It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Remarkable Claim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
In your opinion, what is the most remarkable or significant claim originally made by John Lear that has been shown to be true?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
His credentials,

# of hours flying, all the FCC Certificates he's received, the missions that he has flown etc.

Oh, you probably wanted something else, well then,

That NASA airbrushes pictures of the moon.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
lear got me hooked with the nasa photos

then i actually learned who he was soon after

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Its strange that an influx of newbies here go right after John. Hmm. Very interesting. But to answer the question John has provide much verifiable data and most whom are of a somewhat open mind can see much of what he has brought too light.
Im not looking to be a follower by any means however Im not gonna stick my head in the sand when new views and ideas are presented either.
And yeah John has a Faa and Gov pilot record that is quite long and quite impressive and easily puts him very high on the advanced knowledge ladder in my book. Hell we have a clown with zero credibility for president yet many believe every utterance he speaks.
Go figure.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
mind yourself VType registration date has little to do with anything i dont appreciate being called a newbie nor am i 'going after john'

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well I am a newbie and have a deep respect for Mr. Lear. He puts himself out there for all to criticize. He is a thought provoker, dares you to find your own answers.

We all must seek the truth. Broaden your knowledge and never turn a blind eye to it, share it.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
mind yourself VType registration date has little to do with anything i dont appreciate being called a newbie nor am i 'going after john'

Sorry biotic as my newbie remark was for our original poster and not you or the later poster Rhain and I am not drawing a distinction otherwise. I do have a problem with new members as well as old who only slag and try to debunk others ideas though. And those who believe they must educate us all to their degree or motives are very questionable imo.
Once again the Newbie remark does not apply too all newbies and sorry if it was interpited that way.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by VType]

[edit on 30-4-2007 by VType]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

You mind show the picture(s) that prove they are edited? There are so many threads with pictures here and never seen one that clearly showed an airbrushed original photograph.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific

Originally posted by elevatedone

You mind show the picture(s) that prove they are edited? There are so many threads with pictures here and never seen one that clearly showed an airbrushed original photograph.

If they were "clearly" airbrushed then they didnt do a good job, did they? One would almost assume that airbrushing a picture is done to cover something up, and (s)he who airbrushes it might benefit from not making it too obvious, right?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I could link all the moon pictures here, but it wouldn't "Prove" that they were airbrushed.

Before JL came here and made the statement about the pics being touched up, I never thought about it. Since then, I've got to admit that some of them look as though they've been altered.

I do not claim to know for sure that they're airbrushed. I have no proof.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtmaraca
In your opinion, what is the most remarkable or significant claim originally made by John Lear

So far as I'm aware, none of Mr. Lears more 'out there' claims are original to him, i.e., he simply reports them/they're not his theories. Should he see this thread, perhaps he can set me straight.

But, along the lines of what claims I find most remarkable, that I've learned about via Mr. Lear:

1)There are no gas-giant planets. They (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune) are instead terrestrial (rocky) planets with thriving civilizations on them.

2)Our moon (Luna) has a breathable atmosphere and, also, a thriving civilization and mining operation.

3)Venus has its own civilization (I believe Mr. Lear reports/believes that all the planets (and some moons) have one) and that its 'cloud cover' is artificial (In order to conceal the civilization there from our scientists, astronomers, etc.)

I don't know if I've found any theory (no matter how 'out there' it may be) that Mr. Lear doesn't like. However, I must say I enjoy having him around here... but hell, I really enjoyed the "prophet Yahweh" and 'Serpo saga' discussions too.

Where else would you find such discussions? If he writes a book (I've heard around here that that may indeed be in the works) I think I'd have to buy a copy. Worst case scenario, we'll get some great fly-boy type stories mixed in with the 'other stuff'... Win-win; e-n-t-e-r-t-a-i-n-m-e-n-t as 'those guys' like to say.

that has been shown to be true?

*The crickets chirp noisly as, off in the distance, a tumbleweed blows by.*

Good Times; Good luck with that.
:

Regards.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Rren]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

that has been shown to be true?

*The crickets chirp noisly as, off in the distance, a tumbleweed blows by.*

Great line!

Regards
yf

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

But, along the lines of what claims I find most remarkable, that I've learned about via Mr. Lear:

1)There are no gas-giant planets. They (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune) are instead terrestrial (rocky) planets with thriving civilizations on them.

2)Our moon (Luna) has a breathable atmosphere and, also, a thriving civilization and mining operation.

3)Venus has its own civilization (I believe Mr. Lear reports/believes that all the planets (and some moons) have one) and that its 'cloud cover' is artificial (In order to conceal the civilization there from our scientists, astronomers, etc.)

Aw, man...I try to shut up and keep my own council regarding some of this stuff, but I gotta say : "Don't step in that, Wilbur..."

My Momma would be disappointed in me if I didn't try to help a poor soul out.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
My Momma would be disappointed in me if I didn't try to help a poor soul out.

Which poor soul? I don't believe any of it. Just those are the most "remarkable" (interesting) claims/reports of Mr. Lear's, imo.

But I do, love it so! How could you not?

Regards.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren
I don't believe any of it. Just those are the most "remarkable" (interesting) claims/reports of Mr. Lear's, imo. But I do, love it so! How could you not?

Well, that's a comfort to me then. Where I come from, 'most remarkable claims' is a genteel way of saying 'whoppers'.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't bet the farm on certain of our Mr. Lear's musings...but I know he'd be appalled if we did.

Jump in any time, John...not meaning to talk behind your back, here...just addressing the thread.
Regards to all

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
John most "Outlandish" Claim is his whole spiel about it's a "Big Secret" that the Moon has Gravity!
John's secret is what the rest of us call "Common Knowedge".

B.T.W. I'm still laughing about that one John, that's got to be the Only "secret" they hide in every grade school textbook!

Tim

[edit on 5/2/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
John most "Outlandish" Claim is his whole spiel about it's a "Big Secret" that the Moon has Gravity

Now to be fair to him, Lear doesn't dispute that there is gravity...he surmises, though, that it is a great deal more than 1/6 that of earth, and is enough to support a breathable atmosphere. I still don't buy into that and wouldn't recommend that anyone up there whip off their helmet and take a big haul of that 'fresh air'. Just my humble opinion, of course.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Now to be fair to him, Lear doesn't dispute that there is gravity...he surmises, though, that it is a great deal more than 1/6 that of earth, and is enough to support a breathable atmosphere.

The point here is the John Lear's claims about lunar gravity have no scientific "Weight" to them.

Tim

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
For me, it would have to be the 6 or 12 mile high "soul catcher" on the moon. It does something like recycle our souls.

I have tremendous respect for John and his flying credentials, I just don't believe everything he has to say.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ok,so all through any threads associated with John Lear, we get certain patterns played out. We see where 'newbies' read John's material and say 'Pshaww' and are promptly assailed by the faithful. So, then, the apparent lesson to be learned is that we don't have to believe him, but it's rude to express that doubt in an open forum. Naw..I don't buy that...this is a forum, and everybody's statements are fair game, as long as manners are observed and nobody scares the horses.

In all fairness...we do have the 'disclaimer' attached to John's signature, which should alert the unwary. Indeed, what our Mr. Lear shares with most other able storytellers is a disinclination towards letting the facts get in the way of a good tale, well told. But folks...let's use our noodles, here.

And, John, I read your bio on another thread and it's a great yarn...I don't doubt it, and would be even more interested in what you left out. But I find it kind of incongruous that in a forum that thrives on diclosure and denial of ignorance, we find a celebrated participant that purports to have actually been involved in 'black-ops' (which I assume we can call extra-legal gun running at the behest of some of the government). People did do time for the October Surprise, and it was a roque programme designed to throw the Presidential election. I'm intrigued to see that called patriotism by many of the ATS crew..

Finally...this is what really galls me..the following extract from another thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

johnlear posted on 12-4-2007 @ 11:01 AM

Scientists are particularly noted for there total inability to grasp new ideas because scientists are so deeply rooted in what they believe is 'provable, duplicatable science'. Scientists are usually the last ones to figure out what is going

Provable, duplicatable science is also known as knowledge. It makes the world go 'round. That's what prevents folks from putting jet fuel in a turboprop, because provable, duplicatable science says you'll crash.

If this world ran on conjecture, rather than solid knowledge, we'd all soon be extinct and recalled as a species of fools. Science is meant to describe our existance in a dependable context, and...like democracy, it's not perfect but it beats anything else we've got.

There...two cents worth (Canadian).

[edit on 2-5-2007 by JohnnyCanuck]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join