It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: New Proof That UFO Crash at Roswell Actually Happened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
From The Dallas Observer
It was a snow-covered December in 1995 when President Bill Clinton, visiting Northern Ireland in support of the country's new and fragile peace process, spoke to a large gathering that had arrived for a Christmas tree lighting ceremony. The president opted to dismiss politics and keep the mood of his speech light. At one point, he drew laughter as he referred to a letter he'd recently received from a 13-year-old boy in Belfast.

"Ryan," the president said, "in case you're out there, here is your answer: No. As far as I know, no spaceship crashed at Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947. And if the Air Force recovered any extraterrestrial bodies, they did not tell me."

Such is the widespread and ongoing fascination attached to a legendary event that many believe actually took place on the late J.B. Foster's sheep ranch more than a half-century ago. What has transpired since that Independence Day weekend when a "flying saucer" was allegedly recovered by military personnel from Roswell Army Air Field has fueled a debate that continues 56 years later. Is it possible that such an unearthly event really occurred? The question has spawned an industry of books--well more than 100 at last count--and documentary films, inspired popular television shows and sci-fi movies, a prospering museum business in Roswell and insistence by many researchers that an ongoing government cover-up of the historic discovery puts Watergate to shame.

Perhaps Clinton should have visited with Midland's Anne Robbins before giving his answer. The widow of a career military man stationed in Roswell at the time, she might have changed his mind. She would probably have shared the description of the saucer that her husband, Technical Sergeant Ernest Robert Robbins, told her he helped recover long ago and the three small "men"--one dead, one near death and another very much alive--found outside the spaceship.

The official version of the Roswell incident thus became that a military weather balloon launched to detect wind velocity and direction at high altitudes had come crashing down on Foster Ranch. End of story.

However,

Anne Robbins, who until now has never spoken publicly on the matter, says what her late husband saw 56 years ago was hardly a downed weather balloon. Seated in a meeting room at the newly opened Odessa Meteor Crater Museum, the 84-year-old Robbins clearly recalls a July night when her husband received a call to report to the base. She would not see or hear from him for 18 hours. And when she did, he told her bits and pieces of a bizarre story that has puzzled her for a lifetime.

Rest here:

www.dallasobserver.com...

Sorry not much evidence here, just more hearsay and eye-witness accounts. It is an interesting story though, another spooky one, but it is just that...a story. No evidence ever turns up.
I'm a firm believer that it was infact an experiment by the government to test the mass hysteria they could cause through the media, and keep everyone paranoid and afraid. That's how they keep the wheels turning in their business, keeping us afraid.

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So...like...where is the proof part?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
John:

This IS a story about an old lady whose Husband CLAIMS he salvaged a spaceship and three Aliens. This is NOT proof that Roswell happened.

Which makes you wonder why all these people kept these stories up as truth right up until their dying days?

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
[Edited on 2-1-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hmm... I don't remember removing it... might have though.
My research in the 80's caused me to believe something did happen in Roswell... however, I'm firmly convinced it was a tightly scripted and planned event to cause the Soviets to believe we had advanced alien technology. Don't forget that this happened as the cold was was winding into a fever pitch.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have heard your theory before and it makes sense to me BUT I would've thought they would have presented ALOT more credible bits and pieces to make the story "play".

You have to admit there wasn't much for the Soviets to garner any kind of ideas about much less super technology fears.

Then when they decried it as a weather baloon the story really gets clumsy. Assuming the intent was to scare the Soviets with some "preceived" great leap in technology I beleive they would have done ALOT better job in the "show and don't tell" arena.

They could've manufactured some grand illusion similar to the ones employed in WWII with the inflatable tanks and aircraft.

This whole deal lasted about a day before they shut it down as a weather baloon. They were off to good start with the newspaper reports of saucers and the hub bub it created in and around Roswell. But the bubble was burst before it really took off, IMHO.

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thanks John Nada for the dallasobserver.com link

it gave me a address to the author of this roswell story
(and i did not use antwhere near the 500 word limit)

enjoy your 2004

top topics

join