It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important - Avatar File Sizes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Now, I don't consider myself a moaner, but most people around me do.

I have noticed of late the avatar file size limit of 75kb is being ignored by an ever growing ATS population.

The file size limitation was put in place due to bandwith problems which, now, seldom affect those with broadband connections above 1mbps.

However, there are members who unfortunately are still restricted to the likes of dial-up, 128kbps and 256kbps, for these individuals files size is very important.

So I ask that those who exceed this limitation please resize/redesign your avatars so they fall within the constraints asked by ATS.

Thank You Kindly.
Koka

Edit: Thanks Jak, I'm sure the mods must think I'm a pain.

An additional image restriction has been brought to my attention, where by Signatures should not exceed 500 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall and 25kb in file size.

I became aware of this as my own signature exceeded those specs, fixed now though.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by Koka]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well if people have a problem with their connection there is always the low bandwidth option which removes avatars and sigs.

edit: and mine is only 53kb!

[edit on 29/4/07 by JackofBlades]

JAK

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thanks Koka for a reminder on this, a U2U to any member of staff over this or any matter members think we should be aware of genuinely does help us keep things running as smooth as possible, is always appreciated and perhaps much less inclined to invoke possible drama rather than any member contacting another directly (despite anyones good intentions).

Remember also that if your avatar is removed to please read the accompanying U2U fully. In this case it will include a link to the guidelines regarding Avatars where you should be able to spot what the issue is but generally this is the case with all staff action. In other instances it will usually include either an explanation itself of any action taken or failing that a link to one. Please bear in mind too that if after fully reading such a U2U any member is still unsure as to why a particular course of action has been taken further contact to clarify the situation is always welcome be it though a reply to the particular member of staff via U2U or use of the 'complaint' feature which will alert all staff to the matter.

Jak

[edit on 29/4/07 by JAK]

new topics

join