It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mars Volta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ok, I was really interested to see if anyone else here at ATS listens to my favourite band in the world. If you havn't heard of them then I suggest you do something about, get their record. I have seen them live three times and I am waiting for their next show, I love them.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
wern't they surrporting for qotsa or the chillisafew month back? from what ive heard there not great but not bad either

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
wern't they surrporting for qotsa or the chillisafew month back? from what ive heard there not great but not bad either

Yeh they supported the Red hot chilli peppers for their tour around The U.S and Europe, that was a while ago. From what I heard they did not go down well in front of the chillis crowd. Flea did the bass for The Mars Volta's album you see. Obviously the people there to hear The chilli Pepper's pop rock were annoyed by the startling complexity and brilliance of Mars Volta.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
you got a link to there site or some songs im to lazy

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
well you could maybe try www.themarsvolta.com ! You should get there songs of kazaa or something. Trust me.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The mars volta is probably my favorite band. Im not sure many bands can do much better than this. But Im hoping there are because this music is great.

Now I had to listen to many of there albums several times to really get the music on a deeper level. At first, to me it sounded like noise and I didn't check them out for another few months because I thought I wouldn't like them.

Im a musician, and as a musician, these are the best guys making music right now. They are the pink floyd of the new millennium. and then some

here are a few videos..

none of their songs sound the same...thats bad ass and rare these days.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What genre of music do they play? Any good song suggestions?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prozac Heart
What genre of music do they play? Any good song suggestions?

Like a blend of hella different genres. Everything from psychedelic rock, punk, jazz, salsa, dub/reggae. You cant categorize them, and you can't say they really sound like any other band, but you can hear the different influences.

Every song, IMO, is a novel unto itself. I personally like the album Frances the Mute and Amputechture the best right now, but I dig every song.

Some songs sound like noise, or craziness at first and your ears are instantly horrified at the weird noises emanating and penetrating their canals. But after a few listens, you begin to hear things you didn't hear before, catch little nuances that are so brilliant, you're shocked you didn't notice the first go round.

The Volta, for most people, is an acquired taste. Every bad ass musician I know, also appreciates them for their unique and brilliant expressions..

see what Rage Frontman Zack De la Rocha had to say

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

I Likey!
I'm gunna look for some of their albums when I go shopping this arvo

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
MARS VOLTA YEAH!!!!

The only concert I attended in my life was for the Mars Volta!

1st album was the best.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think they are good, but sometimes they get a little annoying... too purposefully artistic at times.

honestly, I like At the Drive In a whole lot more, however i do understand why they stopped that project. As they had mentioned, the punk thing doesn't leave room for progression, and prog is all about it so, there you go.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I love

new topics

top topics

join