It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Highway collapses after fire.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hi sorry about the double post before. I came in here to find out how MAJORMALFUNCTION is doing? What is the situation with the traffic in your neighborhood? What has happened with the mess? Have they removed the debris yet? What do we know about the driver? Does anyone have the ability to run a check on him? I would like to know more about him, I jokeingly said before oh great now all we need to find out is that it was done by one of the 100 new mexican truck companies drivers. If there was a conspiracy envolved the guy would have done it to either stay out of prison or to protect his family. I still suspect that it was done intentionally to spread disinfo about the ability of fuel to melt steel. I am open to being wrong, just a thought on the matter. Also one more thing, are they covering it alot in the news or just moving along? And do you take the free transpo? Who is and how much will it cost? Thanks Majormalfunction.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I noticed that the overpass wasn't hit by an airliner moving at high speed either.

"911 truth movement" There's a joke for you. They wouldn't know the truth if you hit them along side the head with it.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Hi sorry about the double post before. I came in here to find out how MAJORMALFUNCTION is doing?

Hiya, somehow I missed this post until now Antar. Personally, I have a car; with two small kids and the visitation schedule I'm stuck with, public transport just won't do for me.

It's been pretty extensively covered on the news, though I haven't heard anything about the driver in a couple of days.

Public transit was free the day after the crash, but it's business as usual now. the mess is cleared away and they're looking at what needs to be fixed now.

They've routed everything through my neighborhood and it's messing up traffic pretty badly, not to mention the dingbats that go up my residential street after getting off the freeway at 50 or 60 mph. Almost hit my kid in his stroller the other morning.

The news today said that they will have it fixed in 50 days or less, the lower deck may be done as early as next week. They are offering an incentive of $200K per day for every day under 50 that the contractor gets the job done, and they're fining the contractor the same amount for every day over 50. The feds said they'll pick up the tab IF it's completed in 50 days.

The driver wasn't recently from Mexico as far as I know.

In record time they've put up new directional signs for the freeway interchange detour, repainted two lanes to make an extra turn lane for the cars going onto the freeway from Grand Avenue. They've got all the intersections that don't have traffic lights that cross Grand Ave. blocked off so you can't turn across all the re-directed freeway traffic.

Our mayor was speechifying about how all the traffic is being routed through residential areas and it was exposing us all to extra carcinogens. Nice of him to care, but it's not going to get it all done any faster.

I can live with 50 days I suppose. I'm sad to see my sedate neighborhood on the edge of downtown become so traffic-heavy. Even during rush hour it's not usually very bad around here. At least it wasn't until now.

Links:

Local News Video On Repair Timetable

Here's More on the Driver, Oh You'll LOVE This

I hope this answers some of your questions.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Thankyu majorm, I am very happy no harm came to your baby. weird how the free transpo was only for a day, what hype, 50 days is ok we will see,yep the driver could have been hand selected to avoid a drug charge as I first suspected. Again stay alert and strong and keep us informed, Ive been down for week w/ penomonia...(coughzzz)

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Ramp in maze to reopen Friday
Governor says contractor will beat deadline by more than a month

The MacArthur Maze freeway connector that collapsed April 29 will reopen for the Friday morning commute, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger announced Monday, beating the state's deadline by a month and two days.

That would mean that motorists were inconvenienced with detours through East Bay streets for only 26 days, in spite of the April 29 gasoline tanker truck crash and inferno that caused bolts to melt and steel girders to give way under the original concrete deck.

The contractor, Rancho Cordova-based C.C. Myers Inc., would be completing the job in only 16 days and collecting the maximum $5 million early completion bonus. The contract, which C.C. Myers won with an astoundingly low $867,000 bid, set a deadline of June 27 and awarded $200,000 a day for each day the project was finished early.

Full article here

That is going to be one happy, happy contractor.

That also makes ME very very happy, as the freeway bypass through my neighborhood will be over with. The end of the nightmarish traffic on Northgate Ave., and hopefully the end of my daughter's nasty non-virus-related cough.

All hail C.C. Myers! Well done, to you and your crew!

[edit on 22-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join