It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Fort Knox really for

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I just watched a program on the History Channel which was all about the US Bullion Repository at Fort Knox, Kentucky.

It was a very interesting program, but left me asking myself some questions.

What is the US doing housing an unspecified amount of gold bullion, that no one can ultimately verify is there? There have been visitors allowed inside once since it has been opened. Since the 70's there has been no one allowed inside.

Why does the US need such a wealth of gold anyways? Is this for when we ultimately dig ourselves into the hole we are headed in concerning our foreign debts?

Is anything even housed there anymore? It seems that with all of the corruption within our governement, that the gold could be all gone, or maybe we have got more gold than what was originally thought of, attained through nafarious purposes (Iraq?).

What else could be hiding in the depository? It has been said that treasures from all over the world have been kept here for safety reasons? Does it seem logical that the US would house super secret documents or artifcats here as well?

Any insight that anyone has into these questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm at work can't grab the links right now... but there are some good threads here about FT Knox, containing facts and lots of speculation.

Try the search at the top of the page, when I get home, I'll try to find some links for you.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thanks elevatedone. Seems as though there are some good arguments out there already.

If you have any other info, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Wahn

What else could be hiding in the depository? It has been said that treasures from all over the world have been kept here for safety reasons? Does it seem logical that the US would house super secret documents or artifcats here as well?

Thanks.

No, it doesn't seem logical to put treasures,artifacts,super secret documents there, i would put it deep down in a mountain. No idea what is in Fort Knox now though, probably non of us know
Tobad i missed the program.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
They supposedly store billions in gold bars there. I think there is something else, the US government doesnt have any good reason to be securing just plain gold bars.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, storing gold would be smart in regards to it being a key factor in modern day computer chips.

Mind you, it seems dumb to store treasures (including gold) in a place that everybody knows about. It seems more like a diversion.

Maybe they are storing a massive supply of Wrigleys Gum for when the world ends. Imagine, a post-apocalyptic world where gum-o-holics can't get their chewing-fix.....

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i know that there is a smaller version of fort knox, in manhattan where some of the gold in kentuky was moved to. I bet fort knox is the best place to pretend to hide something so no bad guys can ever find it. i do know fort knox is surrounded by a huge military base, and it is still surrounded by razor wire, and armed guards. there are so many places in this country to hide all the important artifacts and documents. i bet there are lots of underground hide outs in remote areas of the desert and mountians. i wonder if there is an underground network for the president to travel dierectly from the whitehouse to an undisclosed location just in case something happens.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You store gold for the same reason you stockpile oil etc. Its no doubt an emergency reserve. However, can we verify that the gold is still there? It seems much more liekly that at the height of the cold war where Knox was a target (not just for the gold) it would be disbursed and stored underground.

If we could get in do you think Oddjob and hit hat are still there?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

i know that there is a smaller version of fort knox, in manhattan where some of the gold in kentuky was moved to.

The gold in manhattan is not ours its other countries they keep it on our soil because were less likely to be attacked.

I trained at Fort Knox for 15 weeks never seen any gold but it would be an ideal place to put it with all the soldiers and marines there so the gold could be guarded and it also has tones of tanks and bradley's basically if your going to be a member of the armored division in the army your going to be there for AIT and more than likely basic too if your a marine you will probably be there after boot camp.

The vaults at Fort Knox also house a back up supply of medicines for eradicated diseases incase of a freak chance of an out break.

gold) it would be disbursed and stored underground.

The vaults are two stories half underground and half on the first floor. The vaults are also thick really thick.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by 19 Kilo]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
During my first enlistment, Ft Knox was the 'Home of the Cavalry', and trained scouts & tankers. Now it is transitioning to become a Stryker training base.

It also has the most expensive and complex urban MOUT facility in the US Army. Known as Mout Zussman, its the only place where armored vehicles wheeled and tracked can train in that fashion.

Ive been past the vault many times on our way to land nav, there is no armor surounding it, but a nice fence does.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
at one time, Ft Knox housed America's gold supply. And for the person who asked why, well we had something called the Gold Standard to back our nation's currency.

This was before the rockefellers and rothschilds stole the power to print money from us.

Congressman Ron Paul and other high-ranking officials believe the gold is now all gone. In exchange for worthless pieces of paper issued from the Federal Reserve, we handed over our nation's gold supply to the owners of the Fed. It was collatoral basically.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
at one time, Ft Knox housed America's gold supply. And for the person who asked why, well we had something called the Gold Standard to back our nation's currency.

so true

it's also a hunch i have that there's some gold bars there,
just enough to look impressive but nowhere near enough
to justify the USD being the world's 'Reserve Currency'

so the 'secret' to my thinking is that Fort Knox
is now just a 'Shrine' , an 'Image' of a bygone era
and That is the purpose & reason for a Fort Knox

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
give the gold and oil back..too the earth.

THe minerals we remove to wear and trade are actually keeping our earth and us, in tune and alive. And now with our artificial food and drink diets, we dont receive any of those nutrients we need, why we have high medical bills. The system they have led us into is suicide. Greed is suicide, they dont want you to know, because they want to rule in hell, rather than serve in heaven. Who cares about money and gold and crap. Live, eat, drink, farm, work, be happy. that is all

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I was just reviewing a thread on the Egyptian Pyramids, and after some searches, ended up way over here. (You can see how that topic might lead to this one.) I really like this thread. Here is another similar ATS thread on Fort Knox.

I have some late comments:

#1. Nobody visits Fort Knox, as stated above, not even the President. The obvious reason is that it is a decoy, and all the valuable stuff has been moved elsewhere. (Suggested by ChilledVoodoo, above. Of course that must be correct!)

#2. All the gold reserves have been spent. Otherwise, there would be a lot more pictures and descriptions of our gold reserves. The treasury is empty of gold. (Suggested by Admriker and others above. Why would we not show off our assets? Because we don't have any!)

#3. We should absolutely demand an accounting. Do these assets belong to the citizens of the USA? Or does this belong to the elite? It is a rhetorical question. Obviously these assets belong to the elite. This is one of many abuses of our government, albeit a relatively minor mistreatment, but blatant!

Given the possible government disinformation and lack of assurances, why shouldn’t we assume the worst.? MOST LIKELY, all of our physical monetary assets have been passed out as bribes to foreign governments, or have been transferred, one gold bar at a time, to private individuals in order to buy luxuries and indulgences.

Behind every great fortune, there is a crime. Perhaps each president has looted a stash of “lucky gold bars” that they can send to their special friends and business associates.

How do we know that isn’t true? It would be simple to do a public accounting, and lay my speculation to rest.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

Those "plain gold bars" are our backup for our paper money. If we somehow lose that, then the whole nation is screwed. Of course it's gonna be highly secured. But still, it shouldn't be so secret as to not let anyone check to see how much gold is honestly in there.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444

This was before the rockefellers and rothschilds stole the power to print money from us.

Congressman Ron Paul and other high-ranking officials believe the gold is now all gone. In exchange for worthless pieces of paper issued from the Federal Reserve, we handed over our nation's gold supply to the owners of the Fed. It was collatoral basically.

I asked one of my senators about this last week. I asked him what he thought of the idea of doing away with the federal reserve. His answer was startling. He said it never should have existed but we can't do away with it because we'll be bankrupt.
Huh? "What do you mean we'll be bankrupt?" I asked him. He said we don't have the gold to back the money. He said we do not have it!!!! He admitted it! So, basically, we're hostages to the federal reserve. I said to him, "But isn't the dollar going to fail eventually anyway under the current system?" And his answer was that it could happen, but we must be optimistic!!!!
Ooooookay, I feel better now.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tall_girl

There isn't enough gold mined in all of human history to back the money-- approximately $250 B if I recall correctly. So to that I agree, you can't back the money with gold. Money is an illusion anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Knox is a biological weapons installation and a very large weapons cache for troops.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
this answer is one that has eluded even the most persistent of investigators since the gold was removed ages ago. Fort Knox still is and always will be the repository for our nations wealth. Wealth of course is attributable to a given valuable with a price determined by the free market. These assets however must be secured since they serve as the backbone of the economy insuring Americas stranglehold on the worlds economy. Naysayers would tell you that the market is not determined based upon the value of gold and that the dollar is not backed up by gold. This is a tough argument because their both right on one hadnt the dollar is not backed up gold but on the other hand it is backed up by commodities that reinforce our strategic position in the global economy. Ergot what resides dormant within Fort Knox unknown to most are utterly Thousands of toilet seats our nations most valuable asset. Clearly if they cost over 8000$ each their weight to dollar ratio grossly exaggerates that of any trifle of gold. You may think I am in jest though I can assure you gold is but a pittance compared to our enumerable wealth in toilet seats.

[edit on 15-8-2008 by tigpoppa]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tall_girl

which senator?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join