It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at shopping mall USA. 2 dead,.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is Breaking news right now,

Kansas USA, 2 reported dead so far in a shooting in a shopping mall,

More to come, as its released...

[edit on 29-4-2007 by asala]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Suspect has been arrested,

4 victims, 1 a police man,

2 dead,

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Links

edition.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- Two people died and at least two others were wounded Sunday in a shooting at a shopping mall in Kansas City, Missouri, a Fire Department official said.

Kansas City Fire Department Battalion Chief Joe Vitale said the dead included the original shooter. Two or three other people were wounded in the shooting, he said.

The shooting took place at Ward Parkway Shopping Center, about nine miles south of downtown Kansas City, he said.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My a sudden wave of shootings lately in the US huh..

Wonder if this guy will be Islamic like the last mall shooting or possibly like the VA shooting?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Very sad, once again. This stuff happens so much latley.

At least they arrested him before he could do more harm.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I dunno if this is going to get vary much attention. I don't want to say anything bad about the two people who died but it was only two people. Also, this was a shopping mall and not a school. We all know little kids hang around shopping malls and they are always up to no good. I guess. I was one of those kids once. Students going to school are going to go somewhere in life, they are more important and worthy of national attention.

Had to take a few seconds and flip through the channels to back this up and I didn't see anything about it. I guess it's just not worthy of your tears.

Props to Alasa for posting this.

When you guys are searching for a cover up you guys are always looking for something big. Look into these peoples lives and who they are. Give respects to their familys and the people who were close to them.

Styki

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The main thing about this story is that the shooter was stopped in a random car check, he then shot the police man in the arm and continued in to the mall,

Weapon is thought to be a AK-37 assult rifle.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Just to update.

The Shooter was killed, Police said the opened fire, But at the time was not sure if the man was dead or not,

Its now confirmed however that he died also,

The man was shot to death inside Ward Parkway Center in south Kansas City, police spokesman Tony Sanders said. Police fired shots, but it was not immediately clear if he was killed by authorities.

Seems the stories now emerging of what happened,

Authorities said the violence began early Sunday afternoon, when they went to a home to check on a woman relatives hadn't seen for days. The victim was found dead and her car missing, Sanders said.

The car was spotted later in the day by an officer, who pulled the driver over and was shot in the arm, police said. The officer, whose wound was not life-threatening, returned fire.

The car took off and was seen later at the shopping center. Police said the man fatally shot two people in the parking lot. Then, he went inside the mall and fired more shots, wounding at least two others, Sanders said.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i wonder why the American media was so hush hush on this on a rather boring news day...someone didn't want this story getting any publicity. a shooter on the loose in a shopping mall smack dab in America sounds like a Grade A story to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Isn't it possible that subsequent, similar crimes, even crimes that would ordinarily not even be contemplated, occur after especially heinous acts by widely publicized criminals?

I would be very interested to see a study that shows crime patterns after news reports of individuals in the past committing high profile crimes and "copycat" or at least similar MO crimes following soon after.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
absolutely newton, watch the movie copycat again.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have a strong fear that after the wave of shootings, will come more issues.

I am sitting here waiting for the anti-gun nuts to try to pass laws further limiting our freedom to own weapons.

new topics

top topics

join