Well, I had to really stop and think; I've owned so many differnet vehicles over the years, it's hard to remember them all. O.K., here goes:
1. 1961 Ford Falcon 2dr sedan- bought it on time off a small used card lot for $700. paid it off in like 6 months. About a year later I was driving it
in the local mountains when I hit a patch of ice and plowed nose first into a parked 1972 Cadillac El Dorado; didn't even really hurt the caddy but
crupled my hood and ruptured my radiator and fuel line. Sad. I really liked that little car.
2. 1962 Mercury Comet - had a bad piston rod and I kept expecting it to go anytime but it lasted a whole year. Amazing.
3. !969 Ford Mustang Boss 302; what a great car. Had the positraction rear end, the Hearst 4 speed shifter and Hawley Carbs. Ran like a bat out of
hell. Bought it from my brother and he conveniently forgot to tell me that he was past due on the note. Reposesed a month after I bought it.
4. !968 Pontiac Firebird 400- My all time favorite car! I bought it just out of the service for cash and what a sweet ride it was, too. This car was
totally stock with the 4 speed four on the floor, stock pipes and 4 barrel carbs; the only non-stock items were the tires, which were Sears steel
belted radials. I had this car for about 2 years and then the gas crunch hit and gas prices sky-rocketed. Bye-bye baby.
4. 1969 VW Suoer Beatle - hey what's a boy to do? It didn't go fast but I could fill up the gas tank for under $5.00.
5. 1975 Chevy Monza Towncar - the only car I ever bought new, Wish I hadn't; what a lemon. Finally sold it 6 months later for just enough to pay off
the note. Bummer!
6. 1974 Chevy Vega.- Piece of crap.
7. 1974 Ford Thunderbird - A very nice car. Drove the wheels off it for several years.
9. !984 Ford Pinto- totalled it in a wreck.
10. 1979 Honda 750 - drove this for 2 + years before I gave it to my ex-wife who later traded it in for a new Triumph Cub,
11. 1986 Harley-Davidson Soft tailed Springer- Ride to live; Live to ride. baby. Still own it.
12. 1992 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale - Still have it and it runs as good today as when it rolled off the assembly line. It's a 6 cyl, so it get's
decent gas mileage and it's very comfy to sit in too.
O.K., I'm done; who's next?
[edit on 5/7/2007 by Mr. Fantasy]