It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Canadian Officials Know About The Air India Bombing In Advance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
www.citynews.ca...

Very interesting article. Wouldn't doubt it if our gov. had prior knowledge.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
No I don't think so. Seems to me the Canadian Gov is incapable of knowing much of any type conspiracy's in advance to be honest.
Look at the Cdn Military doing their best to fulfil NATO commitments in such places as Afghanistan, too little spread leading to-to few. Gosh though, their-there doing the best they can -- Kudos to all Forces doing their part there big and small.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Personally, I don't know what the heck we're doing in Afghanistan to begin with, but say what you want about the last Canadian government...they were smart enough to keep our butts out of Iraq!!

Air India is plain enough...a turf war between CSIS and the RCMP with monstrous consequences. Heads should roll!

[edit on 30-4-2007 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
well its a day of news where incompetence is the story if not conspiracy
the 7/7 bombings in london and this out of canada
sad to see that internal politics may be the only cause for lose of life
ego wins again
and quite possible that the surpression of the knowledge could only be hide for so long in both cases
they had the knowledge yet did not act just like
from CIA Director Tenant and Rice and 9/11
infowars

a day of total incomptance from Canada to USA, to Great Britian

[edit on 30-4-2007 by junglelord]

mod edit to format link

[edit on 1-5-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
JohnnyCanuck wrote: "Personally, I don't know what the heck we're doing in Afghanistan to begin with, but say what you want about the last Canadian government...they were smart enough to keep our butts out of Iraq!! ".

Chretien made a smart decision on Iraq -- no doubt. He wanted UN resolution on it before committing Cdn Troops to Iraq. That's his legacy I feel...other than his election promise "read the book" re removal of GST if he was elected as PM - Cda.
Afghanistan, well that's a different matter. The United States of America were attacked and NATO Members had a rightful responsibility to respond to another NATO partners need.

Dallas

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I wish 9/11 was given the same dignity that the Air-India bombing was. You didn't see Canada conduct a full scale military operation against Punjab, now did you? Had we seen the same sort of attack on an American commercial jet, by, just say, Iranian extremists not associated with the government, you could take a guess at what the American response would have been in full haste.

Luxifero

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Well an operation against Punjab was quite out of the question as it was/is soveriegn Indian territory.
Infact the Air India bombers were part of a separatist movement that sought independance of Punjab from the Indian Republic.

This is absolutely preposterous news; I wonder why this was quite visibly 'stuffed' by the RCMP??!!

I also wonder what action India will take regarding this..

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
No I don't think so. Seems to me the Canadian Gov is incapable of knowing much of any type conspiracy's in advance to be honest.
Look at the Cdn Military doing their best to fulfil NATO commitments in such places as Afghanistan, too little spread leading to-to few. Gosh though, their-there doing the best they can -- Kudos to all Forces doing their part there big and small.

Dallas

Canada isn't about war, Its about peace and human rights, Canadian troops do the dirty work no one else even takes a second look at. You can say what you want about that country but just look back at the Rwandan genocide. Americans and Europeans were still debating weather or not a course of action should be taken, while the handful of Canadian troops we're risking their lives in a lose lose situation.

America, Russia, Britain and China might have the numbers and technology needed for great wars. But Canadians posses common sense.

And the Air India bombings couldn't of been prevented, even if they followed up on possible leads. From my understanding that plot was so wide spread it would of been impossible to keep track of everyone involved. But kudos to them for actually CATCHING their offenders and bringing some sort of justice to the victims.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Praafit]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Actually I doubt anyone has been brought to justice..
As far as I remember the key accused were acquitted a coulpe of years back..

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Actually I doubt anyone has been brought to justice..
As far as I remember the key accused were acquitted a couple of years back..

Holly # your right. I was not aware of this.

That's some over the top bullSh!t.

Governments are weak, and over turned with greed all around the world. Money puts you above the law, and with the right connections can make you a hero.

One of my friends who lives in Surrey (B.C.) just told me that the guy acquitted of these charges is a well respected individual in his community, and use to run a couple of local churches.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The present Air India inquiry continues to churn out details proving that agencies of the government had everthing but a hand-written invitation to attend the bombing. It was a poorly kept secret both here and on the Indian subcontinent that something was going to happen. See the cbc backgrounder at: www.cbc.ca...

Now James Bartleman tells us that he handed the RCMP some specific intel the week before...and they dropped the ball! What I wonder is how Bartleman...apparently a man of honour and the Ontario Lieutenant-governor, could sit on this story for so long? See this external link: www.thestar.com...

Anybody know off hand which government was in power here at the time? I'd like to see accountability for Canada's 911 (insofar as it's our international terrorist event) as high as it can...

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
well it was either Brian Mulroney (he has a foul mouth, I heard taped conversations he had with a reporter and man, he says the F word all the time...very poor taste for a man who runs the country)
or John Chretian, but would not also the head of the RCMP and CISIS be important too>
Either way there was ovbiously too much foreknowledge and its been surpressed until now...
secrets and truth, polticial spin, huge errors in judgement or incompetent police and information gathering capibility with internal politics...
Canada is not immune

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I checked it out...all of this came down on Brian Mulroney's watch. Some how I'm not very surprised to learn that...

Former Justice John Major, who heads the inquiry, has already shut it down once as a result of the lack of cooperation from the RCMP.

join