It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sam allardyce quits bolton!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
So after 8 years big sam has quit bolton and on the verge of them qualifying for eufa!!!
I'm shocked by this he is the kind of manager you think will be with the one club forever so you have to wonder why he has quit...
my theory is a big club has offered him something better in the coming months.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yeah....it will be sad too him no longer at Bolton as he had become part of the furniture. And even though I don't support Bolton, it was always interesting to see what players he could get.

Jay Jay Okacha, Dkjokaeff, Fernanda Hierro spring to mind. And lets face it, the guy worked wonders at the club. And the sad thing now, I don't think Sammy Lee can sustain the work Big Sam did.

I remember before McClaren got the England job big Sam was heavily linked to the post. From what I gather no1 has faith in the job McClaren is doing so what are the chances of that one happening do you reckon?

Also...... do you think his son and transfer dealings are going to be investigaed much more further this time around... Hence hes off

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yeah me and a few mates thought he was getting ready for the england position but now im not to sure. I think maybe a spanish or italian club or even maybe someone like man city if they get taken over might go for him. I agree with what you say though it was fun watching him breath life into the old boys careers, my favourite was Ivan Campo. I also wonder if the new manager will stick to the same rule of reviving the old boys.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
hey again, and haha... he would be good abroad since he has signed just about every nationality of player there is

I don't reckon any of the top 4 in England would take him. The Man City link.... I dunno, he would have more money to spend but he wouldnt be able to take them any further than what he is doing with Bolton.

Moving abroad to manage would be a big step for him and a challenge.

Yeah, Campo is good.... not the greatest footballer but he is effective.

I don't know much about Sammy Lee but I don't think he will be able to attract the kinda signings Big Sam was...

By the way, are you a Trotters fan?

[edit on 3-5-2007 by rynaldo82]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Nah I go for Spurs

But I have always had a bit of a soft spot for Bolton, although I am hoping they drop off a bit in the last couple of games so spurs can back back into 5th haha

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see where Big Sam ends up! Has Australia got a manager?

Sammy Lee was a fantastic player and has really shown his worth as a trainer and coach. I for one wish him the best of luck.

It really is a bit fishy though! Going with only a few games to play, maybe more will come out after the end of the season.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm not sure if australia has a new manager yet... but it will be interesting to see how the new manager goes about selecting the team as hiddink was the only manager i have ever seen who didnt just rely on harry kewell to do everything.
in my opinion kewell is the reason we didnt make the world cup before this on and yet his still australias golden boy! so frustrating

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
When Kewell is on his game he is a golden boy.

Liverpool fan here and it was a really kick in the swingers to have Harry out for most of the season. Still he should be back soon.

Still you boys down under kick butt at cricket, But the best bit of the world cup was when Flintoff knicked that boat and went for a rowcracking effort.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Lol didnt see that not much of a cricket fan but on the topic of Kewell theres rumours he might be joining spurs. Dunno how true it is though

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
At Liverpool..... Ain't Kewell a bit too similar to Luis Garcia? and I think with Benitez, if he has to pick a flair player to play.... he will go with his compatriot.

Heard there are rumous about Tevez going the Pool too, I think it's well known Fowler is passed it.... Benitez just don't favour Crouch. I think Kuyt is good but you could see another striker coming in.

Is Allardyce son still a football agent?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Tevez going to Liverpool, are you mad Rynaldo?

Big Sam left as he was fed up with no money to spend. Can't see Newcastle giving him too much when he goes there, but will they be able to afford him? According to reports if he goes to another club in a certain amount of time Bolton will get 5.5mill compensation as they didnt want him to leave.

[edit on 8-5-2007 by The Real Deal]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
Tevez going to Liverpool, are you mad Rynaldo?

Be fair.... its the comunicating with you that's done it

You never managed to keep Machereno in midfield... and Tevez is playing really good at the moment. Just, if Liverpool make a move... could you keep him?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Yeah the hammers seem to have a problem thinking there a bigge club then they are

I remember when they sign the 2 argentinians they said they joined because west hams a big club. I think we all had a laugh at that one.
But it should be interesting to see big same at newcastle and yeah I also think Tevez will be moving on even if the hammers do survive

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Dunno if he has signed on the dotted paper yet taking charge of Newcastle. But.. going from Bolton who have been a better team than Newcastle for the last 3 or 4 years.

I would imagine he has been promised a big budget. he wants to win things etc.. so any ideas what his budget will be?

heard the striker Martins has supposively went awol.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
As of yet I havnt heard much on his budget but did hear he will be going in for a big named striker. Also heard owen MIGHT be on his way out...
A lot of people have said newcastle is a sleeping giant and I would have to agree so it should be interesting to see how they go next season.
I also wonder if bolton will crumble?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hi MrRobarto,

Yeah.. Owen is being linke with Liverpool and Man Utd. Think there is a clause in his contact which says he can go for £9 milloin? Seen Shearer on the tele the other day though and he was saying... Owen will be staying and I think those 2 are pals. Thought he would be going in for a defender as Newcastle need one.... well, 4 haha

Dunno about Bolton. They have alot of experience in that team , like fightint players who don't give up. I think replicating what big sam did will be way hard but I think they will surive. Well, for the first couple of seasons after that... when the players age and Campo leaves... and other experienced guys.

All the need to do is lose the keeper and Nolan and I think they could end up in trouble.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Jussi Jaaskeleinen is an absolute legend! I have always thought he deserves more credit then he gets. But yeah I think you are spot on there if the new sam cant bring in some great players in the next season or 2.
I just wanna see spurs crack that top 4!!

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
yeah... Jaaskeleinen is solid in goals. I guess the reason he does not get noticed as much as Cech, Reina, Van Der Sar is prob cos he plays for a lesser team. And he never gets himself int he papers etc.. seems to just go about his job quietly.

Hard job for Spurs to get in the top 4 as I think Arsenal, Chelski, Liverpool and Man Utd are way too solid. Spurs could challenge but I think you need a midfield player in the middle. I remember a few seasons back you had Davids who gave you that drive in midfield, then you had Carrick but last season. Think of the amount of times you went ahead and got beat? it's like.. you go ahead and the team crumbles. Don't get me wrong, you have great players who are technically excellent.

I think you lack a never say die sorta player. You best hope reportsl inking Spurs with Jarosik at celtic are false. He was absolutely terrible up here!

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yeah I agree we badly need a left winger. Watching spurs this season was so frustrating especially when we were 2 goals up because you just sit there waiting and then it happens.... the other team scores 2 goals in 5 minutes then another one in injury time, I lost count of the amount of times that happened this season.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I thought Steed Malbranque played out on the left for you? although he does like to cut into the middle of the park.

About what your saying.. the prime example would be the Chelsea game. Think it was 3 nil up and they were crumbling big time, but somehow spurs crumbled twice as fast. Not sure what hapepend cos you were tanking them big time.

top topics

join