It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travel The Real ATS Galaxy 2.0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It is real, a real life picture of space, but with an ATS Twist.
It has almost every place on ATS, with a total of 300 stars with connections

ATS Galaxy 2.0

Its finally complete after like, well a bit of time on the old guy here the ATS Galaxy works on IE and Firefox.

I hope it works well for everyone

But can be practical and complex at the same time.

This is the picture right here-but it is not interactive yet. The url is below

and this is the flash file page for the ATS Galaxy
ATS Galaxy Flash

What does the galaxy have you ask:

It has links to almost ever link on ATS, it has links to every forum, to every button and every part available on ATS, including the three main boards which are the three largest stars in the galaxy. I will slowly be adding more links to the secret stars if you can find them the ones that have random words and links for just a laugh or two.

Hope its cool

There will be future better galaxies/universes made for ATS

:cheers

Thanks to everyone who helped me code this and figure it all out especially in the computer help forum, which is also on the ATS Galaxy

[edit on 2-5-2007 by asala]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It looks very interesting, but I refuse to use IE. I'm a Firefox gal all the way. Let me know when you have a Firefox version and I'll be sure to check it out!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
ATS Galaxy 2.0

Its finally complete after like, well a bit of time on the old guy here the ATS Galaxy works on IE and Firefox.

I hope it works well for everyone

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ragster,

what an absolutely cool concept.
What made you think to do this?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
thanks x2 SD

yea

the idea just kinda ran in with the metaphors or the ATS Universe/Galaxy and then I was like why not have the stars have a home address, its kinda liek Stargate the movie, I guess it was a compilation of everything that sparked it, but making took forever haha

photoshop to make a picture with like (ok, I have no idea how many layers haha
)layers then html coding and image ready mapping, and then finding a nice host site, I have really been thinking maybe I might make a Member galaxy, I probably will, But I just need SO to give me every member who has been active over the past year, an I will make a star for every person

haha

but yea I like it, I just hope it makes a nice twist for everyone here on ATS...

[edit on 1-5-2007 by ragster]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If you end up making that star member map, reckon I could get the brightest star?

No, really.

Awesome idea ragster. But only 8 layers in PS?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
umm haha WTR, I was just saying off the wall with the layers, I do not know how many layers to be exact, hmmm, I do not know, I know there is a base black background, stars, nebulae, and more stars and more nebulae, and etc. so yea

but im sure I can make a star for you pretty bright, I might even make you blue or something

[edit on 1-5-2007 by ragster]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Oh sweet! Now I can say to people, 'My star is blue,' and people will have no idea what I'm talking about. I looove confusing people.

Caterpillar.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
yea for sure you will be confusing people no doubt

blue star, red star, green and so on...

good stuff

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hahahaa! That is so funny! Love it!

As of this posting, the mouseover (tooltips) appear to be working fine, and the links seem to be working. All of this in Firefox.

Good job!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yea I hope that all the links work

I am not sure if someone will take the time to go left to right and up and down to find there forum, haha, I never thought of that

If and when I complete the ATS Member Galaxy I will sure hace each star or something a different color and such and a nav bar for everyone to type there name to find it

top topics

join