It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alleged 7 gates to hell...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
so far there are 2 theories on places that could be a gate to hell, they include highgate cemetery and kentucky's stull cemetery where a satanic church used to be. highgate has a lot of satanist cults and vampires that hang out in the tombs there while stull is said to have Lucifer's son buried amongst the graves, which Lucifer visits every halloween at 12:00 at night, which has got some people wondering because an unknown gatekeeper told press to leave mere minutes before 12. i, however, have a 3rd theory. the bermuda triangle may be a major gate called "Tartarus" where the strongest demons, even stronger than the prince of darkness himself, is said to be held. i was wanting some of your guys' opinions on where some other ones might be because i am looking to visit each an every one when i get a chance.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here's an interesting article in Encylopedia Mythica; Good read.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Umm wheres the link?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Thats so weird, when I saw this threads titile I immediately thought of Tartarus, and lo and behold thats what you were thinking.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
yeah word where is the link? hahaha i was all interested in readin it.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

What article?

i found only this 175 word note at:
www.pantheon.org...

Jahannam, by Alan G Hefner

...the Islamic hell mentioned frequently in the Qur'an,
It has seven gates......and different levels...

[copyright MCMXCV - MMVI Encyclopedia Mythica]

That's about all i could find on the "7 gates to Hell"
the 7 gates seem an Islamic thing

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Why would the devil setup 7 gates to get into his domain? You would think he would make it as easy as possible for wayward souls to quickly get into his realm of torture, not make it more difficult to capture souls... There is only one "pearly" gate to get into heaven... Sounds way easier...

I can understand Heaven having a gate. St. Peter (or whoever relieves him for breaks) can quickly look over your credentials and decide if you are allowed into heaven. Afterall, they want to be a little choosey up there don't they, only accepting the pure, and good hearted (isn't that a form of "racial" segregation based on the souls virtues?).
I always thought that the devil would take any soul he could get though, so you would think he would have no gates at all, just simply a highspeed expressway into the pit of flames... The devil isn't going to make it difficult for an evil soul to get to his destiny, he wants that soul there "right now" so that the devil can start his eternal torture on the freshly arrived soul right away, not a big delay while these souls wander around trying to figure out how the heck to get through the next gate... I know if I was going to hell, I would play stupid and wander around saying "Duh, where is the next gate, I can't find it...", just delay getting into hell a little longer.

So until I hear more about this, I have to say that I don't think there are any gates to hell at all, let alone 7 of them to clamber through... In hell, the gates are always wide open...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
It has occurred to me that the Bermuda triangle might be a place where time and space fluctuate from time to time, but I have never considered the possibility that there might be a more malicious force behind it until now.

Still, I am unconvinced by that. The Bermuda triangle is definitely an interesting mystery, but nothing has been lost in the last several years that is outside the normal percentage of lost vessels in an area that is as heavily trafficked as that is... so its possible that there is nothing there at all anymore, if there was anything there to start with.

And as far as the other things the OP mentioned, the graveyards where Satan comes at Halloween... well, that sounds like rubbish to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Why do these gates have to be in the US?, after all the country isnt that old.

If Satan existed the gates would surely be somewhere in Europe/the Middle East because these places have had people living there for 1000`s of years and the notion of the devil/Satan is way older then 400 years.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Stull is in Kansas, Highgate is in England somewheres.

Stull has been widely debunked in Kansas (but obviously not on the internet) so lets start here:

www.lawrence.com...

I've read in other places that the history of the Stull legend can be traced back to a University Daily Kansan article in the mid 70's. The author of that article has even "fessed up" and admitted to making it up in an attempt to create an urban legend.

On a side note, I had a friend that had written up a contract for the devil and we went out there and signed it in blood on the spring eqonox! We were young... Didn't see Satan, but my friend did say he felt something grab his coat as we climbed out of the church. I had to point out that there was a rusty nail right where his coat dragged through... But hey it coulda been Satan's claw snatching up his immortal soul right through his trenchcoat sleeve!

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Stull cemetery is also in Kansas, by the way. Not Kentucky.

Edit***

Someone else noticed at the same time I did.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by nyk537]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
May it be these gates:

en.wikipedia.org...

?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Weird NJ has an article on thier alleged Gate of Hell. Interesting read.

It seems like every rual or suburban area in America has some sort of "Gate to Hell" or "Satanic hangout" location. Where I grew up, the local gate was located in a abandoned house called Toad Hall. Satanists were said to dwell there, doing thier foul deeds. I went up there once with my parents. We were looking for a house to buy and boy, was this one cheap! My mother and I stayed in the car while my father investigated the inside of the house. (In broad daylight of course.) He came back a few minutes later, visibly shaken. He told us the house was in no condition to be sold. Besides the unstable constuction of the house, there was tons of upside down crosses, pentagrams, and 666 graffitti all over the walls of the house. But the thing that disturbed him the most was a closet that was locked solid with several padlocks. Needless to say, we beat a hasty retreat back to the main road.

Brrr! It's too late at night to think about such things! I guess it's going to be a sleepless night for me!

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I thought this was about the Divine Comedy of Dante, one of my favorite reads.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
all roads may lead to Rome but all space-times "gates" dont lead to hell,lets get serious people.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leirbag
said to have Lucifer's son buried amongst the graves, which Lucifer visits every halloween at 12:00 at night

If by Lucifer you mean Satan AKA The Devil, Who was he's son???

Originally posted by Leirbag
the strongest demons, even stronger than the prince of darkness himself, is said to be held.

I don't believe anyone is more stronger than the prince of darkness. Apart from maybe the king of darkness

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm going to have to disagree with you, Waterwalker, on the "serious-ness" of the topic...

While I agree that all claims about "Gates of Hell" are simply not true, I think we should look deeper on how this idea has cropped up all across the US.

GOH are an urban legend of jungian porportions. Everybody everywhere growing up has heard of a local place that is "haunted."

Don't go into the Annie the Witch's house! The Devil lives there!

Stay out of McAurthor's tunnel! It leads straight to Hell itself!

...And at the bottom of the abandoned hosipital is a pit which is the entrance to Hell!

...And so on. The question is, why is GOH such a popular local legend, especially with teenagers. One could see going into a GOH as a right of passage. They go in as cocky teenagers, but come out as scared adults. Another idea is that GOH are a way create something magical in a mundane world. As we grow into adults, the magic of childhood disappears and we see the world as it really is. GOH are that last gasp of childhood belief in magic, transformed by a Christian culture, modern sensibility, and watching too many horror movies.

So, does anybody have any good GOH stories they can share?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Not a gate to hell -- more a loose plank in the fence, I suppose, or a crack in the wall of hell.

Ordinary house, nice street, pleasant neighbourhood. In a newish estate at the time. House was only five or so years old. Absolutely nothing to set it apart from the rest. Beach only half a mile away. Bright and sunny location.

Many paranormal phenomena occurred there. I used to describe it as 'a sort of window'. That house was a paranormal zoo. 'Things' were there. Most of the time, everything was fine. I've never counted the incidents, but over the space of 6 years, there would have been roughly a dozen. Out of those, two or three were 'repeats'. The rest were unique 'once-ers'.

Won't go into details about the phenomena, will just list them

* one life-sized, life-like ghost. Full colour. Looked exactly like a 'real person'. Legs faded out below the knees. Appeared out of nowhere while the doors and windows were locked. Stood there staring at something across the room. Turned out he'd died several months earlier and was searching for some of his earthly possessions.

* Tall, cloaked entity. Again, just 'arrived'. Male. Very powerful. Angry. Delivered a threat ... or promise. Don't know if it's still pending. Hope not.

* Several small entities with appearance of 'gnomes'. Able to induce unconsciousness in the victim. Intent of abduction. Seen by more than one member of the household but on separate occasions.

* 'Gang' of non-visible, highly malignant entities suspected of being permanent occupants. Were already in residence when we bought the house. Still there when we left. Powerful, foul. Able to induce altered-states in the victim, intent of taking 'possession' of victim. Highly alert to victims' vulnerabilities -- opportunistic -- exerted combined strengths against victim/s. Really bad. Must have come from a very bad place. This 'gang' or combined malevolent force was responsible for half a dozen or more separate attacks. Most of these occurred in daylight.

Didn't help that our family contains a number of naturally psychic individuals.

People who purchased the house from us also had young, active children. They remained in the house for just over a year before selling it. One moment they claimed they 'loved' the place and had no intention of selling. Shortly afterwards, they departed. When attempts were made to discuss this sudden change of heart, they remained sombre, uncommunicative. Brief, claimed reason for moving was not convincing.

An elderly couple moved into the house next. They already had a bad aura, or at least in my estimation. The auras I'm most able to see are the 'bad' ones. I see 'bruise' colours around them: shades of muddy yellows, 'dirty' greens and blues and a sort of purplish-grey.

I didn't have occasion to pass the house for a few years after they moved in. Several years later, when I drove past the place, it had closed in on itself -- seemed to have turned inwards and rejected the world. The place seemed surrounded in shadow, although in reality it still received a lot of sunshine. I was told the old-couple still lived there, but no-one saw much of them.

Have no idea why that house should have attracted so many negative entities. Only thing I'm aware of is that prior to our purchasing it, some people lived there who were murdered. They actually died ten or more miles away, not in the house. The case has never been solved. Possibly, they may have been involved in occult activities and may have summoned up things they didn't expect and were unable to 'send back'.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
stull cemetary is not in kentucky its in kansas.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
hmm, interesting post. my guess on a location would have to be washington DC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join