It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Tech Killer was GAY?!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Here is a disgusting example of yellow journalism. In order to sell papers, they make allegations like this. How many kids will be beat up because of this? How many people will be killed by haters in hate crimes against gays because of this? How much did these pigs make from this issue? They should donate all their profits to the gay rights organizations and make a public apology!

[edit on 30-4-2007 by j_kalin]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm what about your title for the thread? Oh the irony

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by j_kalin
Here is a disgusting example of yellow journalism. In order to sell papers,

Kinda like the title you gave to this thread?

As for the 'beating up' thing - there are always idiots who are going to beat up people for being gay, Asian, black, white, ... whatever. I don't think that newspaper headline will cause an increase in violence, but I could be wrong.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yeah, and the Globe is such a bastion of respected journalism, too. Next week I hear they will have proof that Anna Nicole Smith's baby was fathered by an alien from Zeta Reticculi.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't think a single person will be beaten up, attacked, or killed because of this "newspaper" and its headline. Quite a far stretch you're taking there. Especially when this paper appears in the checkout line of a grocery store right next to newspapres with headlines like "Bat Boy Hunts for bin Laden" and "Santa Claus and His Secret Nazi Past".

People need to start taking responsibility for their own actions and that of their children. I am sick of the blame game. "It was the violence on television," or "it was that awful video game." The problem and the solution begins and ends in the home. Parents need to step up and be more involved in their childrens' lives. Too many people are depending on television and the public school system, among other things, to raise their children and teach them values. While I think that teachers and schools need to do more in those departments, it is ultimately the sole responsibility of parents to teach their kids right and wrong and to instill good values in them. It is their responsibility to know when something is obviously mentally wrong with their child, and it is their responsibility to do something about it.

Sorry for rambling on and on. But I'm just sick of it all. People need to stop pointing fingers and casting blame when the problem lies with themselves. Newspaper headlines don't kill people (at least in most cases!). Television programs, movies, video games, rap music, etc. doesn't kill people. PEOPLE kill people.

Now that is not to say that I don't think the media and such is completely innocent. I'm all for free speech and freedom of the press, but both of those freedoms come with some responsibility. Rappers advocating the murder of police and the slapping of "hoes" is just completely irresponsible. But so long as those kinds of things exist it is up to PARENTS to know what their kids are listening to and watching and reading. And its up to them to keep that garbage out of their homes. I know that parents can't be with their kids 24/7 and can't control everything they see and hear. But as long as they teach them the importance of values and treating others how they would want to be treated, then there shouldn't be any form of media that could easily corrupt them.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I added a question mark...is that better?

I did get your attention, though...lines sell as the Globe knows well.

For the record, as most people already know, the VT killer was obsessed with a woman who spurned him...he was definitely not gay. This is what I object to; the press uses gays as scapgoats for everything. Remember Columbine? The press said they were gay, no proof at all, of course. Here's a good link:

www.pittsburghlive.com...

new topics

top topics

join