From what I heard through the grapevine, there were WMD's found, but if it came out that there were actually ones found, then they would have to divulge where they came from, if Iraq didnt produce them themselves. Wel their source was supposedly not where you would expect, and it would have cause quite an international mess if it got out.....i dunno how true it is, but that was the rumor going around.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The french also had deals that went against the UN approved economic programs(i.e. Oil for Food). That is one of the reasons why we tried to get them to come along but weren't really pushy when they didn't.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
First of all thank you, all of you, that serve and have served in the military. Secondly, It is true that France had strong investment and potential investment in Iraq. If I were France, I would have been wanting to settle things in a peaceful manner before the bombs were dropped, especially with all the potential waiting. Once the war starts I would hope that it is resolved quickly and that past relations might survive. Problem is, when you make your deals with Saddam, and he is eliminated from the political future of Iraq, all of your deals are dust in the wind. So France will just have to deal with it and move on to the next country. Hmm any interest in Iran?? Regardless in the end, who are we as Americans to point any fingers. We have supplied the world with weapons at some point in time. Sometimes for both sides in the same fight.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Some interesting posts guy's lets keep this conversation going.

I feel it is pretty important for more user's to realise and understand the sort of thing's that go on behind closed door's.

I mean lets face it how many user's or more to the point human beings in the world actually know what i am talking about ?

Very few !

More so that they can realise what a money driven world we live in i feel it the most for the fact i put my life on the line for such things.

And i would atleast like to hear most user's ideas about such situations.

P.S also when i was in kuwait for some time about 4 months infact in the year 2002 there were british and american bombing run's daily on iraq.

Planes would fly out heavy on full thrust with bombs and return empty likewise with the American un-manned predator vehicle's.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 1-5-2007 by h3akalee]

sip

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee

P.S also when i was in kuwait for some time about 4 months infact in the year 2002 there were british and american bombing run's daily on iraq.

Planes would fly out heavy on full thrust with bombs and return empty likewise with the American un-manned predator vehicle's.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 1-5-2007 by h3akalee]

US,British and French have been bombing Iraq since after the first Gulf War through the nineties. Usually in retaliation to Iraqi fighters in the No Fly Zone but majority were targeted at Iraqs air missle defence systems.

Interesting post btw, how long were you in Iraq for? Are you still in the military?

sip

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Im out now and very glad about that. I was in iraq for 5 months from the start of op telic until the end then some time into op telic 2.

As for the bombing runs i know that some do know about them however if you ask your average person if he/she knew about such actions he/she would have no idea.

As for the french taking part in such bombing run's i can say there were none that i was aware of during the time i was present.

And i was on the only military airfield kuwait has around 40km south or iraq.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
AIPAC's primary mission is to work with America's leaders to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship.
What's AIPAC's real primary mission?:
It's to work with America's corrupt leaders to stop the Palestnian's from reclaiming the land that was stolen from them from the Israel, the Terrorist country that stole their lands killed their people and are slowly expanding their country until they take all the arab lands, and the "counter terrorists" who want to stop Israel.

This is modern day view of how ruling the wealth of the world can buy you enough firepower to build your own country by carving one out of muslim lands.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1
AIPAC's primary mission is to work with America's leaders to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship.
It's to work with America's corrupt leaders to stop the Palestnian's from reclaiming the land that was stolen from them from the Israel, the Terrorist country that stole their lands killed their people and are slowly expanding their country until they take all the arab lands, and the "counter terrorists" who want to stop Israel.

This is modern day view of how ruling the wealth of the world can buy you enough firepower to build your own country by carving one out of muslim lands.

Your post has zero relevance to anything i have said please take your own ideas to another place thank you sir.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1

You fail to mention that Israel was "stolen" from the jews thousand of years ago by conquest. If you go back far enough, there are several claims on this land. Really though, all claims are moot since Israel is legally entitled to the land by UN mandate.

"Slowly expanding their country until they take all arab lands"?? Maybe you missed Israel giving back land in an attempt to make peace. Maybe you also missed the palestinians moving forward to the new line and continuing bombardment. Maybe you're just anti-Jew and don't really care what the facts are?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

We would be lifted into certain area's by a chinook

Why were you forwarded in a chinook ?
Ya'll took a whole battalion, with all the vehicles needed slung
underneath ?

To "ahead of the front line" which equals behind enemy lines.

To me, this reeks of either disinfo, or a glory hound.

Please, clarify what you are stating so those of familiar with actual
military ops can maybe understand what you are trying to say.

Thanks,
Lex

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I am not here to prove my credability to you i am simply stating fact's as i encountered them.

To say im spreading disinfo is fair enough as you have not experianced the same things as myself.

A glory hound no i am not.

The reason for the chinook and the special forces protection was simple we were getting ahead of the battle. We were doing this so we could catch the Iraqis of guard so the chance of them hiding or destroying any N.B.C was lower.

We knew all there locations for supposed N.B.C we also knew all there locations for supposed launching sites.

Underneath football stadium's ect im shure if any Ghurkas read this they will Know about one incident when there was a S.C.U.D off gassing chlorine gas. The ghurkas that were there with us at the time decided it would be a good place to take a break lol.

Ok so maybe that is not enough no problem as you may or may not know the American marine's went over the border before anyone else. I was attached with 7RTC American marine's for the initial border crossing. Only 1 of a handfull of british soldier's that were. We had our vehicles sprayed with the emblem of 7RTC this was a Palm tree with the number 7 in the middle of it.

I can confirm i was attached with 7RTC at this point by saying this. At the university in basrah we moved our wolf landrover's to within 10 metre's of the Para's Mortor section they would have seen the 7RTC emblem on our WOLF's and also the American's that were with us. If there are any paras here who saw our vehicles on this website i am pretty shure when they saw our vehicles with the emblem and also with the American's they would have realised it was very out of the ordinary.

We were only at this location for a short amount of time then we went north of basrah yes ahead of the Battalion and 7RTC to a place called Medina. The irish guard's soon arrived at medina around 15 minutes later.

If you want some more information let me know it was a while back but im pretty shure i can recall most details.

Maybe even if you know something about N.B.C in iraq tell me a little and if i am aware of the topic maybe i can give you the answer then you will know i am genuine.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 4-5-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Maybe they were from Quebec and thats why Canada did not join the war in Iraq...
I don' think that the French artifacts was their decision not to go to war....could be the entire thing was based on Lies???
just maybe>

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
Maybe they were from Quebec and thats why Canada did not join the war in Iraq...
I don' think that the French artifacts was their decision not to go to war....could be the entire thing was based on Lies???
just maybe>

Hi your post makes little sense maybe you made this in the wrong place jungle and was supposed to make it in the hutchinson thread lol.

If not tho please explain a little more for me

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
did you even read the inital post???
he said he found French artifacts in Iraq...he said thats maybe why they did not go to war.
I made a joke about Canada and Quebec (their french) and going to war...
get it now?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
French artifact's ? I am afraid this thread has nothing to do with artifacts recovered by an archaeological endeavor.

At what point were artifact's mentioned in this post and also what part was Canada mentioned (joke) ?

I am lost with your post's on this thread please explain a little more.

Infact please dont explain a little more just stay on topic thank you.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Now this is where it gets really interesting we never found much but what we did find was all french.

All the detection and protection equipment for there entire army was all french. Now when i was doing my job i did not think twice about it. As i had other things to consider like my life.

artifacts is a word that may describe something other then antiquity.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well thank you for clearing that up for me.

I was thinking maybe the reason for them not going to war was also not down to the fact that they supplied them with the said equipment.

However i beleive it plays a part.

More to do with the many other trade deals they had with iraq.

This thread however is more to do with the equipment and item's i found and how i found them.

Then this leads you further to other reason's why they did not participate.

As i said in the above few sentences.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

This thread however is more to do with the equipment and item's i found and how i found them.

Then this leads you further to other reason's why they did not participate.

As i said in the above few sentences.

hi there h3akalee

first off , well done and thanks for your participation in our UK armed forces,

could you please claify what you ment by the above statement ? ie can you elaborate on your findings out there please ??

thanks

snoopyuk
U.K

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
For shure mate i was talking about the french N.B.C equipment i found out there.

The iraqis were using all french detection, protection and also early warning equipment like cyclonic sampler's that collect an air sample and suspend it in liquid. For further testing thru P.C.R polymarase chain reaction.

How do i know this is French and not Canadian equipment ? Well because i am trained on a lot of equipment and during this training i was made aware of equipment that other country's use i.e France, U.S and a few others.

It then dawned on me a short while after this time why the french played no part in the conflict.

This also made even more sense some time after when i was safe and sound at home. Things started to come to light that the french were heavily involved with the oil for food program among other things.

Hope that cleared it up a little for you mate if not just ask away.

Regard's
Lee

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join