It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain THIS to me then...this has been around for a long time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I've tackled with the paranormal inside a church...Now explain this!

Mass hallucination? (Tell that to the many thousands of people - what they are seeing isn't correct)
Weather Anomalies? (clear sky)
Birds? (none in sight)
Plausible Scientific explanations? I'm open for discussion!

Go ahead...take a stab at this one!

Holy Apparitions

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I agree with the article.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Christianity is 100% true and miracles still happen, tell me something I don't know.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well heres my take: The article states that millions viewed this event right? This happened in 1968, why are there only four (4) really low quality photographs taken of this amazing event? Are there other images available?

This event lasted for a year according to the article, it wasn't only available for a brief period like with a UFO sighting, so why aren't there other photos?

Questions like these almost give us the answer as to what to think of such events in my view.

The video seems to show the same low quality images, along with a background history of the church. Not much to see.

As far as eyewitnesses, well this virgin mary 'appearance' was viewed by many as well in Clearwater, FL

[edit on 30-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm a tad skeptic if I'm to be honest...

The video speaks of a scented smoke int he area, it could be a series of lights shone into controlled smoke. After all the 60's saw the birth of special effects (2001- A space Odyssey, Planet of the Apes and Chitty-Chitty Bangbang).

Moreover the Video says that the Apparition appeared during Times of feast- rather convenient that the Mother of Light should appear when there's an audience pre-assembled.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
ok explain THIS to ME. why is it that when ever a "holy" aparition apears, they always do so in the images classical images developed in the renasance? why not in their "true" forms?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
ok explain THIS to ME. why is it that when ever a "holy" aparition apears, they always do so in the images classical images developed in the renasance? why not in their "true" forms?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Holy Gawaduh! It's Jesus's holy gawauhdly light shone down upon us all. Uhtank you jayeesus! Praise the Lowuhd!

Uhhh hmm sounds interesting, but I dunno. That website reads like a childrens book

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by superevoman

This is what I have always wondered as well.

It is HIGHLY unlikely that those paintings of old even REMOTELY resemble the true person. Yet, it seems like the "visions" always appear looking identical to the paintings, statues etc.

I'm not one to knock faith and I think these visions, even if faked, do a great deal of good for a great many people. However, I personally find it a bit silly. But hey, that's why I'm not a christian right?

Jasn

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
of coarse the aparitions could be apearing to us in this form because it is the one that is most ingraind into our culture, but i doubt it because then these holy being would be promoting a false image and thus lying.
kinda confusing realy

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by superevoman

Seeing as they would have to be "otherworldly", I suppose that it would be safe to assume that they could be appearing in a familiar form so as to be appropriately recognized. Though, that just seems strange to me.

Jasn

top topics

join