It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemy of the State...2nd Amendment supporters beware

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I pray to God that this guy will never run for
or be elected to a public office.

Source

Mod Edit: Shortened Link to Prevent Lateral Scroll Bar.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Oh boy.

It's sad to know that people that stupid exist.

Edit: You know, the idea is so stupid, that it seems kind of like a joke.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I would have to resign..

WOW!!

What would be next? Once they get by the Second Amendment, why not go after the First?

Semper

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
how come the rest of the world, cannot have weapons to protect themselves, and usa citizans can. just face the facts that we are all in this together and one day, they will get your guns, and you will be treated like the rest of us then.

of course the one thing that will be hard for them is that guns create alot of sales, but look how they are trying to get people to stop smoking. 20 years ago, if you said they would ban smoking, people would call you nuts, but today, they are trying to do it.

the gun thing will take time, and the only problem i see, is that they like weapons sales, thats the only thing stopping them at this time. for anyone saying that gun control is stupid, i would say.

That we are all heading for a nwo, where everyone is supposed to have the same rights, and usa citizans will eventually become citizans of the north american union. then you will have no rights to hold your guns, and your government will treat you like other countries treat there peoples

[edit on 4/30/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I simply pray everyday that I do not live to see that....

I have been to those other countries and have no desire to live as they do....

So, maybe I will be gone long before that ever comes to pass...

Semper

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Whilst I am anti-gun. (being a Brit), even I can see that this part

then, on a random basis to permit no advance warning, city blocks and stretches of suburban and rural areas would be cordoned off and searches carried out in every business, dwelling, and empty building.

..is taking things too far.

I realize most gun lobbyists don't see the connection between the huge number of guns, and the huge number of gun related deaths, but I do concede that since the US IS a gun toting culture, it's not really something that can be practically undone.

IF 150,000 US troops can't disarm a nation of 26 million in the middle east... they've really not got a hope in hell of disarming a country of 300 million.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I used to be one of those who was against guns. Then I moved from a large California city to the mountains of Tennessee and realized we needed a shotgun to protect our animals from mountain lions, wild dog packs, etc. I also realized that in a town with only 2 policepersons for the entire county, that if someone meant us harm, it would most likely take at least 15 min. for them to get here. By that time, my husband and I are dead. (We actually have zero violent crime by strangers here, but still you never know).
We have a neighbor who had 20 goats, all were killed by a pack of wild dogs.
So we went out to Wal-Mart and bought our first gun, a nice shotgun and one that I know how to use. While we were making our purchase, the man selling us the gun told us that Australia had confiscated all its guns from their citizens. I could hardly believe it, I mean Australians value their guns as much as and maybe even more than, most Americans. But, yep, sure enough they did it. They called for all guns to be relinquished and people dutifully gave up their guns. Amazing. I realized then that if it could happen to the Aussies, it could well happen to us.
I'm actually thinking of joining the NRA now, since it's the best ally we have in fighting to keep our guns. They are a very strong lobby for guns, too. I think armed citizens are a very scary thing for our leaders and that's a good thing, it helps to keep them at least somewhat in check.

Sometimes, my husband visits his brother out of state and I am here alone. I'm not usually afraid here, but I do feel safer just knowing that I ahve a way to protect myself and my animals.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If he ever gets his way the least they could do is start in his neighborhood and see how the people like their homes torn apart even if they are doing no wrong. Never going to happen.

mikell

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Every time I read something like this, I make a tidy little donation to my favorite pro-Second-Amendment organization.

In my case, that would be the National Rifle Association.

There are others and a quick Google Search will reveal them.

To those who don't like the Second Amendment, I say, stay where you are or move to where they don't have one. That includes a lot of territory, so you should have no trouble finding a place that suits you.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
as much as i think we should get rid of pretty much all handguns... i don't really think this is the right way to go about it at all.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is where i disagree with most people. The right to bear arms was not originally intended to make sure hunters can have thier rifles. It was put there to make sure citizens can be armed in case a revolt against a corrupt gov't. I dont hear anyone talking about this point. If i want to own an A.K.47 or any other military grade weapon i should be able to. Not because im going to hunt with it but because i want that type of weapon....period. I actually dont own any firearms but i still believe i have the right to own a weapon for defense against individuals as well as a police state.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Let's face it. A call to confiscate arms will be made everytime a mass shooting tragedy occurs. It seems to be standard practice. That aside, I can see no practical way to disarm America. It's just not feasible from any stand point.

However, I do believe it's time for stricter gun control. Perhaps, having to obtain a permit to own a gun every three years, and going through a background check then.

Whatever the case, disarming is not really an option without a full-scale war on the homefront.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So this DOLT is not only prepared to trample on American's Second Ammendment Rights, but to do so is willing to trample on the 4th Ammendment, 5th Ammendment, 9th Ammendment and the 10th Ammendment - all in the pusuit of this foolish zealot's quest to disarm a free people.
I can't remember a time I've read anything more sinister or stupid in my entire life.

This man should be hanged for treason for even attempting to logically provide a method for disarming the public.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
This man should be hanged for treason for even attempting to logically provide a method for disarming the public.

yes, let's hang everyone that disagrees with my position!

second amendment rights! yay, let's squash someone's first amendment rights when he doesn't think that we should have guns!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
kozmo,

It's called ignorance. He doesn't know any better.

"Here in America, we don't make fun of retardation, retardation that's uncontrollable." - Borat 07'

Retardation that's brought upon by one's self... that's a different story.

Flame on!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
He's not ignorant, folks. He's smart. Just because he's wrong doesn't make him an idiot. He knows exactly what he is proposing. The elimination of Constitutionally granted freedoms by basically ignoring every one of the amendments. The creation of "nanny" state is his, and others like him, ultimate goal. Trust the gov't., we know best.

Reagan said it best, (I'm paraphrasing, so bear with me): the nine scariest words anyone can ever hear are, "I'm from the gov't, and I'm here to help."

Cordon off entire blocks and search every house and building. That was the scariest thing he said. The resulting blood bath would be incredible.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here is a link to a very succinct article citing quotes from the framers of the Constitution and BoR. I've ready many more like them.

Hamilton, Madison & Gerry

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
seagull,

Originally posted by seagull
He's not ignorant, folks. He's smart.

He is ignorant. He thinks the Government, himself, or anyone can infringe on our right to keep and bear arms. Anyone that believes for one second that the 2nd Amendment doesn't guarantee "the people's right to bear arms", is completely ignorant. It's in black and white in the Constitution.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
source

Hell, they couldn't get support for it in DC.

In the most important ruling on gun control in 70 years, a federal appeals court Friday for the first time used the Second Amendment to strike down a gun law.

In a 2-1 decision, the court overturned the District of Columbia’s long-standing handgun ban, rejecting the city’s argument that the Second Amendment right to bear arms applied only to militias.
source

When it comes down to it, all people need to do to get the ball rolling in our favor is to speak up. If we all just sit around the house and complain about it, nothing will get done, and there will be no one ensuring those rights are wiped away.

jtma508,

Here's another link for your viewing pleasure.

Founding Fathers' Quotes

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yeah, because we all know the only way to kill someone is with a gun...

What's after guns, knives? clubs? then finally being literally dis-armed?!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Infoholic. You are badly underestimateing these people, 'course I could be overestimating them.

When all is said and done, the Constitution is a piece of paper to these people. It means what they say it means...they can disregard it at their pleasure. The only thing preventing that is for people of goodwill like you and I, and all the others here in America to be vigilant, and call them on it and bring attention to their plans to disarm us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join