It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luxury staterooms at 35,000 ft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So it looks like if you want to ball with the big timers on vacation, you can fork out roughly $4,500 to get a 26 sq ft room with a 7foot bed, all to yourself.

I dont know about you, but while $4,500 is not cheap, it would be so awesome to not have the fat guy sitting in the middle seat jumping over you every 15 minutes to use the restroom, or have the boisterous seat neighbor using your arm rest as well as his for the duration of the 7 hour flight.

Maybe if we are lucky this kind of thing will become available to us plebes within the next decade or so. Until then, get your hand sanitizer and headphones ready for your next flight.

Luxury staterooms at 35,000 feet

Jet Airways has decided to turn its flights from London to Delhi into an airborne Orient Express, giving well-heeled travelers their own private luxury stateroom for the nine-hour flight.

The best news is, it's $2393 cheaper than a first-class ticket on British Airways. Still, it'll cost you $4510 for the privilege of hanging out in this 26-square-foot bedroom with sliding doors, but then you get to stretch out on a 7-foot bed, the longest commercial airline bed in the world.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I love seeing new places, but I hate air travel. If I could afford to do this I would in a hot second. One memorable flight I had, there was some Spanish guy with a horrible cold or flu sitting next to me. All he did was cough and sneeze on me the whole flight. Well, that and he'd use my reading lamp instead of turning on his own, and his unsightly shadow kept interfering with my reading.

Needless to say I was seriously sick within two days of landing.

If I was a rich person and had this option, I would take it in a flash.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
These look fabulous!

I have been lucky enough to have the opportunity to fly first class several times before, and it's a totally wonderful experience when compared to the cattle-car conditions in the rear. Plus the people in First Class tend to be far more interesting sparking interesting conversation while we all dine on fine foods and drink top shelf liquors, champagne, and wines.

This looks even better!

join