It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indianapolis 500 track comparison - Must See

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Here's a great link to give you an idea of the scale of the track. A must see, check it out-
www.indy500.com...

Even if you're not particularly a race fan, the start of the Indianapolis 500 is something I think everyone should see in person, at least once. 250,000+ fans up and screaming as the 33 cars come roaring down the straightaway for a flying start, I don't care whether you're a race fan or not, you will get goosebumps.

As a lifelong Indianapolis resident, I still get calls occasionally from out of town acquaintances who ask about the race. One of the best questions, "Where should I sit to see the entire track?"

The answer is, "Nowhere". It's just too big. It's tough to visualize the scale of the place until you've seen it.

Yes, Vatican City, the Rose Bowl, Churchill Downs, Yankee Stadium and the Wimbledon Campus could all simultaneously fit inside the infield.

I've never been a race fan particularly, but the Indy 500 is a spectacle unlike any other. The World's Largest One Day Sporting Event.

[edit on 4/30/2007 by yeahright]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes, I'm bumping my own thread.

Today's opening day at the track. Seriously, check out that link above. I thought someone would be a little surprised at the relative size of the place.

new topics

join