It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts of life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Religion or no religion, Evolution or no evolution. Either way the same questions remain... who, what, when, why? We all know we all live on planet filled with endless types of species of animal and plant life. Everything working perfectly together plant supplying oxygen, animals supplying dioxide for plants, sun supplying for all, earth supplying water etc for all. All that a coincidence? I don't think so. Not when we are surrounded by a chaotic universe that can snuff us out at any moment.

Even our own study of ourselves and science shows evolution is possible yes but what about the building blocks where did that comes from? Who put it together? DNA and particles on a molecular level are designed no question about it. For instance fruit trees all supply food they also are capable of reproduction but what tells a tree that it needs to do what it does? What tells a tree it needs water, sun, dirt to survive and to bear fruit? I'm sorry evidence and the sheer thinking of this tells me everything was designed for a purpose. DNA is the coding and DNA or junk DNA is the room for growth hence evolve.

Be it GOD or Aliens or Ourselves that are the creators but everything points to design and purpose. Maybe we have always been spiritual beings and that we are just here in this 3rd dimension to discover and learn. Be it parallel universe or physical 3rd dimension we are all made of the same material. You have to accept the facts that you are a spiritual being living a physical body now we need to discover why.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Does it matter "how" we were created?

If you believe in God, Creator, Father, et al, then you must understand that anything that issues forth from divinity is, in itself, divine. If we are created by aliens, so be it. That was the design of our creator.

The Universal Law of Consequence is unerring, unwaivering. All actions issue forth from previous actions. Cause and effect is the primary law of reality.

Thus, all things are predictable. You say you can't replicate results? Maybe your models that describe and maneuver through chaos are insufficient...but it stands to reason that all actions are tracable through the threads of cause and effect that predate them.

Therefore, what is currently happening was meant to happen from the beginning. Every thing that occurs was destined to occur from the very first action, the "big bang", if you will (although, i don't believe such).

Who/what created us is irrelevant. What is relevant is our purpose, or reason for being. That is, in my opinion, the answer people should be seeking.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sean
Everything working perfectly together plant supplying oxygen, animals supplying dioxide for plants, sun supplying for all, earth supplying water etc for all. All that a coincidence?

No, not a coincidence, but a matter of one system coming about because of its environment, and other systems building off of that and the changes to the environment that are brought about because of it.

DNA and particles on a molecular level are designed no question about it.

That smacks of opinion rather than researched findings, and you'll find that researched truth can differ from opinion by a fair margin at times.

For instance fruit trees all supply food they also are capable of reproduction but what tells a tree that it needs to do what it does? What tells a tree it needs water, sun, dirt to survive and to bear fruit?

Nothing tells a tree to do anything. A tree doesn't "know" it needs to survive at all. Plants are hardly more than biological machines - if you take a plant out of soil or out of light, it shuts down and dies, that simple. Why? Because it can take no action to save itself. It doesn't "know" how to bear fruit, but if the conditions are right, it just does.

I'm sorry evidence and the sheer thinking of this tells me everything was designed for a purpose. DNA is the coding and DNA or junk DNA is the room for growth hence evolve.

What "evidence"?

You have to accept the facts that you are a spiritual being living a physical body now we need to discover why.

I have to accept nothing. There are no "facts" that I am a spiritual being. The case is far from closed.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
there are really only 3 questions...

what, when, and how

there is no WHY in the universe. why is a question we ask ourselves because we project our own rationalizations and mechanizations onto inanimate objects. i have known myself (among others) to get angry at a device for malfunctioning asking "why did you have to do this NOW?" even though there is no WHY with any sort of device.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
There is always a "why". A long series of causation creating this effect before moving on (using the lamented effect as a further cause, mind you) to future events.

Asking "why" is the only really important question is you are wondering what your purpose is. Everything else leads to the mechanics behind "why", but "why" is the most critical part, if there is one. I guess "why" is related in this way to "how".

[edit on 29-4-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Funny to see and read the replies. Didn't expect anybody to take it so personal. What do you believe then? Science is getting closer to proving parallel universes exist. I was only implying that we are probably most likely spiritual energy beings living in a body host. If you look around in the world and see all the life as evidence stacked up as a whole is that not enough proof or is it all coincidences? What are the odds of a planet such as ours and us being here? We shouldn't even be here, but we are. It would seem that once you have so many coincidences stacked that it's no longer a coincidence.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by sean]

[edit on 30-4-2007 by sean]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

What are the odds of a planet such as ours and us being here? We shouldn't even be here, but we are. It would seem that once you have so many coincidences stacked that it's no longer a coincidence.

You're looking at it from the wrong perspective. It is no use to look at it from the inside out, you have to look at it from the outside in. Sure, we may be the product of a pile of good luck and favorable chance outcomes, but there are so many other worlds out there where nothing has happened at all that it's not too incredible to believe that one day the numbers would line up and the universe would spawn sentient life. A person who wins the lottery may think it was some incredible luck that they had the winning numbers, but there are thousands of others who paid out $10 each for useless scraps of paper. It's all about odds, and with as many games of life being played out in the stars as there are, someone had to have the winning ticket.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

If you look around in the world and see all the life as evidence stacked up as a whole is that not enough proof or is it all coincidences? What are the odds of a planet such as ours and us being here? We shouldn't even be here, but we are. It would seem that once you have so many coincidences stacked that it's no longer a coincidence.

We haven't explored our own solar system yet. What makes you think planets like Earth are unique and rare? evidence is starting to accumulate that they in fact much more common than we previously thought...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What are the odds that in the entire past and future history of the human race, and life in general, that I should be born into a comfortable Western life, free of all the trials, diseases and conflict that have afflicted almost all of humanity?

The odds are huge. So bizarre and unlikely.

If there are a billion Universes, each with billions of stars and planets, and it turns out that "Life" is a vastly unlikely event to occur, and it only came into being on this one freakish planet.

Then why not here and now and you?
If this is where life is, and you are alive, then this is where you are.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by emjoi
What are the odds that in the entire past and future history of the human race, and life in general, that I should be born into a comfortable Western life, free of all the trials, diseases and conflict that have afflicted almost all of humanity?

The odds are huge. So bizarre and unlikely.

My point exactly. It's all about playing the odds. Better to stop worrying about how you won the lottery, and just get on to spending the money.

[edit on 1/5/2007 by Thousand]

new topics

top topics

join